Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSoD Problems, started around a month ago

29 May 2011   #1
Stormchaser109

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
BSoD Problems, started around a month ago

Hi there,
Around a month ago my screen started turning black at seemingly random times, but the power light on the tower stayed on. Recently, the screen has started turning to a BSoD after turning black. Details of the system are below, along with the requested files in the posting instructions.
System Spec:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Original OS
OEM
10 months old
OS not re-installed
6144 MB RAM
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz (4 CPUs)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 320

Thanks in advance for taking a look and/or helping me out here.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 May 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Stormchaser109 View Post
Hi there,
Around a month ago my screen started turning black at seemingly random times, but the power light on the tower stayed on. Recently, the screen has started turning to a BSoD after turning black. Details of the system are below, along with the requested files in the posting instructions.
System Spec:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Original OS
OEM
10 months old
OS not re-installed
6144 MB RAM
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz (4 CPUs)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 320

Thanks in advance for taking a look and/or helping me out here.

No DMP file included in upload try this method




To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.



To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2011   #3
Stormchaser109

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

After running driver verifier, I restarted my PC and got a new blue screen telling me which driver was at fault. I restarted in safe mode and uninstalled the program, no problems since then. Thanks for the insight though.
Driver at fault was RapportPG64.sys.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 May 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Stormchaser109 View Post
After running driver verifier, I restarted my PC and got a new blue screen telling me which driver was at fault. I restarted in safe mode and uninstalled the program, no problems since then. Thanks for the insight though.
Driver at fault was RapportPG64.sys.

Ok remove repportPG64.sys to test or at least upgrade and re-install it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2011   #5
Stormchaser109

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Problem recurred earlier; damn I thought it was fixed..
The minidump folder is attached; doesn't look like there are many files though. (I've also ensured Minidumps are enabled as you said).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Stormchaser109 View Post
Problem recurred earlier; damn I thought it was fixed..
The minidump folder is attached; doesn't look like there are many files though. (I've also ensured Minidumps are enabled as you said).

This one is definte. Driver verified and Related to RapportPG64.sys RapportPG64 from Trusteer Ltd.. I would remove it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2011   #7
Stormchaser109

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Weird, I told control panel to uninstall it earlier today. Guess I'll go round and remove all the folders manually. Thanks again for the help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2011   #8
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Stormchaser109 View Post
Weird, I told control panel to uninstall it earlier today. Guess I'll go round and remove all the folders manually. Thanks again for the help.

Might want to see if they have an un-installer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2011   #9
Stormchaser109

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

All traces of rapport are gone from the system (I even did a few searches of the computer, checked running drivers, and checked all the folders their website said it may leave traces), and I'm still experiencing crashes.. Uploading the new dmp files..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSoD Problems, started around a month ago




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Security Updates for this month- any problems?
here we go again, I got 11, installed fine on my windows 7 machine but before i go and install them on all the rest anyone see any problems? btw kb2863058, when click on "View more info" it comes to a page that says "oops the page does not exist" and I cannot find anywhere what this update is...
Windows Updates & Activation
This Month's Windows Updates- Any Problems?
ok I just saw that for my windows 7 there are 10 updates as per my picture I know it is early yet since they just came in about a half hr ago on the East Part of the USA but once you have installed them can you please post over the next few days if you had any problems with them. After the last...
Windows Updates & Activation
Waay too many problems since I started using Windows 7
I'm the 1st to admit that I'm an airhead, and still consider myself a n00b but I used XP for many years almost problem free. Now I've had this new eMachine with Windows 7 pre-installed for 3 months, 2 days & more problems than in all the time with XP. I don't even know which forum to post in 'cuz...
General Discussion
Started having problems opening and saving PDF files
I have not have this problem until recently. I started having problems opening and saving PDF file. I use Firefox 6.0.2 and I was using Adobe Reader 10. When the problem started, I deleted Adobe and installed FoxIt 5.0 but I am having the same problems. When I try to open a PDF, the PDF...
General Discussion
Having problems getting started with apache
I am a complete noob regarding apache itself, even tough i already have some experience when using HFS for example, i am having big problems getting a html file on my hard drive showing up. I keep getting the 403 forbidden error or the 404 file not found error... please anyone that understands...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:51.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App