Windows 7 BSOD Errors '0x0000003b' and '0x00000050'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 14
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #1

    Windows 7 BSOD Errors '0x0000003b' and '0x00000050'.


    Hello

    I've recently had a few alarming issues with my PC, the most recent ones relating to BSODs. The first BSOD was an error '0x0000003b'. According to Bluescreenview, it had something to do with my Nvidia drivers. This happened when I was running ModernWarfare 2 in the background, Skype, Google and VLC media player. This was about 2 or 3 days ago. I once again had a BSOD today. This time, it was an error '0x00000050' and had something to do with Direct X. It happened shortly after I exited Modern Warfare 2 and had Skype, Google chrome and VLC media player running. I have not tried any heavy games like BF4 or Watch Dogs recently, but they played fine a few weeks ago.
    Some extra details: Very recently, a little over a week ago, I had changed a BIOS setting (disabled legacy booting) after which my PC did not turn on. It gave 3 beeps. I had removed one stick of RAM and my Graphics card, and flashed the BIOS, after which it ran fine. I decided to re-install Windows. I had lost my Windows 8 disk, so used Windows 7 instead. This fairly new installation of Windows 7 seems to be causing a problem. Also, I tried doing a Memory Diagnosis of Windows. I do not believe it found any errors. Another interesting note is that several games have crashed on my old installation of Windows 8 due to my Graphics driver not responding or some Direct X error, but it never caused any BSODs.

    My specs: Intel DH61WW, 8Gb of Ram (2 sticks of 4gb Corsair memory), GTX 550Ti 1gb Inno 3D, Intel i5 2300, Antec 550W PSU.
      My Computer


  2. Arc
    Posts : 35,373
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
       #2

    Hi Abul Rahman Ema.

    You have two crash dumps in the uploaded zip and none of them has anything with nvidia driver.

    Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.
    Code:
    Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
    Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
    Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
    Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

    Report us back about any further BSOD after installing Service Pack 1.
    ________________________________________
    Code:
    BugCheck 50, {fffff900c225bcf0, 0, fffff9600032c69d, 0}
    
    
    Could not read faulting driver name
    Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SFMLOGICALSURFACE::OwnsSurfaceCleanup+2d )
    
    Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------
    Code:
    BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff960001a4283, fffff88005a6c020, 0}
    
    Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!HmgLockEx+a3 )
    
    Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 14
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Arc said:
    Hi Abul Rahman Ema.

    You have two crash dumps in the uploaded zip and none of them has anything with nvidia driver.

    Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.
    Code:
    Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
    Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
    Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
    Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

    Report us back about any further BSOD after installing Service Pack 1.
    ________________________________________
    Code:
    BugCheck 50, {fffff900c225bcf0, 0, fffff9600032c69d, 0}
    
    
    Could not read faulting driver name
    Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SFMLOGICALSURFACE::OwnsSurfaceCleanup+2d )
    
    Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------
    Code:
    BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff960001a4283, fffff88005a6c020, 0}
    
    Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!HmgLockEx+a3 )
    
    Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------
    Thanks for the response; will do!
    Also, I re-installed my Graphics driver after completely removing it and updated Direct X. Hopefully things go good.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 14
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Update: I have now installed SP1. I will report any further BSODs.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 14
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Well, no BSODs so far, but games are constantly freezing after a few minutes of play.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 14
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Another update, looks like I may have found a problem (maybe THE problem?), it seems like my CPU temperatures are off the charts!
    Under a little bit of load, it goes as high as 84c. Above 60 on idle and it doesn't shy away from 70. This is a big problem....
      My Computer


  7. Arc
    Posts : 35,373
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
       #7

    Abul Rahman Ema said:
    Under a little bit of load, it goes as high as 84c. Above 60 on idle and it doesn't shy away from 70. This is a big problem....
    Let us see? Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.
    Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

    Yes, that is a big problem, but there are solutions.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 14
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Arc said:
    Abul Rahman Ema said:
    Under a little bit of load, it goes as high as 84c. Above 60 on idle and it doesn't shy away from 70. This is a big problem....
    Let us see? Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.
    Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

    Yes, that is a big problem, but there are solutions.


    Here you are. I suppose the first thing I should do is clean any dust in the heatsink and something that may block ventilation in the PC?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 14
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Update: Well, although it was not done professionally, I cleaned quite a bit of dirt and dust from the PC. It's definitely a lot cleaner now, but it doesn't have seem to have made a major difference. 50*c at the start up. After 30 minutes of browsing, using a few programs like Skype, Chrome etc it goes upto 64-70.
    I also noticed one of my Fans is not working. This could be the cause.
      My Computer


  10. Arc
    Posts : 35,373
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
       #10

    Dismantle the computer. Clean the entire inside very carefully. Clean all the air vents and fan grills so that it can blow the hot air out efficiently. Make it sure that all the fans are working properly. If not, replace them.

    While re-seating the system, apply new thermal paste to the CPU.



    Do it as early as possible; because that heat can damage the other parts.

    Let us know whether it causes a change there or not.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:05.
Find Us