Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD playing RIFT, error 0x0000001a Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

23 Dec 2014   #41
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Agree - nothing malicious there. Whatever you do, stay away from IOBit products - I see it was quarantined. How are the PUP's getting onto the system?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Dec 2014   #42
p40whk

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Agree - nothing malicious there. Whatever you do, stay away from IOBit products - I see it was quarantined. How are the PUP's getting onto the system?
First off, happy holiday's to you guys! This is my first time back on my computer in a week and yes, another BSOD just browsing the web (DM Log attached)

Not sure how the PUPs are getting into the system unless they're being installed by some 3rd party software without me knowing it.

Why do you say to stay away from the IOBit software? I had their advanced system care tool but if it's a potential threat then I wont re-install it.

I didn't get to run Memtest while I was gone but will start it tonight before I go to bed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2014   #43
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
Why do you say to stay away from the IOBit software? I had their advanced system care tool but if it's a potential threat then I wont re-install it.
It was demonstrated that Iobit stole the Malwarebytes virus database in 2009 and incorporated it into, and marketed it as, their own product. As a consequence, the company and software is not well perceived, and as a general rule of thumb you would do well not to trust these sorts of products.

IObit accused of stealing from Malwarebytes | Computerworld
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Dec 2014   #44
essenbe

Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 10 Pro Insider
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
Why do you say to stay away from the IOBit software? I had their advanced system care tool but if it's a potential threat then I wont re-install it.
It was demonstrated that Iobit stole the Malwarebytes virus database in 2009 and incorporated it into, and marketed it as, their own product. As a consequence, the company and software is not well perceived, and as a general rule of thumb you would do well not to trust these sorts of products.

IObit accused of stealing from Malwarebytes | Computerworld
Also the fact that another program quarantined it should also be a clue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2015   #45
p40whk

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Replaced the Memory and moved my Graphics card to another slot because it seemed loose in the original slot. Haven't had a BSOD in 4 days now so it was one of those 2 actions that fixed it.

Thanks guys for all your help, I do appreciate it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2015   #46
essenbe

Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 10 Pro Insider
 
 

Glad it's, running well. I hope it continues for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD playing RIFT, error 0x0000001a Caused by ntoskrnl.exe




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How do I fix this BSOD? 0x0000001a /0x0000003b caused by ntoskrnl.exe
I am getting this on a daily occurence basis. This only happens once upon cold booting per day usually And also caused by dxgkrnl.sys, error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT This looks like a video related issue to me ? What should I do ? I am using a Gigabyte ATI Radeon 5870 and pretty sure drivers...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD while playing games and idle caused by ntoskrnl.exe
i have been having blue screens for around a month mostly while gaming but some times when idle some games have also been quitting randomly which might have something to do with it. i figured out that it has to do with ntoskrnl.exe. i attached a file with only my latest bsod because the others got...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing COD MW3 error caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
Keep getting these BSOD when playing COD MW3. Have run memtest86+4.2 and tests passed. Here is my SF Diagnostics report. Would appreciate your help solving this problem
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD error 0x0000001a ntoskrnl.exe seems to be at fault.
I;m constantly plagued by BSOD, i get memory_management when it pops up, Ive tried uninstalling tons of different programs and running memory diagnostic tests and check disk on the hard drive always with no results. Im unsure what all i need to include but Ive attached my dump files. It seems...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing BF3 error 0x0000001a
-Retail version Windows 7 home premium 64bit -Hardware is about 8 months old Hi guys I never thought I'd have to resort to this forum. I have a very minimal tech understanding. Recently (1 month ago when running Vista 64bit) my computer had started to blue screen when playing games like...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46.
Twitter Facebook Google+