Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 BSOD 0x0000008E

24 Apr 2011   #11
ni562

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Im getting the same error.

Here is something more interesting After following your instructions on how to fix the BSOd i get on shutdown I get this message.
Quote:
Hibernation failed with the following error : the request is not supported.
The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
There are one or more legacy drivers installed: VgaSave
An internal system component has disabled hibernation.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Apr 2011   #12
mgorman87

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ni562 View Post
Im getting the same error.

Here is something more interesting After following your instructions on how to fix the BSOd i get on shutdown I get this message.
Quote:
Hibernation failed with the following error : the request is not supported.
The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
There are one or more legacy drivers installed: VgaSave
An internal system component has disabled hibernation.
VgaSave is the video driver used while in safe mode. You can't hibernate while using that driver hence is why you got the BSOD when trying to shutdown/hibernate from safe mode. Has this crash only happened once while shutting down in safe mode?

If you can run that virus scan then I would suggest you download http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hi...ootCD.13.2.zip. It is a bootable CD that has tons of virus scans that you can run before loading Windows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #13
ni562

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

dis-regard this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Apr 2011   #14
Shootist

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Why are you trying to put the PC into hibernate?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #15
mgorman87

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
Why are you trying to put the PC into hibernate?
OP got an internal power error BSOD which is common with the hibernation file being to small
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #16
ni562

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Nop I get the BSOD everytime i tell the PC to shutdown...but not when it shutsdown by itself.
And do i have to burn it onto a CD?? Or it boots like a CD? Is there a way to shutdwon VgaSave??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #17
mgorman87

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ni562 View Post
Nop I get the BSOD everytime i tell the PC to shutdown...but not when it shutsdown by itself.
And do i have to burn it onto a CD?? Or it boots like a CD? Is there a way to shutdwon VgaSave??
You need to burn it to a CD if you have one. Or you can create a bootable USB stick.
Hiren's BootCD From USB Flash Drive (Pen Drive) - www.hiren.info

Quote:
VgaSave is designed in Microsoft Windows to load automatically when the default designated video card driver does not work, or if a newly installed video card driver refuses to work.
No. You cannot remove VgaSave. Because you are booting into safe mode, your normal video drivers aren't being loaded and Windows needs some driver to display video so it uses the VgaSave driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #18
ni562

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote:
You need to burn it to a CD if you have one. Or you can create a bootable USB stick.
alright il try it and get back to you.

Quote:
No. You cannot remove VgaSave. Because you are booting into safe mode, your normal video drivers aren't being loaded and Windows needs some driver to display video so it uses the VgaSave driver.
Does that mean i cant fix the BDOD when i shutdown??

BTW im adding my dumps from when after i updated my drivers...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #19
ni562

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote:
VgaSave is the video driver used while in safe mode. You can't hibernate while using that driver hence is why you got the BSOD when trying to shutdown/hibernate from safe mode. Has this crash only happened once while shutting down in safe mode?
Yes i only get the BSOD when shutting down from safemode . im sorry i missunderstood what you said at first
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2011   #20
ni562

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

still need help here...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 BSOD 0x0000008E




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD often after reboot or windows update, 0x0000008E or 50
Hello, I've had BSOD issues with this machine for some time, it can be fine for weeks (if I leave it on) but often windows updates or just rebooting can trigger a load. Normally: 8E or 50 win32k.sys ntfs.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit (0x0000008e and others)
My wife's computer has been having random BSODs for a few weeks now. I have tested the memory with memtest, updated bios and all drivers I could find, changed out video card, replaced secondary hard drive, etc., but I'm stuck. I have uploaded the DM Log collector zip file. Any help is appreciated.
BSOD Help and Support
Windows BSOD Error: 0x0000008E
Hello everyone, This is my first post, so bear with me. I have an IBM Thinkpad T43 with Windows Ultimate x86, and just today, I have received blue screens every time I log in. I have attached the BSOD ZIP file. Thank you everyone!
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on new Windows installation, error 0x0000008e
Hi, I use Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. I bought a new ram module for my computer a few days ago. Everything was ok. I was running Windows XP in virtualbox and when I came home later there was a blue screen. After that I had several blue screens when I wanted to browse in Firefox, running...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 BSOD 0x0000008E
Hi, I'm new here and I'm hoping you guys can help me. Whenever I start Steam, when I enter my account and password and log in, I get a blue screen. Likewise, I was following the Blue Screen of Death posting instructions, and the first exe causes me to blue screen, I tried it twice, and I got no...
BSOD Help and Support
Another 0x0000008E BSOD
Hi, Neil; sorry you are having problems, Please read this thread, follow the instructions and post back. We will be glad to help you. https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App