Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD after upgrading laptop to windows 7 ultimate

16 Mar 2010   #1
blast0il

Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop - Windows XP Professional PC
 
 
BSOD after upgrading laptop to windows 7 ultimate

Ok, so i have a HP laptop model 6690ej.

i had on it the windows 7 RC, the 7100 model,
and when the version expiry date arrived i installed a windows 7 ultimate copy i got from a friend
i used this loophole i found online to edit a certain file, so that the upgrade will include the 7100 version even tough it's not supposed to. (what you do is copy the files of the installation onto your hard drive, then change this .reg file if i remember correctly, and voila - upgrade works..)
However, ever since the upgrade, every time windows starts, after a few minutes (it varies) , i get BSOD
The error is 7F (which to my knowledge means software right ?)
I don't know what to do, i have to at least find a way to backup my files and i can't because of the bsod and when i try hooking up my ipod in safe mode it won't let me use it (because it's safe mode)

if anyone has a way to fix this, or for me to use the ipod to backup all my pictures and documents from the last 2 years, i'd appreciate it a lot!

i'm pretty much desperate here..

Thanks,
Michael, Israel.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Mar 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blast0il View Post
Ok, so i have a HP laptop model 6690ej.

i had on it the windows 7 RC, the 7100 model,
and when the version expiry date arrived i installed a windows 7 ultimate copy i got from a friend
i used this loophole i found online to edit a certain file, so that the upgrade will include the 7100 version even tough it's not supposed to. (what you do is copy the files of the installation onto your hard drive, then change this .reg file if i remember correctly, and voila - upgrade works..)
However, ever since the upgrade, every time windows starts, after a few minutes (it varies) , i get BSOD
The error is 7F (which to my knowledge means software right ?)
I don't know what to do, i have to at least find a way to backup my files and i can't because of the bsod and when i try hooking up my ipod in safe mode it won't let me use it (because it's safe mode)

if anyone has a way to fix this, or for me to use the ipod to backup all my pictures and documents from the last 2 years, i'd appreciate it a lot!

i'm pretty much desperate here..

Thanks,
Michael, Israel.
Michael we actually need the DMP file. use this to find and upload it to us. https://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

thanks

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2010   #3
blast0il

Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop - Windows XP Professional PC
 
 

i just read the "[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem" article
even before seeing your amazingly fast response (thanks for that :P)
i can't get to it as the bsod appears every time before i can do anything, ill try safe mode with networking tough..

one more thing, most of the times windows takes a lot of time starting after i pass the password screen, and its the 32-bit i upgraded to.

will update soon.

Michael
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Mar 2010   #4
blast0il

Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop - Windows XP Professional PC
 
 

ok here's the file. its the 2 recent BSODs of today...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2010   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blast0il View Post
i just read the "[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem" article
even before seeing your amazingly fast response (thanks for that :P)
i can't get to it as the bsod appears every time before i can do anything, ill try safe mode with networking tough..

one more thing, most of the times windows takes a lot of time starting after i pass the password screen, and its the 32-bit i upgraded to.

will update soon.

Michael
No problem Michael we never close.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2010   #6
blast0il

Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop - Windows XP Professional PC
 
 

why do you think i joined ? ... i have a lot of spare time for learning now...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2010   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blast0il View Post
why do you think i joined ? ... i have a lot of spare time for learning now...
And there is a wealth of knowledge, many helpful people, and some great tutorials
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2010   #8
blast0il

Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop - Windows XP Professional PC
 
 

Happy to hear Ken.

i'll go to sleep now (as it is 04:47 am here..)
i'll keep searching for an answer tomorrow night.

looking forward for your suggestions.

Have a good one :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2010   #9
blast0il

Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop - Windows XP Professional PC
 
 

so... any ideas yet anyone ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2010   #10
blast0il

Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop - Windows XP Professional PC
 
 
so what's going on ?

i am obligation free for next 2 months which gives me the time to fix my laptop, how come i never heard back from you ken ? any ideas ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after upgrading laptop to windows 7 ultimate




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Randomly After Upgrading to 64 bit Win 7 Ultimate
For many years I was running Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit. In the past when I occasionally had BSOD problems it was solved by pulling out and reinserting the sata cable that connects my HD to the MoBo. I did not have any BSOD problems for a couple of years until I recently upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate 64...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after upgrading Windows 7 Pro x64 to Ultimate x64
About my pc's OS: Windows 7 Professional x64 (came with pc) Upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 via System Properties As soon as the first reboot after upgrading to Ultimate, the BSOD started appearing randomly during boot up only. sfc /scannow did return some files it could not repair.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate
Hello! About a week ago I updated my computer to Windows 7 Ultimate. Since then, 90% of the time, when I boot up the computer a black screen appears on my screen and no desktop shows up. I can't do anything like get to to a task manager but the computer works fine in safe mode. Strangely, if I...
Windows Updates & Activation
BSOD after upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate
Hello! About a week ago I updated my computer to Windows 7 Ultimate. Since then, 90% of the time, when I boot up the computer a black screen appears on my screen and no desktop shows up. I can't do anything like get to to a task manager but the computer works fine in safe mode. Strangely, if I...
BSOD Help and Support
Upgrading from Windows ultimate 32bit to Ultimate 64bit
Can I upgrade from Windows ultimate 32bit ver 6.1 ( build 7600) to windows 7 ultimate 64bit edition and keep all of my installed programs and files ? :huh:
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00.
Twitter Facebook Google+