Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Unable to shutdown or restart w/o BSOD

12 Nov 2011   #1
enrell

Windows 7 Home 64bit
 
 
Unable to shutdown or restart w/o BSOD

just happened today

everytime i wanted to restart, it came up with this BSOD

SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

ran memtest for 7 passes with no error

seems like all my recent bsods are memory related. i dont have any spare rams to try.

any help much appreciated. im getting tired with all the recent bsods.

thanks !!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Nov 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by enrell View Post
just happened today

everytime i wanted to restart, it came up with this BSOD

SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

ran memtest for 7 passes with no error

seems like all my recent bsods are memory related. i dont have any spare rams to try.

any help much appreciated. im getting tired with all the recent bsods.

thanks !!

Do you realize you have driver verifier running?

It may in itself be the cause.




Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #3
enrell

Windows 7 Home 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by enrell View Post
just happened today

everytime i wanted to restart, it came up with this BSOD

SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

ran memtest for 7 passes with no error

seems like all my recent bsods are memory related. i dont have any spare rams to try.

any help much appreciated. im getting tired with all the recent bsods.

thanks !!

Do you realize you have driver verifier running?

It may in itself be the cause.




Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers
it wasnt on
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Nov 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by enrell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by enrell View Post
just happened today

everytime i wanted to restart, it came up with this BSOD

SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

ran memtest for 7 passes with no error

seems like all my recent bsods are memory related. i dont have any spare rams to try.

any help much appreciated. im getting tired with all the recent bsods.

thanks !!
Even the newest one was. See snip.


Do you realize you have driver verifier running?

It may in itself be the cause.




Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers
it wasnt on
Even the newest one was. See snip
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #5
enrell

Windows 7 Home 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by enrell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Even the newest one was. See snip.


Do you realize you have driver verifier running?

It may in itself be the cause.




Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers
it wasnt on
Even the newest one was. See snip
yeah..lol..when i was debugging it, i saw the probable cause..but i remembered deleting the settings..anyway i stopped the verifier via cmd

btw what about the gdrv.sys file?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by enrell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by enrell View Post

it wasnt on
Even the newest one was. See snip
yeah..lol..when i was debugging it, i saw the probable cause..but i remembered deleting the settings..anyway i stopped the verifier via cmd

btw what about the gdrv.sys file?
Related to gdrv.sys Microsoft Register Server.

I would run a sfc just to check the OS

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

It may need to be run up to three times before sucessful

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Unable to shutdown or restart w/o BSOD




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD shutdown then restart
64 Bit Original Full retail 2 years 2 months
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD only at restart/shutdown
Windows 7: x64 home Original installed OS is on the system OEM installed Hardware is about year and half old (new video card about 1 month old) OS installation is year and half old, I have not reinstalled OS I only get BSOD when I click restart or shutdown. It happens rather immediately...
BSOD Help and Support
Bsod on shutdown/restart
Windows 7 x64 retail ultimate edition, brand new install on newly built system. Have tried updating chipset, network, audio drivers but have not tried BIOS yet. System seems stable just blue screen on shutdown/restart. *My partner says it BSOD earlier today while she was watching HD footage...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on shutdown/restart
I have been having this problem for a few days and thought someone on this forum could help me out.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD when shutdown/restart
I keep getting a Blue Screen of Death whenever I shut down or restart Windows 7. It says a crucial thread has been deleted or something like that :mad: "STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA80069657A0, OxFFFFFA8006965A80, 0xFFFFF80002FDF540)" is the message This is really bad so...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App