Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Constant BODs due to usb driver

24 Dec 2011   #31
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cydoniax View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi cydoniax, A new install may help if it is a software fault ,But if it is a hardware fault the problem will still remain . You have nothing to lose by performing a new install so give it a go girl report back to us
I'll try it today or tomorrow if the computer can remain on long enough to do it which is my worry (I'm afraid it'll shut down in the middle of the install).

Santa needs to bring me a new computer!
A few possibilities that have not been checked. Could try fixing any BIOS-related problems:
Note: backup any files if you are using a RAID controller of any kind.
1. Go into your BIOS and load default settings to clear the CMOS memory (this will reset your RAID configuration resulting in loss of data, so if you have RAID and want to proceed from step 3, that is fine).
2. Save Settings and exit the BIOS.
3. Shut down and turn off the computer.
4. Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector then remove the battery.
5. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to clear the software connections between the BIOS and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
6. Plug the battery back into the laptop and then plug the computer back into the wall.
7. Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware, and post back your results.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Dec 2011   #32
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2011   #33
cydoniax

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Thanks.

Tried it, failed at it. Followed the instructions, downloaded Take Ownership, still can't delete the infcache.1 file. Also I had no faded drivers listed. Not my week.

The problem with BSODS doesn't occur when something gets plugged in, I usually have nothing attached to my USB ports. It just reboots whenever it feels like it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Dec 2011   #34
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Does it always reboot with a blue screen?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2011   #35
cydoniax

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Does it always reboot with a blue screen?
Yes, always. Blue Screen comes on for a few seconds and then it reboots.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2011   #36
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

I don't think this is related, but you are getting a lot of error messages related to the Bonjour Service. Follow the steps given by Apple for removing iTunes and its software Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7 and then you can re-install iTunes.

Recommend SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to see if it resolves the USB issue. You may have to run it up to three times to fix errors. Post back after running it three times if it does find errors, or once if it comes back with no integrity violtations.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2011   #37
cydoniax

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
I don't think this is related, but you are getting a lot of error messages related to the Bonjour Service. Follow the steps given by Apple for removing iTunes and its software Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7 and then you can re-install iTunes.

Recommend SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to see if it resolves the USB issue. You may have to run it up to three times to fix errors. Post back after running it three times if it does find errors, or once if it comes back with no integrity violtations.
I have uninstalled iTunes according to the directions and reinstalled.

I also ran scannow and it reported that "no integrity violations" were found and therefore didn't generate a report (I searched for a sfcdetails.txt file but it was not found)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2011   #38
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cydoniax View Post
I have uninstalled iTunes according to the directions and reinstalled.

I also ran scannow and it reported that "no integrity violations" were found and therefore didn't generate a report (I searched for a sfcdetails.txt file but it was not found)
Sounds good. Let us know if you need further help. I'm currently out of ideas, but I'll try to think of some more in the meantime.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2011   #39
cydoniax

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
A few possibilities that have not been checked. Could try fixing any BIOS-related problems:
Note: backup any files if you are using a RAID controller of any kind.
1. Go into your BIOS and load default settings to clear the CMOS memory (this will reset your RAID configuration resulting in loss of data, so if you have RAID and want to proceed from step 3, that is fine).
2. Save Settings and exit the BIOS.
3. Shut down and turn off the computer.
4. Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector then remove the battery.
5. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to clear the software connections between the BIOS and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
6. Plug the battery back into the laptop and then plug the computer back into the wall.
7. Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware, and post back your results.
I just did this as well from step 3 on. Sorry, I have no idea if I have a RAID controller and I didn't want to risk losing everything.

I will you let you know if I have any more blue screens.

Thanks to everyone for their help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2011   #40
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cydoniax View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
A few possibilities that have not been checked. Could try fixing any BIOS-related problems:
Note: backup any files if you are using a RAID controller of any kind.
1. Go into your BIOS and load default settings to clear the CMOS memory (this will reset your RAID configuration resulting in loss of data, so if you have RAID and want to proceed from step 3, that is fine).
2. Save Settings and exit the BIOS.
3. Shut down and turn off the computer.
4. Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector then remove the battery.
5. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to clear the software connections between the BIOS and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
6. Plug the battery back into the laptop and then plug the computer back into the wall.
7. Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware, and post back your results.
I just did this as well from step 3 on. Sorry, I have no idea if I have a RAID controller and I didn't want to risk losing everything.

I will you let you know if I have any more blue screens.

Thanks to everyone for their help!
RAID controllers are for multiple hard drives in one machine, so if it is a laptop, it is probably safe. You would also know if you had a RAID configuration as you would have had to set it up or specially order it to arrive set up for you.

Edit:
If you want to know for sure:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Right Click My Computer/Computer
3. Click Manage
4. Click Device Manager from the left pane
5. Expand the Disk Drives
6. Check to see if any RAID manufacturers or VIRTUAL DISK SCSI Disk Device are shown as these would indicate RAID controlled drives (typically, the hard drive manufacturer is shown such as Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba, etc. if it is not RAID)

If you need help determining if it is a RAID drive, just ask in this thread and one of us will either know or be able to find the answer for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Constant BODs due to usb driver




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Constant deadlocks, ran driver verifier, not sure how to proceed.
Hey, as the title says... I get deadlocks with just google chrome on so i decided to use the driver verifier.. Upon running driver verifier, i get a hidclass.sys bsod. What do i need to do from here on? Thanks!
Drivers
Constant Crashing due to display driver failing
Hi all just arrived home from a trip to find that my computer is not working, constant crashing apparently caused by a failure of the display driver, after doing some research i think that some of my hardware has become faulty, the crashing is constant so i cannot really troubleshoot anything. is...
Drivers
Multiple BODs after hours of use, code 43 and 45
First let me begin with the fact that Iím not that great with troubleshooting computers, so I appreciate your patience. My laptop has been getting the BOD several times a day and reboots itself. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now. It first started with a notification that the USB...
BSOD Help and Support
BODs have been happening for well over a year.
I'm finally just getting a bit annoyed at all these:mad:, None are dumping as of late so all i got for you are these. I have Windows 7 64 home premium. Upgraded via the free upgrade program from Vista 64 home premium. this is the on that may give the most info Can someone please help me at...
BSOD Help and Support
Constant ATI Graphics Driver Crash
Hey guys, I've done a lot of helping out in the past and now I am the one in need of help. I recently got an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-210F with the AMD PhenomII X4 945, 8GB Ram, and an ATI HD5450. I just took it out of the box today and ever since I've started it up for the first time, at...
BSOD Help and Support
Constant BSOD, no virus, most likely driver, or hardware. Need help.
Hello Seven Forums. I have been having many problems with my custom built desktop regarding Blue Screen of Deaths. I have been on these forums before with this problem but I was unable to resolve the problem. The problem is, my computer tends to BSOD when I either start up or shut down but also...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App