Computer BSOD'ing randomly with error code 100007e

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 16
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
       #1

    Computer BSOD'ing randomly with error code 100007e


    Hey!

    So I have been having a problem with my computer lately with BSOD's.

    When they first started happening, I didn't know what to do. So I replaced the power supply and the drive that windows was on to a SSD and bought a new version of windows.

    Now, after all that is replaced, I'm still getting BSOD's. I read around on this forum that its likely a RAM problem, so I downloaded Memtest and tested all my RAM. I got an error. So it's gotta be my RAM.

    I have Tested the DIMM slots individually with a (what I believe is) good stick of RAM for 3 passes and passed.
    Then I tested the second stick for 3 passes and it passed.

    However, yesterday, while playing PAYDAY 2, It again crashed while only the two sticks of RAM I tested was in the computer.

    So, before I continue testing RAM, I wanted to consult with people who can actually understand the .dmp files.

    Also: I have updated video drivers and updated my BIOS to 5.04.
    Last edited by FOXPATH; 06 Jul 2014 at 10:10. Reason: Forgot to add the minidump files.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 6,741
    W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
       #2

    I'll take a look at your logs now, but can you clarify what RAM sticks showed a problem? The two you're still using? If MemTest86+ (very important it was that version, verify that too please, MemTest86+) shows errors then that RAM is definitely bad, even if it's only one error. Also, three passes is nowhere near enough for a comprehensive test, it needs to run for at least 8 passes to be conclusive.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 6,741
    W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
       #3

    Your first dump shows up your ATI driver.

    Code:
    fffff880`02950c98  fffff880`0490f2a0 atikmdag+0x5e2a0
    fffff880`02950ca0  fffff880`04ce1b73 atikmdag+0x430b73
    fffff880`02950ca8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950cb0  fffff880`05144d5c atikmdag+0x893d5c
    fffff880`02950cb8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950cc0  fffff880`05144df8 atikmdag+0x893df8
    fffff880`02950cc8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950cd0  fffff880`05144abc atikmdag+0x893abc
    fffff880`02950cd8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950ce0  fffff880`05143fc4 atikmdag+0x892fc4
    fffff880`02950ce8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950cf0  fffff880`05110808 atikmdag+0x85f808
    fffff880`02950cf8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d00  fffff880`0511a504 atikmdag+0x869504
    fffff880`02950d08  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d10  fffff880`0511aa8c atikmdag+0x869a8c
    fffff880`02950d18  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d20  fffff880`0511aa98 atikmdag+0x869a98
    fffff880`02950d28  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d30  fffff880`0511aaf8 atikmdag+0x869af8
    fffff880`02950d38  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d40  fffff880`0511ab04 atikmdag+0x869b04
    fffff880`02950d48  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d50  fffff880`0511a8a0 atikmdag+0x8698a0
    fffff880`02950d58  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d60  fffff880`0511a4b0 atikmdag+0x8694b0
    fffff880`02950d68  fffff880`02951598
    fffff880`02950d70  fffff880`04d32045 atikmdag+0x481045
    It's old and needs updating.

    Code:
    2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
    start             end                 module name
    fffff880`048b1000 fffff880`051e5000   atikmdag T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
        Image name: atikmdag.sys
        Timestamp:        Wed Apr 20 02:53:29 2011 (4DAE3C99)
        CheckSum:         008E91DD
        ImageSize:        00934000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc. Reboot and install the 13.9 driver.

       Note
    When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.


    Avast! is also causing issues.

    Code:
    fffff880`05acd538  fffff880`06537155Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswMonFlt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys
     aswMonFlt+0x2155
    Uninstall Avast and install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

       Note
    Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.




    Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM.

       Note
    Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Boozad said:
    I'll take a look at your logs now, but can you clarify what RAM sticks showed a problem? The two you're still using? If MemTest86+ (very important it was that version, verify that too please, MemTest86+) shows errors then that RAM is definitely bad, even if it's only one error. Also, three passes is nowhere near enough for a comprehensive test, it needs to run for at least 8 passes to be conclusive.

    Thank you! I'm not sure which ram specifically, Ill use ABCD to mark them. I tested RAM stick A for 13 passes just last night (Passed) in slot A and RAM stick B for 3 in the past (Passed) in slot A. Also, I apologize, it was Memtest86+. I have 4 sticks of RAM total.

