Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random freezes

06 Dec 2009   #11
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Visit Adobe's website and install the latest Flash. Also make sure you have the latest video card driver from http://game.amd.com.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Dec 2009   #12
Lebon14

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eikill View Post
When I first got this problem I had overclocked my computer.
You said it yourself. That could be the cause of your problem. If it wasn't happening before the overclocking, I suggest you to put your configuration back to the factory's default and see what happened.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2009   #13
Eikill

Windows 7, 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lebon14 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eikill View Post
When I first got this problem I had overclocked my computer.
You said it yourself. That could be the cause of your problem. If it wasn't happening before the overclocking, I suggest you to put your configuration back to the factory's default and see what happened.
I already did that, I told you in my first post.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Visit Adobe's website and install the latest Flash. Also make sure you have the latest video card driver from http://game.amd.com.
I have done this, but I could try it again. But what's so important about flash player?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Dec 2009   #14
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eikill View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lebon14 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eikill View Post
When I first got this problem I had overclocked my computer.
You said it yourself. That could be the cause of your problem. If it wasn't happening before the overclocking, I suggest you to put your configuration back to the factory's default and see what happened.
I already did that, I told you in my first post.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Visit Adobe's website and install the latest Flash. Also make sure you have the latest video card driver from http://game.amd.com.
I have done this, but I could try it again. But what's so important about flash player?
Youtube works by using the Flash plugin.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2009   #15
Lebon14

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eikill View Post
I already did that, I told you in my first post.
My bad.
Probably because I didn't remember reading about it. Sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2009   #16
Eikill

Windows 7, 32 bit
 
 

It did not work, my computer still freezes at random times. When it does freeze I can sometimes move my mouse, and sometimes not, and everything else is completely frozen. It does not appear any "Not Responding" on any program.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2009   #17
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eikill View Post
It did not work, my computer still freezes at random times. When it does freeze I can sometimes move my mouse, and sometimes not, and everything else is completely frozen. It does not appear any "Not Responding" on any program.
Type msinfo32 into the start menu search box and hit enter. Ctrl+s on the screen that opens. Zip or rar the saved file and attach to a post.

I'll be able to figure out what's happening this way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2009   #18
Eikill

Windows 7, 32 bit
 
 

Should I do that after a freeze or can I do it now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2009   #19
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

In the start menu, go to all programs and then startup folder. Delete:

WinampAgent
SunJavaUpdateSched
ATICustomerCare
StartCCC (<<<you can leave this if you like CCC starting with Windows)


In the start menu, type services.msc and hit enter. Disable the following services:

AMD External Events Utility
Offline Files
Windows Defender (You already have Avast and this is not needed too.)


Reboot after. If the problem isn't fixed, uninstall Avast and then test. If good, re-enable Windows Defender.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2009   #20
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Eikill View Post
My computer just froze now, I was watching a youtube video. But it was a different freeze, I couldn't do anything, not even move my mouse, nothing. It lasted for about 20 seconds :/
As I already said, this is most likely a harddrive problem, you need to test your harddrives. Installing drivers is not the same thing as testing your harddrives.

If you let me know what kind of harddrive you are using I can probably find a program to test it with. Or you can keep spinning your wheels playing around with drivers,. which ever you prefer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random freezes




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Random freezes
Hello, My computer keeps freezing randomly while playing a game. Max temeratures of CPUs go up to 80 C and GPU about 60. I have tried to reinstall Win, flash Bios, install various graphics drivers, scan disk and ram for errors but nothing helped. Im getting a bit desperate ... I have two dump...
BSOD Help and Support
Random Freezes with new PC!
I'm getting random freezes without bluescreen, sometimes while gaming, sometimes while only surfing on internet or just browsing files. I checked the Event Viewer and there are always 2 same BSOD: Critical and Error Any idea where these are coming from ?! Any stress test programs dont...
BSOD Help and Support
Random freezes
Hi, my pc have random freeze, and i dont understand why. Often, when i restart, i dont have any error, only a couple of time i had this error: Can you help me?
BSOD Help and Support
Random Freezes
I am beginning to get really frustrated with my computer. It never used to freeze but recently it has begun to randomly lock up once or twice every day for the last few weeks. I can't find any similarities in the freezes as it will freeze with any combination of applications open. All applications...
BSOD Help and Support
Random freezes...
Happend 2 times already today.... Just randomly freezes, once while browing web and once.. i dont know.. went for a cuppa and when i return.. its frozen... then i have to restart computer from mains.. If i try to restart by holding the power button, the nothing comes up and the monitor...
BSOD Help and Support
Random Freezes
I am having random crashes that started on Friday night. I believe it is connected to an issue with my iPod being disconnected while still in use, but don't know for sure. I am trying stuff mentioned in the following thread:...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App