Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: STOP: 0x0000007F

27 Jun 2011   #1
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 
STOP: 0x0000007F

While trying to update quicktime on my netbook, the window froze and would not let me shut down so I held down my power until my netbook would shut down. When I restarted my computer, I got the bsod along with the stop error 0x0000007F. So I think that it has to do with me shutting down during the update. I tried uninstalling the program but it wont let me do it in safe mode and restoring my computer to an earlier point doesnt work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running windows 7 starter and the netbook is about a year old. I didnt change the os.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Jun 2011   #2
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

Is there anyone that can help me out with this? please?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2011   #3
RhapsodyOfFire

32 bit Windows 7
 
 

We have the same Bsod issue 0x0000007F in one of our company computers. We tested all the hardware separated and no errors where found. So we concluded it happened after updating Windows 7. But the released update I think came around the middle of June. Don't know the specific update but it changes some system kernel files I guess.
I recommend going into safe mode and go here Start-Run- type msconfig press enter and go to start up and disable any programs you don't need especially quicktime and maybe go in services and disable quicktime too if it has processes there. Press ok and choose restart now.See are there any changes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jun 2011   #4
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Hello Spok,

Most of your dumpfiles point to standard drivers, mostly: monitor.sys

I would force standard drivers to be reset. Please see the following tutorial for sfc:

https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...e-checker.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2011   #5
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RhapsodyOfFire View Post
We have the same Bsod issue 0x0000007F in one of our company computers. We tested all the hardware separated and no errors where found. So we concluded it happened after updating Windows 7. But the released update I think came around the middle of June. Don't know the specific update but it changes some system kernel files I guess.
I recommend going into safe mode and go here Start-Run- type msconfig press enter and go to start up and disable any programs you don't need especially quicktime and maybe go in services and disable quicktime too if it has processes there. Press ok and choose restart now.See are there any changes
I did that before I posted this message. There were no changes. Except one thing, that just happened today when I turned on my computer. I looked for recovery points and it said that it could not find any. I had some the last time I tried to do it but now they have all disappeared.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2011   #6
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Hello Spok,

Most of your dumpfiles point to standard drivers, mostly: monitor.sys

I would force standard drivers to be reset. Please see the following tutorial for sfc:

https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...e-checker.html
Hi. Your link leads to the top of the forums. Would you mind providing another link please?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2011   #7
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Hello Spok,

Most of your dumpfiles point to standard drivers, mostly: monitor.sys

I would force standard drivers to be reset. Please see the following tutorial for sfc:

https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...e-checker.html
Hi. Your link leads to the top of the forums. Would you mind providing another link please?
Sorry about that:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2011   #8
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Hello Spok,

Most of your dumpfiles point to standard drivers, mostly: monitor.sys

I would force standard drivers to be reset. Please see the following tutorial for sfc:

https://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...e-checker.html
Hi. Your link leads to the top of the forums. Would you mind providing another link please?
Sorry about that:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Just finished. It says that Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. It also says that details are included in the cbs.log windr/logs/cbs/cbs.log. but im not sure what that means.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2011   #9
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spok22 View Post

Hi. Your link leads to the top of the forums. Would you mind providing another link please?
Sorry about that:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Just finished. It says that Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. It also says that details are included in the cbs.log windr/logs/cbs/cbs.log. but im not sure what that means.
Ok. That happens often and is ok. sometimes you need to run SFC scannow multiple times. It happens that it needs multiple "passes"to repair everything. Please try that.

If 2 more times does not solve the problem then use your windows explorer to go to C:\windows\logs\CBS and upload cbs.log in a post in this thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2011   #10
spok22

windows starter 32 bit
 
 

This is the cbs.log since the sfc scannow didnt work out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 STOP: 0x0000007F




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD, usually when downloading STOP 0x0000007f
Hi, all, I am getting sporadic BSODs which I think only (or at least mostly) happen when I'm downloading large files. My laptop has actually just been physically repaired new lid, new base, new screen and that didn't solve the problem, so I am guessing it's probably a driver issue. Hope...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD STOP: 0x0000007F
hi all About 1 month ago I purchased some new parts to assemble my pc , unfortunately I am having problems with random BSOD which I could not identify . please ask for your help with this situation , The blue screen show sometimes when I'm just listening music , when I turn off the PC, when I...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD; STOP: 0x0000007F -- HELP??
I'm lost....And I feel like the largest fool to be honest. I'm not one to tamper with registry files, but I've been having networking/ping complications in an online multiplayer game and I feel victim to something that I shouldn't have done. I'm going to do my ABSOLUTE BEST to highlight all the...
BSOD Help and Support
Win 7 64 Bit BSOD STOP: 0x0000007f
Hello, I'm running a Win 7 ultimate 64 Bit upgrade from XP 32 bit. I upgraded the hardware and associated bios/drivers etc before doing so, it all ran fine under XP. Hardware upgrades: Mobo P5B keep, bios to latest to support Q9650 PSU keep CPU E6400->Q9650 GPU 7800GT -> 9600GT Ram 3GB...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD; ntoskrnl.exe; STOP: 0x0000007f
Hi I'm running windows 7 64 bit and I'm having a BSOD constantly. (sometimes after 10 Minutes, sometimes after 10 hours) I have been getting these blue screens regularly since I built my PC. It happens while doing anything from running games to just idling. After some looking around I used...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App