Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random BSODs, all diff errors

19 Jun 2011   #1
SteveS97

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
Random BSODs, all diff errors

Hey guys, new to W7 forums and I've got some BSOD issues on my computer I built that is running Windows 7 64bit.

I have received around a dozen BSODs over the last month, sometimes multiple in one day, sometimes it will go a week without a hitch. I have yet to see the same error twice, so I don't think there is a point in listing them.

Some other information:
-BSODs started after installing 4 more gb of RAM into system, for a total of 8. However removing the new RAM or rearranging the modules didn't help. System still BSODs now with RAM that has been tested good with Memtest86.
-BSODs most often occur while the system is under load, but have occured while I am checking email, etc
-Most recent BSOD was "System_Service_Exception" with error 0x0000003B
-System was custom built by myself in December of 2010
-OS has not been reinstalled
-Specs:

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor HDX925WFGIBOX
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
EDIMAX EW-7128G PCI Wireless Card
SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5


Please help, and thank you in advance


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Jun 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SteveS97 View Post
Hey guys, new to W7 forums and I've got some BSOD issues on my computer I built that is running Windows 7 64bit.

I have received around a dozen BSODs over the last month, sometimes multiple in one day, sometimes it will go a week without a hitch. I have yet to see the same error twice, so I don't think there is a point in listing them.

Some other information:
-BSODs started after installing 4 more gb of RAM into system, for a total of 8. However removing the new RAM or rearranging the modules didn't help. System still BSODs now with RAM that has been tested good with Memtest86.
-BSODs most often occur while the system is under load, but have occured while I am checking email, etc
-Most recent BSOD was "System_Service_Exception" with error 0x0000003B
-System was custom built by myself in December of 2010
-OS has not been reinstalled
-Specs:

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor HDX925WFGIBOX
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
EDIMAX EW-7128G PCI Wireless Card
SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5


Please help, and thank you in advance
Its a driver. Please run these two tests to find out which


Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.



Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #3
SteveS97

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

I'm confused. When running the Driver Verifier and the system BSODs, how do I diagnose which driver is faulty?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jun 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SteveS97 View Post
I'm confused. When running the Driver Verifier and the system BSODs, how do I diagnose which driver is faulty?
You upload the DMP and we examine it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #5
SteveS97

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Ok thank you. I am going on vacation in a day, but I will try to get that done before then.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2011   #6
SteveS97

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Update: Using memtest, I have verified 2 working DIMM slots, and 2 working modules of RAM. I currently have those 2 modules installed (I had 4 modules at my disposal). So from this point on, let's assume it is not RAM.

In addition, crashed 3 more times since last post, 1 had a "Memory_Management" BSOD, and 2 were just straight crashes, no BSOD. Two new minidumps have been created and I ran the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2011   #7
SteveS97

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Alright I am now back home from vacation, and plan to run the driver verifier tool today. One last question, how do I disable the tool once I have finished the stress testing and found what causes the BSOD?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2011   #8
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SteveS97 View Post
Alright I am now back home from vacation, and plan to run the driver verifier tool today. One last question, how do I disable the tool once I have finished the stress testing and found what causes the BSOD?
To disable Driver Verifier so that it no longer performs verification checks at startup, run Driver Verifier Manager again and select Delete Existing Settings in the initial dialog box.
Alternatively, click Start, then Run, and type verifier /reset in the Open box
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2011   #9
SteveS97

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Sounds good. I currently haven't had a BSOD in 2 days (a new record). This is since I changed the configuration of my RAM. Since it's possible that the problem is fixed, I'll wait and see if it BSODs again before running the verifier
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2011   #10
SteveS97

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Ran the verifier, no problems came up. Haven't had a BSOD in a week, so I'm calling it closed for now. Will post again if a problem arises. Thank you everyone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random BSODs, all diff errors




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Random BSODs with different errors
I've been getting BSODs for over a week now and it's usually a different error each time. There are a few consistent errors coming like like Memory_Management or System_Service_Exception. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd elaborate further but I fear another BSOD preventing me from even...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs, errors x50 and x3b
I have been getting BSODs with errors x50 and x3b for the past few days. If anyone could help me resolve this I would be grateful. I can always attach my dump files. I also get BSODs when I shut down my PC and after I have been playing games for a long time (3hrs BF4)
BSOD Help and Support
Multiple BSODs, random errors
Hi, My laptop suffers from random BSOD's errors. Sometimes, when i push power on button, nothing happens. Screen remains black, you can hear hdd&fan motion, but that's all. Sometimes it crashed during loading Windows 7, and sometimes i get BSOD's while running windows. When i tried to run...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs and application errors
Hey folks, I'm working on my cousin's computer which I just put together for him the other week. Since he took it home, it has been the victim of repeated blue screens and application failures. Since the computer was basically brand new, and there was no risk of losing any files, I first...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs, variety of errors
So I've been getting a ton of BSODs, and it's often a new error everytime. Ones that I've gotten recently are system service exception and irql not less or equal. I really have no idea what's going on. I'm usually on Chrome or on TF2 when it crashes. With that, there's also been just general...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs, Different Errors
Hey all, My husband's computer is on the fritz. I can -fix- most issues (software or hardware), but I'm horrible at diagnosing. I have attached the requested zip file containing the PERFMON output and jcgriff2 collection. There are a few dump files from months ago in there, but you can see...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App