Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD atikmdag.sys

3 Weeks Ago   #1
andreimoldovan

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT
 
 
BSOD atikmdag.sys

I've been gettings this random BSOD while playing games, and i tried so many fixes from the internet like reinstalling GPU, and specially everything from this tomsguide thread Problem with AMD drivers | Tom's Guide Forum maybe you guys can help me out, i left out an attachament




Attached Files
File Type: zip ANDREI-PC-13-Nov-19_161536_91.zip (1.13 MB, 2 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
3 Weeks Ago   #2
Laith

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Hi, Andrei.

According to my analysis, it is indeed an AMD driver issue.

Code:
1: kd> lmvm atikmpag
Browse full module list
start             end                 module name
fffff880`03e3b000 fffff880`03ee3000   atikmpag T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
    Image path: atikmpag.sys
    Image name: atikmpag.sys
    Browse all global symbols  functions  data
    Timestamp:        Mon Aug  3 18:42:28 2015 (55C01884)
    CheckSum:         000AF3B6
    ImageSize:        000A8000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Information from resource tables:
1: kd> lmvm atikmdag
Browse full module list
start             end                 module name
fffff880`0f0a8000 fffff880`105b2000   atikmdag   (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
    Image path: atikmdag.sys
    Image name: atikmdag.sys
    Browse all global symbols  functions  data
    Timestamp:        Mon Aug  3 20:28:52 2015 (55C03174)
    CheckSum:         014A6ED0
    ImageSize:        0150A000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Information from resource tables:
It seems as though you have a more recent version of the driver than what the AMD site lists.
Run DDU and install the recommended version of the 6850M driver from the AMD site, and report back with results.

If the proposed solution happens to not work, you could try older drivers until you get one that doesn't BSOD.
Code:
1: kd> .exr 0xfffff88002ee7e38
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800f124989 (atikmdag+0x000000000007c989)
   ExceptionCode: c0000094 (Integer divide-by-zero)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 0
I have heard of AMD GPU drivers in the past causing DivideByZero BSODs. Do report back with a known good version of the driver; if the recommended AMD version doesn't work, and you decide to continue with this route.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #3
andreimoldovan

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Hi, Andrei.

According to my analysis, it is indeed an AMD driver issue.

Code:
1: kd> lmvm atikmpag
Browse full module list
start             end                 module name
fffff880`03e3b000 fffff880`03ee3000   atikmpag T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
    Image path: atikmpag.sys
    Image name: atikmpag.sys
    Browse all global symbols  functions  data
    Timestamp:        Mon Aug  3 18:42:28 2015 (55C01884)
    CheckSum:         000AF3B6
    ImageSize:        000A8000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Information from resource tables:
1: kd> lmvm atikmdag
Browse full module list
start             end                 module name
fffff880`0f0a8000 fffff880`105b2000   atikmdag   (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
    Image path: atikmdag.sys
    Image name: atikmdag.sys
    Browse all global symbols  functions  data
    Timestamp:        Mon Aug  3 20:28:52 2015 (55C03174)
    CheckSum:         014A6ED0
    ImageSize:        0150A000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Information from resource tables:
It seems as though you have a more recent version of the driver than what the AMD site lists.
Run DDU and install the recommended version of the 6850M driver from the AMD site, and report back with results.

If the proposed solution happens to not work, you could try older drivers until you get one that doesn't BSOD.
Code:
1: kd> .exr 0xfffff88002ee7e38
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800f124989 (atikmdag+0x000000000007c989)
   ExceptionCode: c0000094 (Integer divide-by-zero)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 0
I have heard of AMD GPU drivers in the past causing DivideByZero BSODs. Do report back with a known good version of the driver; if the recommended AMD version doesn't work, and you decide to continue with this route.

I also tried this one too, reinstalling my drivers with DDU the versions i tried were the 15.7.1 ( i am curently on) and the 16.2.1 (the beta one) i tried both and both give me the same bsod error, i cant find older versions of my gpu driver
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

3 Weeks Ago   #4
andreimoldovan

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Hi, Andrei.

