Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Dell E4200 no wireless following BSOD

17 May 2011   #1
Dude49

Win 7 Pro 64
 
 
Dell E4200 no wireless following BSOD

New Dell E4200, was delivered with Home Premium 32 bit, reformatted to VL Pro 64 bit SP1 and latest updates installed. Is running BIOS A19. Worked fine till it BSOD'ed and afterwards the wireless was no longer working.

Laptop is at times connected to an E-dock docking station which has wired network, two usb drives and usb/wireless mouse keyboard plugged in. BSOD occured while laptop was docked.

Here are the relevant Dell drivers for this machine which were originally installed.
Reinstall of the network drivers didn't result in any errors but also doesn't result in the wireless working. Unknown whether BT is working, although BT light comes on at times. Wireless LED is off. Wireless switch on the side of the laptop is ON.

File Formats: IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio

Intel AMT HECI
Intel AMT SOL/ LMS
Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module
Intel 825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device diagnostics
Intel 825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device driver
File Formats: Dell System Software
File Formats: Intel GM45/GE45/GS45 Integrated Graphics

Even though as you can see in the attached screenshot the Network Controller isn't properly loaded the wired network works just fine, it's only the wireless that doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide to get this issue resolved.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 May 2011   #2
Nick92

Windows 7 professional x86
 
 

i had the same problem exept i found out i corrupted the actual data on the chip itself...maybe a faulty NIC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2011   #3
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude49 View Post
New Dell E4200, was delivered with Home Premium 32 bit, reformatted to VL Pro 64 bit SP1 and latest updates installed. Is running BIOS A19. Worked fine till it BSOD'ed and afterwards the wireless was no longer working.

Laptop is at times connected to an E-dock docking station which has wired network, two usb drives and usb/wireless mouse keyboard plugged in. BSOD occured while laptop was docked.

Here are the relevant Dell drivers for this machine which were originally installed.
Reinstall of the network drivers didn't result in any errors but also doesn't result in the wireless working. Unknown whether BT is working, although BT light comes on at times. Wireless LED is off. Wireless switch on the side of the laptop is ON.

File Formats: IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio

Intel AMT HECI
Intel AMT SOL/ LMS
Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module
Intel 825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device diagnostics
Intel 825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device driver
File Formats: Dell System Software
File Formats: Intel GM45/GE45/GS45 Integrated Graphics

Even though as you can see in the attached screenshot the Network Controller isn't properly loaded the wired network works just fine, it's only the wireless that doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide to get this issue resolved.

Crash was Related to iaStorV.sys Matrix Storage Manager driver - ia32 from Intel Corporation. I would re-install with newest version avail.



Also your wifi problem is related to your Symantec. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials'

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\051311-28563-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0285e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02aa3650
Debug session time: Fri May 13 16:58:34.156 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:35:07.216
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
...........................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
..................................................
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\iaStorV.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorV.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorV.sys
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9086, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : iaStorV.sys ( iaStorV+2e1d8 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Unknown bugcheck code (9086)
Unknown bugcheck description
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000
Arg2: 0000000000000000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------


CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9086

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff8800104c1d8 to fffff800028ddd00

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`0352caa8 fffff880`0104c1d8 : 00000000`00009086 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0352cab0 00000000`00009086 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : iaStorV+0x2e1d8
fffff880`0352cab8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`01069676 : 0x9086


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
iaStorV+2e1d8
fffff880`0104c1d8 ??              ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1

SYMBOL_NAME:  iaStorV+2e1d8

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: iaStorV

IMAGE_NAME:  iaStorV.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4c11875b

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9086_iaStorV+2e1d8

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9086_iaStorV+2e1d8

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> lmvm iaStorV
start             end                 module name
fffff880`0101e000 fffff880`0113c000   iaStorV  T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: iaStorV.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\iaStorV.sys
    Image name: iaStorV.sys
    Timestamp:        Thu Jun 10 20:46:19 2010 (4C11875B)
    CheckSum:         00068462
    ImageSize:        0011E000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Alos old drivers needing update
Code:
rimmpx64.sys    11/17/2006 09:49:50 PM    fffff880`047d4000    0x00013000    0x455e66be    fffff880`047c1000                            
btwl2cap.sys    4/3/2009 08:28:45 PM    fffff880`059ec000    0x0000c000    0x49d6a9bd    fffff880`059e0000                            
spldr.sys    5/11/2009 12:56:27 PM    fffff880`01af3000    0x00008000    0x4a0858bb    fffff880`01aeb000                            
spsys.sys    5/11/2009 01:20:58 PM    fffff880`05b5d000    0x00071000    0x4a085e7a    fffff880`05aec000                            
HECIx64.sys    6/23/2009 03:50:00 PM    fffff880`04b58000    0x00011000    0x4a4131e8    fffff880`04b47000                            
btwavdt.sys    6/25/2009 01:50:13 AM    fffff880`059e0000    0x0007b000    0x4a431015    fffff880`05965000                            
btwrchid.sys    6/25/2009 01:51:37 AM    fffff880`059ef880    0x00003880    0x4a431069    fffff880`059ec000                            
btwaudio.sys    7/1/2009 09:54:56 AM    fffff880`05a86000    0x00086000    0x4a4b6ab0    fffff880`05a00000
How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 May 2011   #4
Dude49

