Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Minidump Help

03 Feb 2010   #1
Rumia

Windows XP
 
 
BSOD Minidump Help

Hi. I'm posting this for my friend who recently got some issues with his computer (Because He's too afraid to turn His Computer on as it might cause more problems lol).

His PC had some BSOD problems lately and He logged in once to get a Minidump file for analysis.

I forgot to ask Him what program He used to cause this but He said that the BSOD happens randomly when He plays an MMORPG (I forgot to ask him the name).

I've attached the Minidump file for analysis of the experts, thank in advance!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Feb 2010   #2
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Rumia, this appears to be caused by a bad driver. If he can boot up his computer, have him boot into his Windows CD (not the OS) and run a repair install.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #3
Rumia

Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Rumia, this appears to be caused by a bad driver. If he can boot up his computer, have him boot into his Windows CD (not the OS) and run a repair install.

~Lordbob
Thanks! I asked Him to and finished repairing but it happened again while playing the same MMORPG (The game was called AIKA Online).

I asked Him to play some other game and try if it does to BSOD, something that requires more computer resources and that game didn't trigger a BSOD. So I asked Him to try and play AIKA again (After a few minutes or so of playing the other game) and after 10 minutes or so He got the BSOD again.

I checked His Event Viewer and some other info on it where these.

param1 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x9155d751, 0x8c557914, 0x00000000)
param2 C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
param3 020410-14289-01

I tried installing the same game on my other rig that is on Windows 7 and it runs just fine without getting any BSOD (But the specs of my other rig is higher than His).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Feb 2010   #4
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rumia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Rumia, this appears to be caused by a bad driver. If he can boot up his computer, have him boot into his Windows CD (not the OS) and run a repair install.

~Lordbob
Thanks! I asked Him to and finished repairing but it happened again while playing the same MMORPG (The game was called AIKA Online).

I asked Him to play some other game and try if it does to BSOD, something that requires more computer resources and that game didn't trigger a BSOD. So I asked Him to try and play AIKA again (After a few minutes or so of playing the other game) and after 10 minutes or so He got the BSOD again.

I checked His Event Viewer and some other info on it where these.

param1 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x9155d751, 0x8c557914, 0x00000000)
param2 C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
param3 020410-14289-01

I tried installing the same game on my other rig that is on Windows 7 and it runs just fine without getting any BSOD (But the specs of my other rig is higher than His).
He might try updating his video card driver, as well as his motherboard driver.

This is obviously caused by the game, can he post that new BSoD?

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #5
Rumia

Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rumia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Rumia, this appears to be caused by a bad driver. If he can boot up his computer, have him boot into his Windows CD (not the OS) and run a repair install.

~Lordbob
Thanks! I asked Him to and finished repairing but it happened again while playing the same MMORPG (The game was called AIKA Online).

I asked Him to play some other game and try if it does to BSOD, something that requires more computer resources and that game didn't trigger a BSOD. So I asked Him to try and play AIKA again (After a few minutes or so of playing the other game) and after 10 minutes or so He got the BSOD again.

I checked His Event Viewer and some other info on it where these.

param1 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x9155d751, 0x8c557914, 0x00000000)
param2 C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
param3 020410-14289-01

I tried installing the same game on my other rig that is on Windows 7 and it runs just fine without getting any BSOD (But the specs of my other rig is higher than His).
He might try updating his video card driver, as well as his motherboard driver.

This is obviously caused by the game, can he post that new BSoD?

~Lordbob
Here it is. I only see 2 MinDump Files in his MiniDump folder so it's probably one of the two.

I went to the game's website and some other people are experiencing computer restarts, bsod, black screen and others so it should be true that the game is causing this but still I will ask him to update his drivers.

Here is the specs needed for the game.

- CPU: 2.0GHZ Dual Core Processor
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- Video: 256MB 3D capable graphics card or better
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0C

This is his Computer Specs.

- CPU: Intel Core2Duo E7200 2.53GHz
- RAM - 1GB
- Video: nVidia Geforce 7300 SE / 7200 GS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #6
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

It does appear to be crashing the Windows graphics process. Perhaps update the video, motherboard, and windows.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #7
Rumia

Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
It does appear to be crashing the Windows graphics process. Perhaps update the video, motherboard, and windows.

~Lordbob
Thanks again! I'll ask Him to do that when He returns (He went out for a bit). I'll post an update later on on what happens after the update.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #8
jcgriff2

Windows 7 - Vista
 
 

Hi -

The bugchecks are as shown in the prior posts -

0x8e (0xc0000005,,,) = kernel threw an exception; the excption = 0xc0000005 = memory access violation. win32k.sys named as probable cause.

Both crashes occurred under csrss.exe = Client Server Runtime Subsystem. It is the user-mode side of the Win32 subsystem, so not surprising to see win32k.sys to be named here.

