Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD - Get it at random times.

20 Jun 2011   #1
Lamictal

Win 7, Home Premium x64
 
 
BSOD - Get it at random times.

Hi!

Since i just bought a new computer 1week ago i hoped the install and everything would work fine. And it has. Apart from the BSOD im getting.

I can be just surfing the web when i get them. And after a RS i can play a game for hours without any problem. Then i can sit and surf for a while, and no problem. Start a game. And all of a sudden BSOD. Its kinda annoying.

I fear it has something to do with memory error. But im guessing more to software\win7 error somehow.

The general problem turns out to be @ crash adress ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00 when i look at the dumps in BlueScreenWiev. Other then that it doesnt tell me much. Ive been googling the errorcodes but at no awail.

Ive also ran Memtest86 to see if anything failed, but it didnt.
Also downloaded new BIOS to newest and upgraded drivers on Motherboard.
(latest dump is after update, the other 2 is pre-update)

Hopefully some of you can help me out!
Im gonna add the last 3 dumps so you can look at. Also adding the systemhealth. Even if its in Norwegian. (i see it pings on 1 error here. It dosnt recognice Avast as antivirus, but find it hard to belive this is problem when i used it on old comp with win7 w\o problems)
Also if u need the dump files in another way let me know and i'll fix!

Thank you!

General info:
INTEL CORE I7 2600 3.40GHZ 8MB S-1155
ASUS SABERTOOTH B3 P67 S-1155 ATX
OCZ AGILITY 3 2.5" 120GB SSD SATA/600 MLC
CORSAIR 16GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Jun 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lamictal View Post
Hi!

Since i just bought a new computer 1week ago i hoped the install and everything would work fine. And it has. Apart from the BSOD im getting.

I can be just surfing the web when i get them. And after a RS i can play a game for hours without any problem. Then i can sit and surf for a while, and no problem. Start a game. And all of a sudden BSOD. Its kinda annoying.

I fear it has something to do with memory error. But im guessing more to software\win7 error somehow.

The general problem turns out to be @ crash adress ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00 when i look at the dumps in BlueScreenWiev. Other then that it doesnt tell me much. Ive been googling the errorcodes but at no awail.

Ive also ran Memtest86 to see if anything failed, but it didnt.
Also downloaded new BIOS to newest and upgraded drivers on Motherboard.
(latest dump is after update, the other 2 is pre-update)

Hopefully some of you can help me out!
Im gonna add the last 3 dumps so you can look at. Also adding the systemhealth. Even if its in Norwegian. (i see it pings on 1 error here. It dosnt recognice Avast as antivirus, but find it hard to belive this is problem when i used it on old comp with win7 w\o problems)
Also if u need the dump files in another way let me know and i'll fix!

Thank you!

General info:
INTEL CORE I7 2600 3.40GHZ 8MB S-1155
ASUS SABERTOOTH B3 P67 S-1155 ATX
OCZ AGILITY 3 2.5" 120GB SSD SATA/600 MLC
CORSAIR 16GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB)
No DMP's included




To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.



To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #3
Lamictal

Win 7, Home Premium x64
 
 

Holy!

Quick on the reply! Fixed now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jun 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lamictal View Post
Hi!

Since i just bought a new computer 1week ago i hoped the install and everything would work fine. And it has. Apart from the BSOD im getting.

I can be just surfing the web when i get them. And after a RS i can play a game for hours without any problem. Then i can sit and surf for a while, and no problem. Start a game. And all of a sudden BSOD. Its kinda annoying.

I fear it has something to do with memory error. But im guessing more to software\win7 error somehow.

The general problem turns out to be @ crash adress ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00 when i look at the dumps in BlueScreenWiev. Other then that it doesnt tell me much. Ive been googling the errorcodes but at no awail.

Ive also ran Memtest86 to see if anything failed, but it didnt.
Also downloaded new BIOS to newest and upgraded drivers on Motherboard.
(latest dump is after update, the other 2 is pre-update)

Hopefully some of you can help me out!
Im gonna add the last 3 dumps so you can look at. Also adding the systemhealth. Even if its in Norwegian. (i see it pings on 1 error here. It dosnt recognice Avast as antivirus, but find it hard to belive this is problem when i used it on old comp with win7 w\o problems)
Also if u need the dump files in another way let me know and i'll fix!

