Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ask updater Error

07 Jul 2011   #11
CanCon1991

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CanCon1991 View Post
Click on the chevron (down arrow) on the Option button on the toolbar
  1. Select "Uninstall" from the drop down menu
  2. Click "Yes" when asked "Are you sure you want to uninstall this product"
  3. Close all open web browsers
  4. Click "OK" on the popup window
Coudln't find where you meant Click on the chevron (down arrow) on the Option button on the toolbar, just assumed cause I couldn't find Ask didn't know what it was for.
It seems that you have ask fragments in ur system.
Did you tried with ccleaner?
Forgot to say when you said Start ccleaner,options,Startup,delete any ask entry. after I'vegone onto options there's no startup just where do I go from there?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Jul 2011   #12
CanCon1991

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

don't matter it was in tools my bad, but still no ask in the actual list of programmes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #13
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CanCon1991 View Post
don't matter it was in tools my bad, but still no ask in the actual list of programmes
Clean registry with ccleaner (backup registry before the cleaning)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jul 2011   #14
CanCon1991

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CanCon1991 View Post
don't matter it was in tools my bad, but still no ask in the actual list of programmes
Clean registry with ccleaner (backup registry before the cleaning)
Ok ive scanned for issues pressed fixed selected issues yes on back up and saved on documents shall I go ahead and press Fix all selected issues there is 380 odd if that's right.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #15
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CanCon1991 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CanCon1991 View Post
don't matter it was in tools my bad, but still no ask in the actual list of programmes
Clean registry with ccleaner (backup registry before the cleaning)
Ok ive scanned for issues pressed fixed selected issues yes on back up and saved on documents shall I go ahead and press Fix all selected issues there is 380 odd if that's right.
Press Fix all selected issues.
Finish,restart and post if the problem occurs again.
Good idea is to backup in any second hard disk,if you have one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #16
CanCon1991

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

I encountered something just before I was going to fix all selected issues. I don't know if I was being dazed but there was a little search on the tools > Uninstall section I typed in ask, it came up with Nero, but published by Ask.com, uninstalled restarted and I haven't any error, you have been a great help mind you, not sure if it was me being missing out something, just thought I was looking to uninstall the programme ask like I had seen on the website.

Thanks anyway been great help, would you recommend to keep ccleaner or is it not needed anymore?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #17
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CanCon1991 View Post
I encountered something just before I was going to fix all selected issues. I don't know if I was being dazed but there was a little search on the tools > Uninstall section I typed in ask, it came up with Nero, but published by Ask.com, uninstalled restarted and I haven't any error, you have been a great help mind you, not sure if it was me being missing out something, just thought I was looking to uninstall the programme ask like I had seen on the website.

Thanks anyway been great help, would you recommend to keep ccleaner or is it not needed anymore?
Good news! Im glad to help
(Remove ccleaner)
---------------------------
Something extra to keep ur pc clean...
Download,install,update,scan with SUPERAntiSpyware.com - Downloading File
Download,install,update,scan with Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer
Keep the programs,are free and do these scans every weak.
For antivirus use MSE http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx
This is Microsoft free antivirus and of curse compatible with win 7.
---------------------
Be careful when you install something free or paid,during the installation check well and untik any other extra software or toolbar.
For example view my attachment,i try to install adobe shockwave and with that i get the norton security scan,so first i untik the norton and then i press agree/continue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #18
CanCon1991

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Fantastic, thanks for help again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #19
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CanCon1991 View Post
Fantastic, thanks for help again
You are welcome!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ask updater Error




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
When Starting Windows 7 Boot Updater I get the APPCRASH Error
I have recently downgraded from Win8 down to Windows 7 Ultimate and have been using windows 7's enhancd customisation, however when i tryed to use 'Windows 7 Boot Updater' I got this error Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Win7BootUpdater(1).exe Application Version: ...
General Discussion
InstallerShield updater
My son (I have got him to join up) has a custom self made build he does a bit of gaming on and had this annoying error pop up on boot # -5 and it went into a larger screen etc on OK. We managed to disable it in misconfig now as it wasn't an OS app does it matter that it doesn't run because all...
Software
InstallIQ Updater
How do I uninstall InstallIQ updater on a Windows 7 Professional OS? I have attempted to uninstall the program using Programs and Features (both in safe and normal modes), however they have been unsuccessful. I also downloaded Malwarebytes but it did not find anything. Your help would be...
System Security
How get rid of the Google Updater?
Shows in the Processes list but not in Services. In Msconfig it is unselected and stopped. :mad: W7 x64. Thanks in advance.
Software
Windows ask updater Error
I was recently working on my computer doing some gaming and all of the sudden my computer started acting a little funny, not running a program correctly so i restarted my computer and when i got back to the desktop menu i got a pop-up saying Ask Updater has stopped working. Along with this error...
BSOD Help and Support
Updater issue??
Am getting a few update issues of late... http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/714/updateosissue.jpg Problem rectifies itself eventually Am searching for reason as to why?? NB, When away from my pc for a while it seems to go into a sleep like state
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App