Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Crashes and BSOD

23 Nov 2009   #1
darylt

Windows 7
 
 
Crashes and BSOD

My Windows 7 installation crashes on the login screen and takes me about 3 attempts before I can get it to load.

When I have managed to get it to load if I run RegCure I get a BSOD about 3/4 of the way through it.

I have tried loading CPU-Z however I get a 0x2 error.

Any ideas?

I am running Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 1525
Intel Core Duo 2.40 GHz
3GB RAM

I have tried updating all drivers, however I am told that they are all up to date.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Nov 2009   #2
Flames

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

When did you buy the operation system?
I'm thinking it might be some sort of trojan or worm.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2009   #3
OpSysWiz

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darylt View Post
My Windows 7 installation crashes on the login screen and takes me about 3 attempts before I can get it to load.

When I have managed to get it to load if I run RegCure I get a BSOD about 3/4 of the way through it.

I have tried loading CPU-Z however I get a 0x2 error.

Any ideas?

I am running Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 1525
Intel Core Duo 2.40 GHz
3GB RAM

I have tried updating all drivers, however I am told that they are all up to date.
Hmmm, why would you run RegCure on a fresh install ...
My guess: you've a bad install, I'd reformat and do a full install or at least a Repair.
Have you installed the mobo drivers? Mobo need a BIOS update to handle Win 7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Nov 2009   #4
darylt

Windows 7
 
 

I think you could be right

Every time I run Malwarebytes or Panda Antivirus it finds a trojan and apparently deletes it, but there are always more every time I do the scan and have no idea where they are coming from.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2009   #5
Flames

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darylt View Post
I think you could be right

Every time I run Malwarebytes or Panda Antivirus it finds a trojan and apparently deletes it, but there are always more every time I do the scan and have no idea where they are coming from.
Have you tried making a full system scan? Should do the trick.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2009   #6
OpSysWiz

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darylt View Post
I think you could be right

Every time I run Malwarebytes or Panda Antivirus it finds a trojan and apparently deletes it, but there are always more every time I do the scan and have no idea where they are coming from.
Do a full install while *not* connected to the internet. Then boot up in safe mode with Internet Connection (F8). Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials. Then Windows Update. Then install mobo drivers.

Are you using a router?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #7
darylt

Windows 7
 
 

Ref Full System Scan - I can't do this as I get a BSOD every time

Ref the last post, yes I do have a Router. When you say full install, do you mean to run the setup over the top of the current OS or a format and start again?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #8
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darylt View Post
My Windows 7 installation crashes on the login screen and takes me about 3 attempts before I can get it to load.

When I have managed to get it to load if I run RegCure I get a BSOD about 3/4 of the way through it.

I have tried loading CPU-Z however I get a 0x2 error.

Any ideas?

I am running Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 1525
Intel Core Duo 2.40 GHz
3GB RAM

I have tried updating all drivers, however I am told that they are all up to date.
Very much sounds like an unintentional overclocking issue.

Use the spd tab of CPU-Z to find out exactly which RAM modules you're running.

Then visit the maker's site for the correct Vdimm (RAM voltage), timings and frequency. Adjust your motherboard bios accordingly.

Make sure in the bios that the CPU is not overclocked. If you're not sure, set the bios to optimized defaults first. Then apply RAM timings.

If I'm right about this, your pc will be well after you do these things.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #9
OpSysWiz

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darylt View Post
Ref Full System Scan - I can't do this as I get a BSOD every time

Ref the last post, yes I do have a Router. When you say full install, do you mean to run the setup over the top of the current OS or a format and start again?
I'd do a format of the boot drive (sounds like you may have picked up a virus) and full install as per my previous post. You don't need all that Dell crap on your system anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 May 2010   #10
Patrece

Windows 7
 
 

System Info:
Model #: MS227
Product #: BK232AA-ABA
Serial #: 4CS9510JDY
Software Build #: A1NAv6PrA1
Service ID #: 030-310
PCBRAND: Pavilion


Whenever i run Pro Tools M-Powered Essential and my M-Audio Producer USB Microphone i get a blue screen with this message
"Driver_IRQL_Not_Equal_Less_Than..."

I tried updating all my drivers and i got a message saying they're all up-to-date.

I was trying to attach my dump files it leaves a message saying invalid file.
I copied the dump but i dnt know how to attach it.

C:\Windows|Minidump|052110-22776-01.dmp

I've updated all my drivers and i dnt know what to do...


Plz help me....I need to start recording again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Crashes and BSOD




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD 52514-31824-01.dmp BSOD crashes on Firefox/Facebook
Fixing husbands PC and got him to take a pic of BSOD. Has crashed within minutes of opening Firefox/Facebook since Wx Update on May 14, 2014. He says AVG also updated almost simultaneously. His FB account was hacked at this time and he changed his password after I ran CC Cleaner, AVG Scan. ...
BSOD Help and Support
Browser crashes, windows crashes, memory test won't complete, BSOD
Thanks for listening, as my user name reflects I am now into stuff I'm ignorant about. History. Had this computer a little over a year, I7 with 16gb of memory, windows 7 ultimate. etc About a month ago, started seeing BSOD's. The BSOD would normally reflect "Memory Management" as the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after BSOD, computer is very unstabil and crashes randomly
Hi guys, I am new on this forum, this is my first post here. I read plenty of other threads but i can`t find the solution for the problems I have. I am running my system with Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. This works fine after 3 or 4 years, but the last time it crashes every day a few...
BSOD Help and Support
Frequent crashes (BSOD) on the new PC with BSOD Dump attached
Hi guys, can anyone please help my problem, I had my PC crashing almost everyday, and several times a day. Please find my attached collection of memory dump & PC Health report. Thanks very much! I am on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - x64 - the original installed OS on the system - Ultimate -...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD & Non-BSOD Crashes, Display Driver Issue?
I'm running: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, OEM, never reinstalled HP model #p6654y, approx. 1 year old, no major problems until now I've attached the BSOD Dump and System File Collection, but Windows refuses to produce a System Health Report because I have to run in safe mode. If you have...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD several times a day, various errors, plus non BSOD crashes
Hope someone can help; I'm getting several crashes a day, sometimes BSOD, sometimes just a black screen, sometimes the screen breaks up into confetti. Seems to have happened since I started getting a message about a driver not loading properly, but I've run SlimDrivers and updated everything,...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:50.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App