Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD system service exception

25 Dec 2012   #1
sachi89

windows 7 home premium x64
 
 
BSOD system service exception

I had a BSOD and the system is super slow now.I'm attaching the minidump files here...
This is what i got from who crashed ur system...Thanx for the quick help.....
On Tue 12/25/2012 10:56:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122512-21481-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80003213B05, 0xFFFFF8800BDF8B50, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Dec 2012   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Hello Sachi ... the latest dump you have uploaded is of 20/10/2012 ... and that is a driver power state failure. Analyzing that dump may not help you properly, still ....

Get rid of intel rapid storage.
  1. Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
  2. It will open the "computer management" window.
  3. Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
  4. Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
  5. Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
  6. Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
  7. Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.
Do some USB maintenance. For the port, first, uninstall and reinstall the USB ports drivers.

  1. Right click on Computer icon > manage. It will open the computer management window.
  2. Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane, it will list all installed devices up.
  3. Expand "USB Serial Bus Controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
  4. Click on one item to select, then right click and uninstall.
  5. Do the same for all.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate drivers.
And, Disable USB Selective Suspense too.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

For the devices, first, detach all the USB devices other than the keyboard and mouse.
Then, Update the drivers for them all, including the keyboard and mouse, if any third party drivers are installed for them.

Update intel graphics driver from Intel Download Center.

Uninstall Avast using Avast Uninstall Utility. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download and install those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.
__________________________________________________________________
For the recent crashes, follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2012   #3
sachi89

windows 7 home premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hello Sachi ... the latest dump you have uploaded is of 20/10/2012 ... and that is a driver power state failure. Analyzing that dump may not help you properly, still ....

Get rid of intel rapid storage.
  1. Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
  2. It will open the "computer management" window.
  3. Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
  4. Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
  5. Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
  6. Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
  7. Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.
Do some USB maintenance. For the port, first, uninstall and reinstall the USB ports drivers.

  1. Right click on Computer icon > manage. It will open the computer management window.
  2. Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane, it will list all installed devices up.
  3. Expand "USB Serial Bus Controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
  4. Click on one item to select, then right click and uninstall.
  5. Do the same for all.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate drivers.
And, Disable USB Selective Suspense too.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

For the devices, first, detach all the USB devices other than the keyboard and mouse.
Then, Update the drivers for them all, including the keyboard and mouse, if any third party drivers are installed for them.

Update intel graphics driver from Intel Download Center.

Uninstall Avast using Avast Uninstall Utility. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download and install those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.
__________________________________________________________________
For the recent crashes, follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Thanks for the quick rep :) I jus now saw it...I have enabled minidumps but this time there is no minidumps created...I did as you said n for now it works fine...Thnx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Dec 2012   #4
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Give it a more time, wait and observe .... say for at least a few days .... then let us know if there is everything OK or not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2012   #5
sachi89

windows 7 home premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Give it a more time, wait and observe .... say for at least a few days .... then let us know if there is everything OK or not.
Sure...Will post here if the prob pops up..Thnx man!!!gr8ful 2 seven forum :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #6
sachi89

windows 7 home premium x64
 
 

can i uninstall intel rapid storage???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #7
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sachi89 View Post
can i uninstall intel rapid storage???
Yes, you can, if it is listed in your programs list in uninstall programs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #8
sachi89

windows 7 home premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sachi89 View Post
can i uninstall intel rapid storage???
Yes, you can, if it is listed in your programs list in uninstall programs.
yes its listed n uninstalled it.Thnx now its working fine...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #9
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Let us know if there is any further issue. :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD system service exception




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD from System Service Exception and KMode Exception Not Handled
For a long time now i have been getting BSOD's, pretty much all of the time from System Service Exception and KMode Exception Not Handled. Sometimes the PC never gets to the BSOD and just freezes up and restarts. This happens at any time whether im doing nothing or on the internet, sometimes it...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD - Kmode exception and System Service exception
Hi Guys, I'm a composer working on a deadline and have started to experience quite intermittent BSOD's. It appears to happen at higher system loads. I'm reasonably experienced in building custom machines (this is my third on), and so far have never experienced issues with them. This current...
BSOD Help and Support
Bsod's system service exception.
Hi, I keep on getting this error all the time. I tried running your SF Diagnostic tool in Safe mode because I cant get to windows without getting this error. If I am lucky sometimes it loads to Windows but for 10 mins or so and I get this error. Even when I restore to Factory I get this error...
BSOD Help and Support
System Service Exception BSOD
Hello everyone!! I'm back yet again with another BSOD problem. I'm uploading all of my recent BSOD dump files. Please take a look and help me sort out this issue! The most recent BSOD was titled System Service Exception.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD System Service Exception
It showed up today when i want to play The Sims 3. It wasn't like this last week when i play the game. I have upgrade my graphics card driver and it doesn't seem to be the problem. I have attached the mini dump. I really appreciate your help.
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:53.
Twitter Facebook Google+