Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: nvlddmkm.sys

21 Nov 2011   #1
ziggu

windows 7 64 bit
 
 
nvlddmkm.sys

Hello

This random BSOD? mostly when i start up comes probably from the nvidia card.
Although it is the latest update..
Can anybody help me please?

i cant get the perfmon /report probably because i am in safe mode

Grtz


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Nov 2011   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ziggu View Post
Hello

This random BSOD? mostly when i start up comes probably from the nvidia card.
Although it is the latest update..
Can anybody help me please?

i cant get the perfmon /report probably because i am in safe mode

Grtz






No DMP files included in upload please try this method


We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
Quote:
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.





My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2011   #3
ziggu

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Thank you for the help Zigzag.
All what you suggest i already did!
I thought ther was an attachement with the rar file?
I give it another try but the perfmon /report wont work here!
I am in sava mode with networking

Grtz
Ziggu

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Nov 2011   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ziggu View Post
Thank you for the help Zigzag.
All what you suggest i already did!
I thought ther was an attachement with the rar file?
I give it another try but the perfmon /report wont work here!
I am in sava mode with networking

Grtz
Ziggu


Still no DMP files included in upload. Please dont use the data collection app. Instead use the instruction in my previous post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2011   #5
ziggu

windows 7 64 bit
 
 
re zigzag

Hey Zigzag

I have roll back to vga windows.
I could find the problem here in precedent posts and on google.
It is definitly a Nvidia problem.
I already removed all the drivers and reinstalled latest updates but no use..

I did exactly what you proposed to do but i cant do anything more than download and run rhe bsod apllication from your site and zip it
I will give it a last try and than i will send a message to Nvidia...
I dont understand that after all these years of investigations Nvidia still makes such a mistakes! As i noticed on the web i am not the only one with the problem..
i even removed the drivers with driver cleaner and reinstalled thje latest updates but ... unfort...
thanks anyway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2011   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ziggu View Post
Hey Zigzag

I have roll back to vga windows.
I could find the problem here in precedent posts and on google.
It is definitly a Nvidia problem.
I already removed all the drivers and reinstalled latest updates but no use..

I did exactly what you proposed to do but i cant do anything more than download and run rhe bsod apllication from your site and zip it
I will give it a last try and than i will send a message to Nvidia...
I dont understand that after all these years of investigations Nvidia still makes such a mistakes! As i noticed on the web i am not the only one with the problem..
i even removed the drivers with driver cleaner and reinstalled thje latest updates but ... unfort...
thanks anyway
In my previous post I asked you not to use the data collection app. It appears you did again.

There are still no DMP files included in the upload.

Have you gone into c:\windows\minidump? are there any dmp files there?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2011   #7
ziggu

windows 7 64 bit
 
 
re

Hey Zigzag

The folder is empty in c windows minidump win 64bit?
I will try to download a stable version of the driver ( older)
I did exactly what you described!
I came here before on the forum and than it worked...

Thanks

( there is an attachement as i can see)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2011   #8
ziggu

windows 7 64 bit
 
 
re

I removed the drivers Nvidia Geforce 210 gt with driver sweeper
I installed the beta version and left the normal update.
It seems as it is solved!

tx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 nvlddmkm.sys




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
nvlddmkm.sys
Display driver has stopped working, and has recovered. *But gaming progress is lost_. Some new info I have figured out is the nvlddmkm.sys in (C:\Windows\System32\drivers) could be bad, the original found in (C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\***.***\Display.Driver) can be used in it's stead, same holds...
Drivers
nvlddmkm.sys
First i want to start of and say im new here so hello! I turned on my pc sunday morning everything is fine midway thru the day it locked up. Ok restarted left it alone then it turned off on me. The next day i got 2 blue screen of deaths. I ran a program called who crashed it pointed to the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD nvlddmkm.sys
My pc gives me BSOD with many reasons , and all problems are caused by nvlddmkm.sys file. I have been given page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed(this is most often).What can i do to solve the problem??
BSOD Help and Support
nvlddmkm
i have tried uninstalling audio and gfx drivers i formatted and used driver cleaner pro. i have 9600 gso 512 256 bit gfx 4 gb kit vista upgrade hp Compaq dc5750 microtower. i don't know what else to do i had this problem before and i thought i fixed it but no dice. i already updated to the latest...
Graphic Cards
nvlddmkm ;/
well i have a problem computer works fine when in windows but when i start playing it it freezes and screen goes nuts with grahpic.. and than i have to restart pc :/ in any game...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App