Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Crash After startup about 5mins after.

28 Apr 2011   #11
niemiro

Vista Home Premium x86 SP2
 
 

Hello!

I cannot actually view your error code, because I am at my workplace, and PhotoBucket is blocked. However, I shall grab some logs in the meantime. Don't worry, I would have had to do this anyway, error code or not, so no time has been wasted

EDIT: Just for once, seeing the error code did help! Additional step: Please run sfc /scannow, as explained at this link: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\ folder to your Desktop > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload that new file here, just as you did in your original post.

Thanks a lot!

Richard


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Apr 2011   #12
AngryCircle

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Let me call in a Windows Update guru...stand by!
hey any news on the windows update guru?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2011   #13
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Apr 2011   #14
AngryCircle

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by niemiro View Post
Hello!

I cannot actually view your error code, because I am at my workplace, and PhotoBucket is blocked. However, I shall grab some logs in the meantime. Don't worry, I would have had to do this anyway, error code or not, so no time has been wasted

EDIT: Just for once, seeing the error code did help! Additional step: Please run sfc /scannow, as explained at this link: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\ folder to your Desktop > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload that new file here, just as you did in your original post.

Thanks a lot!

Richard
hey sorry didn't see this post. im running the scan now and will have the folder ready soon

[EDIT] Ok. so i now found out that it cannot run, i get the error 'windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation'. [EDIT]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #15
niemiro

Vista Home Premium x86 SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AngryCircle View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by niemiro View Post
Hello!

I cannot actually view your error code, because I am at my workplace, and PhotoBucket is blocked. However, I shall grab some logs in the meantime. Don't worry, I would have had to do this anyway, error code or not, so no time has been wasted

EDIT: Just for once, seeing the error code did help! Additional step: Please run sfc /scannow, as explained at this link: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\ folder to your Desktop > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload that new file here, just as you did in your original post.

Thanks a lot!

Richard
hey sorry didn't see this post. im running the scan now and will have the folder ready soon

[EDIT] Ok. so i now found out that it cannot run, i get the error 'windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation'. [EDIT]
Hello again!

Don't worry! It is absolutely no problem at all! That error message is interesting to know, however, I shall look at the logs to try to find the cause (don't worry about SFC this time)

Please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\ folder to your Desktop > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload that new file here, just as you did in your original post.

Thanks a lot!

Richard
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #16
Drakinus

Windows 7 home premium 64bits
 
 

I had the same problem, I disabled my windows firewall and voila, it installed all my updates without a problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #17
AngryCircle

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Ok uploaded my CBS folder for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #18
AngryCircle

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

just so you know i assume that SP1 has installed now, because i cannot find it anywhere in the updates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #19
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Go to Start > "msinfo32.exe"; what OS is displayed?

Ru Memtest86 from a cold boot: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Run each of the Prime95 tests: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #20
AngryCircle

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Go to Start > "msinfo32.exe"; what OS is displayed?

Ru Memtest86 from a cold boot: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Run each of the Prime95 tests: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html
Os: is what i said for my first post. Windows home premium x64

and what will these test me telling us?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Crash After startup about 5mins after.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Explorer crash upon startup, no BSoD
Hello! My name is Gavin, and my problem today is that I have a constant crash of Windows Explorer upon startup and can't seem to get it fixed. I'll provide some details below. Safe Mode: Loaded once, and then continued to crash after. Checked multiple times, still crashing. Regular...
General Discussion
BSOD crash on first startup (new computer)
Hi, I just bought two identical Asus Desktop computers. The first one works fine. On the second computer, when I login into Windows, I receive a BSOD (that happens right after I enter the login password). It happened on my very first startup attempt so I did not install anything. (I only...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD crash at windows startup
Okay so I've had this problem about few weeks now and I thought I should post it here. Almost every time when i turn my pc on it crashes. I've seen so far these BSOD errors: Stop 0x000000a, 0x000001a, Stop: 0x0000050 and Stop: 0x00000109. I've attached the zip file which should have the required...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD's + Driver verifier startup crash
Hello, I have recently build build my own pc. This pc has never worked stable, i've been experiencing random bsod's. Sometimes they come 20 in a row and the system is stable for only a few minutes. Sometimes, usually when I tweaked a little with the system, like increased the voltage over the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Crash when startup
Hi when i am trying run the program wireless manager i got that ERROR : Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App