Thank you!

General info:
INTEL CORE I7 2600 3.40GHZ 8MB S-1155
ASUS SABERTOOTH B3 P67 S-1155 ATX
OCZ AGILITY 3 2.5" 120GB SSD SATA/600 MLC
CORSAIR 16GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB)


We can start with sptd.sys


Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp,sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #5
Lamictal

Win 7, Home Premium x64
 
 

Hi!

Thank you for input!

I'll uninstall it and keep you posted how it goes. I guess its the new version i downloaded of Deamontools lite. Seeing i never had a problem related to it before.

Thanks again, for now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lamictal View Post
Hi!

Thank you for input!

I'll uninstall it and keep you posted how it goes. I guess its the new version i downloaded of Deamontools lite. Seeing i never had a problem related to it before.

Thanks again, for now


Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2011   #7
Lamictal

Win 7, Home Premium x64
 
 

Hi again!

Just had another BSOD. And another during the bootup :S
But for some reason there is no minidump file there.

Im adding the Windows_NT6_BSOD_v3.03_jcgriff2 info now. Maybe you can see something else?

If happens again hopefully it will make a dumpfile that time.

Thank you again for the help.

Edit:

Had 2 quick BSOD now -7394 first. Then little after -7129
Added both.

Really considering reinstall Win 7. Unless anyone can see clear sign of hardware errors to blame or software\drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2011   #8
Lamictal

Win 7, Home Premium x64
 
 

Another BSOD today after about 3 hours of usage. Was watching a movie on VLC when it happend.

Adding another dump.

Would be awsome of if someone had some feedback on this now, so i have an idea if Hardware or software issiues is the recuring problem.

Thank you!

Another BSOD dump added. 7690 first. 7940 latest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2011   #9
Lamictal

Win 7, Home Premium x64
 
 

Sad that the quick help from my first post has died.
No reply for 2-3 days now

Got another BSOD now. Uploading it, and hopefully anyone with a better clue about this can look at it.

Ran memtest86 for 8 hours last night w\o any problems at all.

Thanks, hopefully.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2011   #10
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lamictal View Post
Sad that the quick help from my first post has died.
No reply for 2-3 days now

Got another BSOD now. Uploading it, and hopefully anyone with a better clue about this can look at it.

Ran memtest86 for 8 hours last night w\o any problems at all.

Thanks, hopefully.

Memory corruption caused by an unknown driver. Please run these two tests.


Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.



Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD - Get it at random times.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD at random times, at least 3 times per week. Win 7 64 Ultimate
This is my custom build computer of 4 - 5 years. The past year or so i keep getting random BSOD. There are times right after i do a windows update, the very next day my computer will crash. I am running the latest nvidia drivers, and also run windows update. Some times the error says Memory...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD problems in the past 2 days. Random errors at random times
Three days ago my water cooling failed (got up to 77C while gaming is when I noticed the problem as my CPU should not go over 62C). I decided to install an aftermarket heatsink instead of a new water cooling system ,and add a few more fans just to make sure my whole motherboard was getting plenty...
BSOD Help and Support
BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times,
Hello, New member here and thanks in advance for looking. I have a home built w7 Home Premium box we use almost exclusively for Windows Media Center. I started getting bsod's about a month ago and before that got distorted *pinkish* video on restart or bootup at times. Tried using...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at random times, 2 times/day in the last 4 days
Hi, I have started getting BSODs twice a day at random moments on my computer in the last 4 days. I've tried to figure out the reason for the BSODs but I'm not sure. I often get the * Hardware failure * bsod. Now I know these can be caused by a number of things, so that is why I included with...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at random times, other times just lock up
I have been getting BSOD's for the last week or so. I can't read the entire screen in time when it happens but I do catch something about a hardware issue. This has happened several times while playing video games, but others when surfing the web, or just doing some typing. I've checked all of...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App