Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: STOP: 0x0000007F

01 Jul 2011   #21
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Hello.

I'm very new at analyzing BSOD's, just so you're warned.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athr.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athr.sys
Probably caused by : athr.sys ( athr+8a12b )
As I've been told, athr.sys is your LAN-Wireless driver. Either not loaded, or outdated.

Second .dmp..
Couldn't really load this one. Quite uncompleted.

Third .dmp..
Code:
Probably caused by : monitor.sys ( monitor!BrightnessTargetToPercentage+32 )
This would be your Microsoft Windows monitor driver file. Try updating either your monitor driver, or your graphic driver (clean install recommended).

Forth .dmp..
Looks unloaded to me.

This is just some of your .dmp, but try updating a couple of drivers
FredeGail
Hello Frederik, good work but I think he's already past that... SFC is unable to restore standard W7 drivers. And a W7 repair has not worked. Only thing left now is a real W7 recovery from a W7 Disk or Recovery disk of this system (when it was still stable ) .

We need to know what his BIOS/MOBO is so we can help him set the BIOS boot order to cd.
I'm sorry for mistaken

Best Regards,
FredeGail


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Jul 2011   #22
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

Fredegail, thanks for the tips but I think im already past that part.

MVDb, Ive decided that im just going to wipe my computer and start all over. If I buy Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, can i install that and will that fix all the problems?

Also, doesn't the repair install require a windows 7 installation disc? I don't have one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #23
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
Fredegail, thanks for the tips but I think im already past that part.

MVDb, Ive decided that im just going to wipe my computer and start all over. If I buy Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, can i install that and will that fix all the problems?
Yeah... have a look at Clean Install Windows 7
just in case. If you wanta real clean install, save what you need (just in case...) but then make sure all (specially OS) disks are cleared/reformatted.

Good luck with that!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Jul 2011   #24
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
Fredegail, thanks for the tips but I think im already past that part.

MVDb, Ive decided that im just going to wipe my computer and start all over. If I buy Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, can i install that and will that fix all the problems?
Yeah... have a look at Clean Install Windows 7
just in case. If you wanta real clean install, save what you need (just in case...) but then make sure all (specially OS) disks are cleared/reformatted.

Good luck with that!
what do you mean?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #25
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
Fredegail, thanks for the tips but I think im already past that part.

MVDb, Ive decided that im just going to wipe my computer and start all over. If I buy Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, can i install that and will that fix all the problems?
Yeah... have a look at Clean Install Windows 7
just in case. If you wanta real clean install, save what you need (just in case...) but then make sure all (specially OS) disks are cleared/reformatted.

Good luck with that!
what do you mean?
What he means, is that, you'll need to store all those files you need somewhere else so you don't lose them during your Clean Install as we call it. What i'm talking about is the Backup.

You could also of course do an image backup.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup


EDIT; Forget about the image backup.

Good luck further,
FredeGail
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #26
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

Thanks Fredegail and MvdB.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #27
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

One more question. My netbook is an asus so it has a couple of programs from asus running on it and a program called cyberlink youcam. When i do the clean install then will it keep those programs or should i have to make a backup of them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2011   #28
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
One more question. My netbook is an asus so it has a couple of programs from asus running on it and a program called cyberlink youcam. When i do the clean install then will it keep those programs or should i have to make a backup of them?
You can allways get them anew from the asus site...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2011   #29
RhapsodyOfFire

32 bit Windows 7
 
 

It's very important to save your internet IP/Gateway/DNS addresses if they are manually configured. Check your internet connections tcp/ip settings and save them somewhere! This is not important if they are automatically get from a server.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 STOP: 0x0000007F




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD, usually when downloading – STOP 0x0000007f
Hi, all, I am getting sporadic BSODs which I think only (or at least mostly) happen when I'm downloading large files. My laptop has actually just been physically repaired – new lid, new base, new screen – and that didn't solve the problem, so I am guessing it's probably a driver issue. Hope...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD STOP: 0x0000007F
hi all About 1 month ago I purchased some new parts to assemble my pc , unfortunately I am having problems with random BSOD which I could not identify . please ask for your help with this situation , The blue screen show sometimes when I'm just listening music , when I turn off the PC, when I...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD; STOP: 0x0000007F -- HELP??
I'm lost....And I feel like the largest fool to be honest. I'm not one to tamper with registry files, but I've been having networking/ping complications in an online multiplayer game and I feel victim to something that I shouldn't have done. I'm going to do my ABSOLUTE BEST to highlight all the...
BSOD Help and Support
Win 7 64 Bit BSOD STOP: 0x0000007f
Hello, I'm running a Win 7 ultimate 64 Bit upgrade from XP 32 bit. I upgraded the hardware and associated bios/drivers etc before doing so, it all ran fine under XP. Hardware upgrades: Mobo P5B keep, bios to latest to support Q9650 PSU keep CPU E6400->Q9650 GPU 7800GT -> 9600GT Ram 3GB...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD; ntoskrnl.exe; STOP: 0x0000007f
Hi I'm running windows 7 64 bit and I'm having a BSOD constantly. (sometimes after 10 Minutes, sometimes after 10 hours) I have been getting these blue screens regularly since I built my PC. It happens while doing anything from running games to just idling. After some looking around I used...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App