    EDIT: Ill test the other 3 sticks for 8 passes today. Should I be testing these individually or all at once and post the results?
    Last edited by FOXPATH; 06 Jul 2014 at 11:26. Reason: Tell what I'm gonna do.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 16
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Boozad said:
    Your first dump shows up your ATI driver.

    Code:
    fffff880`02950c98  fffff880`0490f2a0 atikmdag+0x5e2a0
    fffff880`02950ca0  fffff880`04ce1b73 atikmdag+0x430b73
    fffff880`02950ca8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950cb0  fffff880`05144d5c atikmdag+0x893d5c
    fffff880`02950cb8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950cc0  fffff880`05144df8 atikmdag+0x893df8
    fffff880`02950cc8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950cd0  fffff880`05144abc atikmdag+0x893abc
    fffff880`02950cd8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950ce0  fffff880`05143fc4 atikmdag+0x892fc4
    fffff880`02950ce8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950cf0  fffff880`05110808 atikmdag+0x85f808
    fffff880`02950cf8  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d00  fffff880`0511a504 atikmdag+0x869504
    fffff880`02950d08  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d10  fffff880`0511aa8c atikmdag+0x869a8c
    fffff880`02950d18  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d20  fffff880`0511aa98 atikmdag+0x869a98
    fffff880`02950d28  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d30  fffff880`0511aaf8 atikmdag+0x869af8
    fffff880`02950d38  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d40  fffff880`0511ab04 atikmdag+0x869b04
    fffff880`02950d48  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d50  fffff880`0511a8a0 atikmdag+0x8698a0
    fffff880`02950d58  fffff880`048b1000 atikmdag
    fffff880`02950d60  fffff880`0511a4b0 atikmdag+0x8694b0
    fffff880`02950d68  fffff880`02951598
    fffff880`02950d70  fffff880`04d32045 atikmdag+0x481045
    It's old and needs updating.

    Code:
    2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
    start             end                 module name
    fffff880`048b1000 fffff880`051e5000   atikmdag T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
        Image name: atikmdag.sys
        Timestamp:        Wed Apr 20 02:53:29 2011 (4DAE3C99)
        CheckSum:         008E91DD
        ImageSize:        00934000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc. Reboot and install the 13.9 driver.

       Note
    When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.


    Avast! is also causing issues.

    Code:
    fffff880`05acd538  fffff880`06537155Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswMonFlt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys
     aswMonFlt+0x2155
    Uninstall Avast and install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

       Note
    Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.




    Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM.

       Note
    Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.
    Thanks! I could've sworn I had everything updated. Ill do that now and post back results.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 6,741
    W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
       #6

    Follow the steps outlined above and test each single RAM stick for at least 8 passes to find the culprit. Are all of your RAM sticks the same make, model and batch?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 16
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    @Boozad so I'm following the steps to uninstall my ATI drivers but when I get to my program files, there is no ATI Catalyst Install Manager in my programs folder. Is there another way to uninstall the drivers? Could I download the manager online?

    EDIT: It doesn't show up in my uninstall programs list, that is.
    Last edited by FOXPATH; 06 Jul 2014 at 11:39. Reason: Reword
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 16
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Boozad said:
    Follow the steps outlined above and test each single RAM stick for at least 8 passes to find the culprit. Are all of your RAM sticks the same make, model and batch?
    And yes, they are.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 6,741
    W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
       #9

    FOXPATH said:
    @Boozad so I'm following the steps to uninstall my ATI drivers but when I get to my program files, there is no ATI Catalyst Install Manager in my programs folder. Is there another way to uninstall the drivers? Could I download the manager online?

    EDIT: It doesn't show up in my uninstall programs list, that is.
    If you're rid of everything ATI related don't worry about it, just run a search for ATI and AMD and see what Windows finds.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 6,741
    W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
       #10

    FOXPATH said:
    Boozad said:
    Follow the steps outlined above and test each single RAM stick for at least 8 passes to find the culprit. Are all of your RAM sticks the same make, model and batch?
    And yes, they are.
    That's good. Except for one or more being faulty that is.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:59.
Find Us