These drivers need to be updated/ removed - the first is an old Avira a/v driver. It needs to go -
Code:
avgio.sys    Thu Feb 22 09:57:32 2007 (45DDAF5C) - Avira
Rtnicxp.sys  Fri May 30 11:12:11 2008 (4840194B) - Realtek RTL8169
keyscrambler.sys Sat Mar 22 17:37:02 2008 (47E57BFE) - as the name indicates
adfs.SYS     Thu Aug 14 10:57:15 2008 (48A447CB)- Adobe - this may be OK
Realtek --> Realtek

Avira Removal --> http://dlpro.antivir.com/package/rem...l-win32-en.exe


Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Thu Feb  4 12:41:11.716 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:25:03.901
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 9155d751, 8c557914, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k+14d751 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x8E
PROCESS_NAME:  csrss.exe
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Thu Feb  4 06:15:37.704 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:57:44.764
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 9124d751, 8c567914, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!xxxKeyEvent+50c )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x8E
PROCESS_NAME:  csrss.exe
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #9
Rumia

Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jcgriff2 View Post
Hi -

The bugchecks are as shown in the prior posts -

0x8e (0xc0000005,,,) = kernel threw an exception; the excption = 0xc0000005 = memory access violation. win32k.sys named as probable cause.

Both crashes occurred under csrss.exe = Client Server Runtime Subsystem. It is the user-mode side of the Win32 subsystem, so not surprising to see win32k.sys to be named here.

These drivers need to be updated/ removed - the first is an old Avira a/v driver. It needs to go -
Code:
avgio.sys    Thu Feb 22 09:57:32 2007 (45DDAF5C) - Avira
Rtnicxp.sys  Fri May 30 11:12:11 2008 (4840194B) - Realtek RTL8169
keyscrambler.sys Sat Mar 22 17:37:02 2008 (47E57BFE) - as the name indicates
adfs.SYS     Thu Aug 14 10:57:15 2008 (48A447CB)- Adobe - this may be OK
Realtek --> Realtek

Avira Removal --> http://dlpro.antivir.com/package/rem...l-win32-en.exe


Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Thu Feb  4 12:41:11.716 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:25:03.901
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 9155d751, 8c557914, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k+14d751 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x8E
PROCESS_NAME:  csrss.exe
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Thu Feb  4 06:15:37.704 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:57:44.764
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 9124d751, 8c567914, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!xxxKeyEvent+50c )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x8E
PROCESS_NAME:  csrss.exe
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Thanks for that Info. I've attached a BSOD I got from the same game He plays. I got it a while ago but happened only once to Me and never happened again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #10
Rumia

Windows XP
 
 

Just want to do a quick update on the matter.

It seems that He always get the BSOD when He tries typind something within the game (Be it naming a character, chat or anything as long as it uses the boxes where You can enter something). However pressing shortcut keys when using hotkeys for the game like 1~0, the alphanumeric keys and F1~F12 etc. doesn't trigger a BSOD.

On my end though I rarely get the BSOD (I've attached my BSOD on my last post) but it also happens to me when I try to type something on windows within that game that requires You to type a character name or anything as long as it's a windows within the game.

We have different computer specifications (both w7 though) the only thing the same might be that my rig that has w7 in it has a built-in lan card same with his and that we both use Avira.

I'm now thinking if the BSOD is being caused by the game itself, so is that possible?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Minidump Help




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD NO minidump...
I will upload the folder for further analisys
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Minidump
Could someone please take a look at the attached minidump file please and let me know what's causing the odd BSD please. I have tried to read them using KD from prompt but keep getting symbol errors (despite having loaded several different symbol packages now). Many thanks.
BSOD Help and Support
bsod minidump
hi all I have no idea why...BSOD...It started about a month ago. i wiped the HDD clean and restored an image from last known good config... then after a week it happened again today.. today it was actually spontaneous shutdown and reboot...no BSOD ( i don't know if that is...
BSOD Help and Support
Minidump BSOD
my pc reboots again and again 4-5 times a day and displays this minidump error after the blue screen boot. how do i repair ?? thnks in advance
BSOD Help and Support
Need help with BSoD (minidump)
Heya, so latley ive gotten more and more BSoDs and i'm in need of your talent to figure out why. Specs: Mobo: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe, Socket-AM3 CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Ram: Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3 1600MHz 4GB GFX: MSI GeForce GTX 260 896MB PhysX CUDA PSU: Corsair 750W power...
BSOD Help and Support
bsod minidump, could someone take a look thank you
i did a fresh install of win7 64bit and i havent had any problems for a 3 days, i havent installed to many programs asyet, and the ones i have installed are supposed to be 64bit compatible.could someone please take a look at my minidump file.thank you in advance.
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

й Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App