Win 7 Pro 64
 
 

Thanks for the quick reply zigzag, it's almost like you aren't actually human but a machine that parses the logs and assembles the most appropriate reply from known responses.

I upgraded the Intel Storage Manager. Uninstalled Symantec, rebooted, removed "yellow" devices and uninstalled their drivers, rebooted, reinstalled the drivers, and ...., nothing. Devices are still yellow, still no wireless even through wired works fine.

Makes me a sad panda, though I suppose this has really nothing to do with the crash itself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 May 2011   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude49 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply zigzag, it's almost like you aren't actually human but a machine that parses the logs and assembles the most appropriate reply from known responses.

I upgraded the Intel Storage Manager. Uninstalled Symantec, rebooted, removed "yellow" devices and uninstalled their drivers, rebooted, reinstalled the drivers, and ...., nothing. Devices are still yellow, still no wireless even through wired works fine.

Makes me a sad panda, though I suppose this has really nothing to do with the crash itself.
What devices are still yellow?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2011   #6
Dude49

Win 7 Pro 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
What devices are still yellow?
Same ones as in the image attached to the original post. Driver installation went flawlessly, each reporting that the drivers have been installed. When I right-click on the device(s) to update the driver both searches fail, the Internet one as well as the local one when I point it to the directory where the Dell supplied drivers are located.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2011   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude49 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
What devices are still yellow?
Same ones as in the image attached to the original post. Driver installation went flawlessly, each reporting that the drivers have been installed. When I right-click on the device(s) to update the driver both searches fail, the Internet one as well as the local one when I point it to the directory where the Dell supplied drivers are located.
Well until the storage driver is installed you are going to have problems with the others.

Just out of curiosity are you overclocking?

Also please run a chddsk to check the HD

A- CHKDSK /R /F:

Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.

Do this for each hard drive on your system.

When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.

It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.


B- Elevated Command Prompt:


Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)

At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"


C-CHKDSK LogFile:


Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2011   #8
Dude49

Win 7 Pro 64
 
 

It's not overclocked. I did install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager before installing the wireless network drivers.

I won't have access to the laptop which has this issue for a few days. Will reply here once I have the required info.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Dell E4200 no wireless following BSOD




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dell Wireless Card
Is the Dell wireless card Intel Wireless N 2230 compatible to work with a printer that will only recognise up to G but will not accept N ?.
Network & Sharing
Dell Wireless Card
Thinking of purchasing a Dell laptop but when I discovered it had Dell 1704 card it made me think again.From browsing the web it appears that a great many who have this card in their laptop can have a few problems,true or false?.
Drivers
wireless switch on Dell E6400
The switch on the right above the headphones has a radio tower on the left end of the slider. When the slider is pushed to the right, there is red/orange visible. So to connect to a router, do I slide the "wireless switch" to the right or to the left? Sorry, but I cannot tell which is "on." ...
Network & Sharing
E4200 BSOD from sleep
This is a Dell E4200 laptop with 128GB Samsung SSD drive. Whenever the laptop come back from sleep, I will get BSOD and the system restarted. Attached is the crash dump. I suspect its the SSD drive but wanted to confirm it from the dump files. Thanks.
BSOD Help and Support
Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
Hello everyone I have a very pressing problem. I had Vista running on my Inspiron 1520 Laptop. I recently upgraded to Windows 7, ever since then I have had terrible trouble with my Wireless Card. The driver for the card often comes up as not being able to start I often get Dell Wireless 1390...
Drivers
Dell Bluetooth 370 Wireless Adaptor
Anyone got success installing the driver for dell 370 bluetooth adaptor in windows 7 64 bit ?? I tried the drivers for windows vista x64 but they dont seem to be working.. Help Needed Guys....:(
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App