Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Explorer.exe taking up 15-30% CPU usage when moving mou

16 Sep 2009   #71
kevindd992002

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

Why do you consider it pirated when I'm on trial?

I'm not using any activator, hmmmm.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Sep 2009   #72
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Yes... and it can also be the version that you are using and where you got it from .. no telling what kind of gifts have been left in it .... have fun, I hope you dont get an ulcer over your problem...


10-7 jump
Ah. But how do you explain the MD5 hash checks being the same?
Hey

two things

first can you run msinfo32 in search and tell us exactly what string is in HAL?

Are you overclocking?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #73
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Where did you get your current copy from??
I got it from NewsGroups, I think. And the security checks of the ISO match perfectly, I'm pretty much sure about that.
Thats what says its pirated .... end of discussion ..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Sep 2009   #74
kevindd992002

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Yes... and it can also be the version that you are using and where you got it from .. no telling what kind of gifts have been left in it .... have fun, I hope you dont get an ulcer over your problem...


10-7 jump
Ah. But how do you explain the MD5 hash checks being the same?
Hey

two things

first can you run msinfo32 in search and tell us exactly what string is in HAL?

Are you overclocking?

Ken
Version = "6.1.7600.16385" is what's indicated in HAL.

And no I'm not overclocking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #75
kevindd992002

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Where did you get your current copy from??
I got it from NewsGroups, I think. And the security checks of the ISO match perfectly, I'm pretty much sure about that.
Thats what says its pirated .... end of discussion ..
Ok, if you believe that, so be it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #76
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Kevin

I believe you when you say you have a legit copy, and that you have a problem, but we have gone thru 76 posts and not made any progress. We have seen any problem known to man (i, myself have posted 4000 times) and I just wonder what it is that makes this un-fixable.

Either we need more info or need to take a different course.

the usual suspects in freezes will show a telltale error in event viewer (type eventvwr in search) goto the windows log file and look for errors with red "x" in the left column. Us the built in snipping tool to make a screenshot of them and upload it to us

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #77
kevindd992002

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Kevin

I believe you when you say you have a legit copy, and that you have a problem, but we have gone thru 76 posts and not made any progress. We have seen any problem known to man (i, myself have posted 4000 times) and I just wonder what it is that makes this un-fixable.

Either we need more info or need to take a different course.

the usual suspects in freezes will show a telltale error in event viewer (type eventvwr in search) goto the windows log file and look for errors with red "x" in the left column. Us the built in snipping tool to make a screenshot of them and upload it to us

Ken
Thank you, it's just that I want to know which process is causing the high cpu usage of explorer.exe that's why I'm insisting on continuing this :)

I'm in Windows logs right now, should I go to Applications subtab? I see some red "!" but not "x". Are those the one you're looking for?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #78
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

they look like stop signs in the far left column and in the second or third column it will say error
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #79
Antman

 

Your build is pirated. Period. It was not provided to you by MS. One more comment from you in argument of this fact will likely terminate all assistance from knowledgeable members.

Except Ken.

Drivers currently available to you have not addressed the anomoly. Why do you think drivers get updated?

Your touchpad is a USB device.

This case is closed for me.

10-7

HID\Vid_06CB&Pid_0001.DeviceDesc = "Synaptics USB TouchPad"
HID\Vid_06CB&Pid_0002.DeviceDesc = "Synaptics Integrated USB TouchPad"
HID\Vid_06CB&Pid_0003.DeviceDesc = "Synaptics cPad"
HID\Vid_06CB&Pid_0006.DeviceDesc = "Synaptics TouchScreen"
HID\Vid_06CB&Pid_0007.DeviceDesc = "Synaptics USB Styk"
HID\Vid_06CB&Pid_0008.DeviceDesc = "Synaptics USB WheelPad"
HID\Vid_06CB&Pid_0009&MI_00.DeviceDesc = "Synaptics Composite USB TouchPad"
HID\Vid_06CB&Pid_0009&MI_01.DeviceDesc = "Synaptics Composite USB TouchStyk"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #80
kevindd992002

Windows 7 Ultimate x6
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
they look like stop signs in the far left column and in the second or third column it will say error
Here is the snapshot:

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Explorer.exe taking up 15-30% CPU usage when moving mou




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Firefox taking a lot of CPU Usage + Adobe Flash constantly crashing
hey everyone! i've been having this issue for a while now and well Firefox simply uses A LOT of CPU usage :cry: and my Adobe Flash keeps constantly crashing so often this had never happened before Things i've tried --------------- Used CCleaner to clean out everything on my browsers...
Browsers & Mail
Checking For Updates, taking forever w/ svchost.exe, high memory usage
I'm currently seeking help regarding the checking of updates on my computer. Checking for updates is already taking hours. It's been over a year since I have updated my computer. I decided to update it today as to make good use of the free time from work and to get the Windows 10 Upgrade...
Windows Updates & Activation
Moving country & taking PC with me in parts-would like opinion
I'm moving overseas and to make a long story short if I take my PC as is I will need an extra box, making this my 4th piece of luggage means an additional $300. It occurred to me however, that if I take it apart, and leave the box/case here then I could put all within my box. What do you guys think...
Hardware & Devices
CPU usage jumps to 50% when moving cursor around.
Good day everyone, I would just like to mention that this beautiful machine of mine is 5-6 years old, so I'd understand if it's beyond repair, but I'd like to see if this problem could be fixed anyway. For quite a while now, I've been experiencing some frame rate lag, whoever, it only lags...
Performance & Maintenance
CPU usage from 1 to 30% when moving the cursor
Hello all today I was bored so I randomly opened taskmanager and went to the performance-tab. My CPU usage was 30% in taskmanager when moving around my mouse cursor randomly (not opening anything, clicking anything etc). Then I had to do something downstairs, so went downstrairs with the...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36.
Twitter Facebook Google+