Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD & hd5850

28 Feb 2010   #1
adroc31

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
BSOD & hd5850

Hey everyone i noticed if i keep my system on overnight i will find an error message saying "windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" with the following messages

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:3b
BCP1:00000000C0000005
BCP2:FFFFF80002C82105
BCP3:FFFFF88007C5AA20
BCP4:0000000000000000
OS Version:6_1_7600
Service Pack:0_0
Product:768_1

Its seems to happen when i leave the system on over night, i also had a problem with the system coming out of sleep mode so i disabled sleep and hibernation
i feel like the 2 may be related...can anyone help?

SPECS:
Core i7-920 2.66GHz
ASUS P6T SE Intel X58
ANTEC TP-750w
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
OCZ OCZ3P1333LV6GK 6GB PC3-10666 (DDR3-1333) DDR3 - 12G total
WD CaviarGreen 1TB
OCZ Agility Series 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD)
XFX HD-585A-ZNBC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB Black Edition

Trouble shooting done so far
Memtest 86 - no errors after a full pass
hwmonitor -
Temp:
systin = 98f/ 95f/ 98f
cpuin = 86f/ 86f/ 91f
auxtin = 84f/ 84f/ 84f

core i7 920 = core 0 - 104f/ 102f / 109f
core 1 - 100f/ 98f / 104f
core 2 - 109f/ 105f / 116f
core 3 - 102f/ 100f / 107f

Radeon Hd 5850
GPU Core = 123f /122f / 124f

Radeon Hd 5800 Series
GPU Core = 123f /122f / 123f

WDC Hardrive
Assembly = 75f/ 73f/ 75f
updated video card drivers no help ( also windows message center is saying i have to DL driver for a hd 5700 series card.... but i have a 5800 series card.. with up to date drivers
attached minidump file
please help! thanks in advance everyone


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Feb 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by adroc31 View Post
Hey everyone i noticed if i keep my system on overnight i will find an error message saying "windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" with the following messages

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:3b
BCP1:00000000C0000005
BCP2:FFFFF80002C82105
BCP3:FFFFF88007C5AA20
BCP4:0000000000000000
OS Version:6_1_7600
Service Pack:0_0
Product:768_1

Its seems to happen when i leave the system on over night, i also had a problem with the system coming out of sleep mode so i disabled sleep and hibernation
i feel like the 2 may be related...can anyone help?

SPECS:
Core i7-920 2.66GHz
ASUS P6T SE Intel X58
ANTEC TP-750w
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
OCZ OCZ3P1333LV6GK 6GB PC3-10666 (DDR3-1333) DDR3 - 12G total
WD CaviarGreen 1TB
OCZ Agility Series 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD)
XFX HD-585A-ZNBC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB Black Edition

Trouble shooting done so far
Memtest 86 - no errors after a full pass
hwmonitor -
Temp:
systin = 98f/ 95f/ 98f
cpuin = 86f/ 86f/ 91f
auxtin = 84f/ 84f/ 84f

core i7 920 = core 0 - 104f/ 102f / 109f
core 1 - 100f/ 98f / 104f
core 2 - 109f/ 105f / 116f
core 3 - 102f/ 100f / 107f

Radeon Hd 5850
GPU Core = 123f /122f / 124f

Radeon Hd 5800 Series
GPU Core = 123f /122f / 123f

WDC Hardrive
Assembly = 75f/ 73f/ 75f
updated video card drivers no help ( also windows message center is saying i have to DL driver for a hd 5700 series card.... but i have a 5800 series card.. with up to date drivers
attached minidump file
please help! thanks in advance everyone
Hi and welcome


this crash was caused by memory corruption (see analysis). I would

download memtestx86 and run for 5 passes
run a system file check
\type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow

let us know the results

Ken

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\022610-11887-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c65000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ea2e50
Debug session time: Fri Feb 26 17:14:37.077 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:42:03.091
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
.....................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
.....
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 4E, {2, 12e83e, 33ffff, 1}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8e )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc).  If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000002, A list entry was corrupt
Arg2: 000000000012e83e, entry in list being removed
Arg3: 000000000033ffff, highest physical page number
Arg4: 0000000000000001, reference count of entry being removed

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  0x4E_2

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002cf7e8e to fffff80002cd6f00

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`033e0ab8 fffff800`02cf7e8e : 00000000`0000004e 00000000`00000002 00000000`0012e83e 00000000`0033ffff : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`033e0ac0 fffff800`02d0d42c : 00000000`00000009 fffff800`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`000000c7 : nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+0x8e
fffff880`033e0b50 fffff800`02d0e258 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a70aa10 fffffa80`0a70aaa8 00000000`0000002d : nt!MiGatherMappedPages+0x108
fffff880`033e0c50 fffff800`02f7a166 : fffffa80`09d76040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`09d42040 01c8f0ee`bf27d300 : nt!MiMappedPageWriter+0x198
fffff880`033e0d40 fffff800`02cb5486 : fffff800`02e4fe80 fffffa80`09d76040 fffff800`02e5dc40 0054004f`002e0031 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`033e0d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8e
fffff800`02cf7e8e cc              int     3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1

SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8e

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4a5bc600

IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x4E_2_nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8e

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x4E_2_nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8e

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc).  If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000002, A list entry was corrupt
Arg2: 000000000012e83e, entry in list being removed
Arg3: 000000000033ffff, highest physical page number
Arg4: 0000000000000001, reference count of entry being removed

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  0x4E_2

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002cf7e8e to fffff80002cd6f00

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`033e0ab8 fffff800`02cf7e8e : 00000000`0000004e 00000000`00000002 00000000`0012e83e 00000000`0033ffff : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`033e0ac0 fffff800`02d0d42c : 00000000`00000009 fffff800`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`000000c7 : nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+0x8e
fffff880`033e0b50 fffff800`02d0e258 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a70aa10 fffffa80`0a70aaa8 00000000`0000002d : nt!MiGatherMappedPages+0x108
fffff880`033e0c50 fffff800`02f7a166 : fffffa80`09d76040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`09d42040 01c8f0ee`bf27d300 : nt!MiMappedPageWriter+0x198
fffff880`033e0d40 fffff800`02cb5486 : fffff800`02e4fe80 fffffa80`09d76040 fffff800`02e5dc40 0054004f`002e0031 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`033e0d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8e
fffff800`02cf7e8e cc              int     3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1

SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8e

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4a5bc600

IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x4E_2_nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8e

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x4E_2_nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8e

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2010   #3
adroc31

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

i ran a system check and it said windows recource protection did not find any integrity violations.
i ran memtest86 yesterday (1Pass) and it found no errors...it ran for almost 4 hours so will 5 passes take 20hours to complete?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Mar 2010   #4
adroc31

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

can anyone let me know what other steps i should take?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by adroc31 View Post
i ran a system check and it said windows recource protection did not find any integrity violations.
i ran memtest86 yesterday (1Pass) and it found no errors...it ran for almost 4 hours so will 5 passes take 20hours to complete?
Two reasons for the 5 passes. first it will give you a definitive answer about the ram and second if there is a heat issue it will show.

After that if you are still having BSOD,s we can have yoou run driver verifier. It is much more aggressive. Before running it you should have a backup and a win 7 dvd that you can boot from.

Driver verifier may make your system unbootable. see the description in the debugging and crashing section.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2010   #6
adroc31

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

tried testing to see if everything was stable overnight and i recieved another BSOD
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000000403
BCP2: FFFFF68000074688
BCP3: D8800002FA7CA867
BCP4: FFFFF8A00E880AB8
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
ive also attatched the minidump file...... i will try the 5 passes in memetest, quick question can i set up memetest to run 5 passes without me being here because the 1 pass took almost 4 hours to run threw
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2010   #7
adroc31

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

any1?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2010   #8
adroc31

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by adroc31 View Post
tried testing to see if everything was stable overnight and i recieved another BSOD
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000000403
BCP2: FFFFF68000074688
BCP3: D8800002FA7CA867
BCP4: FFFFF8A00E880AB8
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
ive also attatched the minidump file...... i will try the 5 passes in memetest, quick question can i set up memetest to run 5 passes without me being here because the 1 pass took almost 4 hours to run threw
some1 please i have the weekend to figure this out then i wont have time to mess with this stuff
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD & hd5850




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Restart Display Driver (For Hd5850 and HD 6970, no crossfire)
Corsair TX 850 GA-P55-UD3 AMD HD5850 and now HD6970(NEW) Intel i5 Windows 7 x64 Home 4gb mem Pc is 2 and a half year old now, the HD6970 i recieved today. When using MSI afterburner idle temp is 55c (NEW), 49(OLD).
BSOD Help and Support
XFX HD5850 Running XFX HD5870 Bios!
Just wanted to share this as anybody with the same card might want to try it. Got bored of manually overclocking my XFX HD 5850, wanted a permanent stable overclock. I flashed to the XFX HD5870 bios and it works perfect! Low temps and a massive jump in performance! Crysis runs about 10 fps faster...
Graphic Cards
Unexpected shutdowns Win7 errors BSOD hd5850
Hey everyone i noticed if i keep my system on overnight i will find an error message saying "windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" with the following messages Problem signature: Problem Event Name:BlueScreen OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID:1033 Additional...
Graphic Cards
HD5850 "Display driver stopped responding"
Hi, and excuse me if my english is abit scruppy. I have a problem with my ATI card that I just can't how to fix. I've googled for God knows how many hours without results that works for me. The problem is whenever Im gaming (it's the only way the GPU gets proper load) the screen freezes, turns...
Graphic Cards
Trouble with crash HD5850 With Windows 7 64-bit
I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a hand or some advice to what they think this problem could be. I think it is a Driver error with ATI. Here is the problem, When i log a game i like to play or even if i am just searching the internet. My screen will go black and all sounds will...
Graphic Cards
New DX11 HD5850.....
http://www.techpowerup.com/img/09-08-25/132b.jpg http://www.techpowerup.com/img/09-08-25/132a.jpg source
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:36.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App