Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD at Random on Stone desktops using Windows 7

05 Feb 2013   #1
MobileTech90

Windows 7
 
 
BSOD at Random on Stone desktops using Windows 7

I have a suite with 30 Stone desktops (System-211) they use an Intel board with onboard graphics, since i arrived at my present base there have been little niggles with these machines anyway in that if the monitor isn't switched on first the machine wont always output to the monitor (regardless what driver is used, or monitor or order of primary devide in the BIOS).

Recently i upgraded from XP which apart from the above worked fine (please note i have been advised by stone these machines are Windows 7 capable and they have a Vista sticker on the front).
Since this time they often BSOD, taking record this is often when IE is being used e.g. Mathletics and more recently when an installed programs is used called 2Simple 2Create a superstory the only thing i think that they both have in common is they use Shockwave player.

I've attached the most recent BSOD Dump file if anyone can help me to get to the bottom of this, i'd rather not have to replace all these machines.

Just for reference warranty has expired on the machines.

I've attached the .ZIP that the SF Diagnositc tool made, cant seem to attach the full one but i'll keep a copy just encase.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Feb 2013   #2
Dsprague

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit ,Windows 8 64bit
 
 

Its your Intel graphics driver:

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {85729510, 93c30f20, 0, d}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd32.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd32.sys ( igdkmd32+11f20 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
you can update the drivers here: Intel Download Center
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2013   #3
PHPDev

64 Bit Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MobileTech90 View Post
I have a suite with 30 Stone desktops (System-211) they use an Intel board with onboard graphics, since i arrived at my present base there have been little niggles with these machines anyway in that if the monitor isn't switched on first the machine wont always output to the monitor (regardless what driver is used, or monitor or order of primary devide in the BIOS).

Recently i upgraded from XP which apart from the above worked fine (please note i have been advised by stone these machines are Windows 7 capable and they have a Vista sticker on the front).
Since this time they often BSOD, taking record this is often when IE is being used e.g. Mathletics and more recently when an installed programs is used called 2Simple 2Create a superstory the only thing i think that they both have in common is they use Shockwave player.

I've attached the most recent BSOD Dump file if anyone can help me to get to the bottom of this, i'd rather not have to replace all these machines.

Just for reference warranty has expired on the machines.

I've attached the .ZIP that the SF Diagnositc tool made, cant seem to attach the full one but i'll keep a copy just encase.
The driver causing the issue is "igdkmd32.sys" - this is a video display driver for your on-board video.

Your BSOD is caused by your igdkmd32.sys driver corrupting the memory. The driver (your intel garaphics driver) needs to be re-installed. It may not be the driver, it could also be the video chipset, or heat but since the driver is easiest to change start there.

How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Feb 2013   #4
MobileTech90

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dsprague View Post
Its your Intel graphics driver:

Code:
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************
 
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
 
BugCheck 116, {85729510, 93c30f20, 0, d}
 
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd32.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd32.sys ( igdkmd32+11f20 )
 
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
you can update the drivers here: Intel Download Center
I thought it may of been that with the errors that come up while it crash's and BSOD, unfortunately i am using the latest Windows 7 driver (8.15.10.1930) which is still causing the fault.
I've checked both Intel and Stone and neither have a newer version than 2009.

Any other suggestions?, my only othe real option i can think of is to either roll back to XP but with there ending support is not really viable or i buy 30 low profiles cheap graphics cards.

Many thanks for confirming my suspision though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2013   #5
Dsprague

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit ,Windows 8 64bit
 
 

you could try uninstalling and and then reinstalling. Follow this tutorial after uninstalling to insure that the drivers are completely gone before reinstalling:

Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2013   #6
MobileTech90

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dsprague View Post
you could try uninstalling and and then reinstalling. Follow this tutorial after uninstalling to insure that the drivers are completely gone before reinstalling:

Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Already done, also tried re-imaging the machines through WDS with no drivers and then installing them and imaging through WDS with the drivers already added to the pre-sysprep image, both causing BSOD still.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2013   #7
Dsprague

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit ,Windows 8 64bit
 
 

Then I hate to say It but it sounds Like you may be dealing with faulty hardware, if changing the bios and driver updates even re-imaging the system doesnt clear up the problem it is likely that the hard ware is either incompatable with the OS or faulty
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Feb 2013   #8
MobileTech90

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dsprague View Post
Then I hate to say It but it sounds Like you may be dealing with faulty hardware, if changing the bios and driver updates even re-imaging the system doesnt clear up the problem it is likely that the hard ware is either incompatable with the OS or faulty
As i thought, appreciate the second opinion though. I will ring STONE just to make sure there isn't a newer BIOS but i doubt it, i will just buy the cheapest low profile graphics card i can find it not.

Andy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Feb 2013   #9
Dsprague

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit ,Windows 8 64bit
 
 

I do hope things turn out well for youI always hate it when hardware fails.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD at Random on Stone desktops using Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Unable to create multiple desktops with desktops 2.0
I am trying to follow the instructions here: Unlock Virtual Desktops on Windows 7 or 8 With This Microsoft Tool to create multiple desktops but it is not actually creating multiple desktops! It "acts" as it is creating desktops but it really is not. The link also says what you change on one...
General Discussion
Rosetta Stone Version 2 won't run
I own Rosetta Stone version 2 software and still have the original disks (2 disks, one to install, one to run). When I first bought it years ago I was able to install and run it just fine on XP and later, Vista. Now I'm trying to use it on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. I installed it...
Software
Need: Virtual desktops on monitor 1, previews of desktops on monitor 2
Hello, Program recommendation thread. I need 4 virtual desktops; I have 1 monitor at 1080p, and 1 monitor at 720p. I would like the 1080p monitor to display the active virtual desktop, while the 720p monitor consistently maintains a "preview grid" of all the desktops available. As of right...
Software
Rosetta Stone advice
Spring greetings all! So here is my situation, I want to use the Rosetta Stone language learning software soon, but my old desktop mic died on me. I could replace it, but, I'm planning on buying a Bluetooth headset to pair up with my Nokia Lumia 900 running Windows Phone 7 when it comes out...
Software
Windows 8 Nothing Is Set in Stone
more
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App