According to my analysis, it is indeed an AMD driver issue.

Code:
1: kd> lmvm atikmpag
Browse full module list
start             end                 module name
fffff880`03e3b000 fffff880`03ee3000   atikmpag T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
    Image path: atikmpag.sys
    Image name: atikmpag.sys
    Browse all global symbols  functions  data
    Timestamp:        Mon Aug  3 18:42:28 2015 (55C01884)
    CheckSum:         000AF3B6
    ImageSize:        000A8000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Information from resource tables:
1: kd> lmvm atikmdag
Browse full module list
start             end                 module name
fffff880`0f0a8000 fffff880`105b2000   atikmdag   (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
    Image path: atikmdag.sys
    Image name: atikmdag.sys
    Browse all global symbols  functions  data
    Timestamp:        Mon Aug  3 20:28:52 2015 (55C03174)
    CheckSum:         014A6ED0
    ImageSize:        0150A000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Information from resource tables:
It seems as though you have a more recent version of the driver than what the AMD site lists.
Run DDU and install the recommended version of the 6850M driver from the AMD site, and report back with results.

If the proposed solution happens to not work, you could try older drivers until you get one that doesn't BSOD.
Code:
1: kd> .exr 0xfffff88002ee7e38
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800f124989 (atikmdag+0x000000000007c989)
   ExceptionCode: c0000094 (Integer divide-by-zero)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 0
I have heard of AMD GPU drivers in the past causing DivideByZero BSODs. Do report back with a known good version of the driver; if the recommended AMD version doesn't work, and you decide to continue with this route.
I used DDU to instal both version that are displayed on the on the amd driver oficial page 15.7.1 wich im curently using and the latest version wich is beta, i tested both and with both of them i get BSOD errors randomlyi cant find older versions than that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #5
Laith

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Could you try this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #6
andreimoldovan

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Could you try this?

Thanks for link, i will try it now, sorry for posting twice i thought the first one didnt send
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #7
andreimoldovan

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Could you try this?

oof i used ddu and installed the thing that you send me but it only installed A hdmi audio driver and no display driver
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
3 Weeks Ago   #8
Laith

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andreimoldovan View Post
oof i used ddu and installed the thing that you send me but it only installed A hdmi audio driver and no display driver
My bad, try this. Guru3D has an entire database filled with legacy AMD drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #9
andreimoldovan

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Laith View Post
My bad, try this. Guru3D has an entire database filled with legacy AMD drivers.

Well i got one step ahead and i downloaded a 12.10 version of the gpu, if im not getting any random BSODS should i download your 14 version that you sent me?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #10
Laith

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andreimoldovan View Post
Well i got one step ahead and i downloaded a 12.10 version of the gpu, if im not getting any random BSODS should i download your 14 version that you sent me?
No, if you don't get any BSODs, and performance is the same; stay. Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD atikmdag.sys




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD with atikmdag.sys
Hello, I got blue screen quite sometimes in the past. But now i got it this blue screen of atikmdag.sys every time when starting the windows. Now I can only access windows through safe mode and in normal mode by disabled the graphic cards. I don't know if its because of my hardware or it...
BSOD Help and Support
atikmdag.sys BSOD
Hey, just recently I've received a BSOD with the description as stated on the title. My graphics drivers have caused BSODs in the past, just wanted to know if this was anything specific/different in which there would be a different way of dealing with it. During the time of the BSODs, I wasn't...
BSOD Help and Support
atikmdag.sys BSoD
Hello people. I ve been getting bsod for many months. Mainly while i browse facebook or 9gag or similar sites. Also i have recently formatted my pc, with no results. Thanks in advance for any help.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x19C6D)
I hope anybody can help me....i already have the latest drivers but i still get BSOD's
BSOD Help and Support
Bsod, atikmdag.sys
Hi all guys, I have had this problem with a BSOD. I find this very strange because I have the latest drivers i think. But it might be such that I didn't download the right file from amd, in that case please tell me what file i need to download. I hope someone can help, my system specs: windows 7...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03.
Twitter Facebook