Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Problem with having 4 GB memory

21 Apr 2009   #31
Orbital Shark

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marcellusmighty View Post
So far it looks like the only way to fix the problem is to update the BIOS. However, the only way to update the BIOS (since BIOSTAR won't do it) is to subscribe to the BIOS Agent Plus service from Phoenix. Of course my father wouldn't go for the $40 subscription... he paid $40 for the memory alone! Does anyone have any other suggestions?
I agree, i have just tried this as I have a Phoenix BIOS.

I have been directed from eSupport.com to http://biosagentplus.com/ and directed to download 'BiosAgentPlus'. Once downloaded & run i can hear what sounds like police chatter, radio chatter & adverts on my speakers (no kidding), i'm then directed to a page that indicates that my BIOS can be updated. I then get kicked quarely in the boll*x as you can see from the 2 screenshot of my task manager.

CHECK OUT THE IEXPLORER.EXE ENTRIES!!!

Steer WELL CLEAR of it completely.....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Apr 2009   #32
Orbital Shark

 
 

If you wan't a laugh then here is a copy of an e-mail i've just sent to their support division.

Dear Support division,

What in f**ks name do you scam mongers think you are playing at?!?!?!

I've just had to recover my system, E System EI 3101 after running BIOSAgentPlus. Shortly after installing & running it I was (very, and angrily) surprised to hear police/radio chatter & adverts playing on my speakers. Then countless internet popups started appearing all over my screen, which i immediately closed down. I was then faced with the inconcievable thought of paying to update the BIOS on a system that I'd paid cold, hard cash for.

If that wasn't enough! I thought I'd check task manager to what sh*t was running after you'd nearly scammed me. An to my absolute f**king horror I had no less than 55 (YES 55!!!) entries for iexplorer.exe (see attatched pictures).

This is no doubt the worst scam site i've ever visited & you have been reported to the makers of Avast!, Norton, McAfee & other anti-virus & anti-spam software.

Angrily yours

"Someone extremely PI$$ED OFF"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #33
Orbital Shark

 
 

Now, every time I start IE there are 100s of iexplorer.exe entries. Oh well, better format my system
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Apr 2009   #34
ikilledkenny

Windows 7 Professional, Windows Longhorn 4074
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orbital Shark View Post
If you wan't a laugh then here is a copy of an e-mail i've just sent to their support division.

Dear Support division,

What in f**ks name do you scam mongers think you are playing at?!?!?!

I've just had to recover my system, E System EI 3101 after running BIOSAgentPlus. Shortly after installing & running it I was (very, and angrily) surprised to hear police/radio chatter & adverts playing on my speakers. Then countless internet popups started appearing all over my screen, which i immediately closed down. I was then faced with the inconcievable thought of paying to update the BIOS on a system that I'd paid cold, hard cash for.

If that wasn't enough! I thought I'd check task manager to what sh*t was running after you'd nearly scammed me. An to my absolute f**king horror I had no less than 55 (YES 55!!!) entries for iexplorer.exe (see attatched pictures).

This is no doubt the worst scam site i've ever visited & you have been reported to the makers of Avast!, Norton, McAfee & other anti-virus & anti-spam software.

Angrily yours

"Someone extremely PI$$ED OFF"
It's about time someone said something like this to the A.H.'s at big companies. Nobody should have to pay for their BIOS updates. My BIOS randomly creates passwords and locks me out, so I just go to the Acer website and flash my BIOS again.

Can't you use a different BIOS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #35
marcellusmighty

 
 

That is the only thing I am afraid of. Do I have to use the BIOS Biostar gave? This Phoenix-Award BIOS? Why not use the Intel website's BIOS for the general chipset? (although none seem to want to operate from the express update option within Windows)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #36
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marcellusmighty View Post
That is the only thing I am afraid of. Do I have to use the BIOS Biostar gave? This Phoenix-Award BIOS? Why not use the Intel website's BIOS for the general chipset? (although none seem to want to operate from the express update option within Windows)
Phoenix -Award wrote the bios updates for that board specifically provided through Biostar. The only you would get from the Intel site is the chipset drivers not any bios update written for Biostar there. Instead they carry bios updates for Intel's own boards which may Award, AMI, or by someone else.

I think you guys are going to be looking at another board manufacturer for the next build that provides "free of charge" updates and utilities rather then going through these problems!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #37
ikilledkenny

Windows 7 Professional, Windows Longhorn 4074
 
 

Go with ASUS! Can't go wrong with ASUS!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #38
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

I've been running Asus boards for some time and haven't seen a need to reflash the bios on the present board as well as on the last build at any time. But they certainly see an excellent support site when comparing their's to others.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #39
ikilledkenny

Windows 7 Professional, Windows Longhorn 4074
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
I've been running Asus boards for some time and haven't seen a need to reflash the bios on the present board as well as on the last build at any time. But they certainly see an excellent support site when comparing their's to others.
Woah, one of my friends told me that the other day!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #40
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Sometimes it seems like it takes forever to log onto their site there but it's well laid out with an easy to use selection process for item board or other, series, model niumber, and then bringing you to the main page for that model seeing the user manual links as well as all drivers or each by catagory. That includes bios updates and awdflash and other utilities like their temp probe.

Asus has also had a good rep for a long time with gamers there. Unfortunately they still have a few of their own lemons there at times! One new build worked went through 3 boards all worthless scrap upon arrival seeing one model replaced with another still going strong there however. Bad batch!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Problem with having 4 GB memory




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
memory problem
i have 64bit windows 7 and it shows that only 3.68gb is usable from 4gb can anyone help
Performance & Maintenance
Memory problem?
I am currently running windows 7 ultimate x64. My PC has been running very slowly. I opened my task manager and at idle my cpu is running at about 25% (which seems ok), I have 4GB on memory installed. Physical memory usage at idle shows almost 4GB exactly. Could this be why my PC is running...
Performance & Maintenance
problem with the memory
hi i use windows 7 ultimate version on 32 bit and 2gig RAM..my problem is when i open facebook chat..it is very slow..and if video chat in msn it even hangs..pls let me know how to rectify the problem..i use sonyhandy cam as web cam.. thanks
General Discussion
Memory problem
I got a 2x2gb XMS2 DDR2 1066mhz memory in MSI 770T-C45 board The memory is only working on 800mhz so I changed FSB/Dram in bios from auto to 1:2.66, and then it shows 1066 in BIOS. Then when I restart it says CMOS checksum bad Press F1 to Run setup Press F2 to load default values.. etc. and...
Hardware & Devices
Memory Problem
Hey guyz, I just turned on my laptop and it's running really crappy and slow. When I went to computer properties, I noticed that out of my 4.0 GB of RAM, only 256 MB is usable... Is this the reason why my laptop is acting like this and why? I've ran my Windows Memory Diagnostic tool but no...
Hardware & Devices
Memory Problem
Once again didn't know where to post. I was ready to render a video in Sony Vegas but it kept telling me that the system memory is too low. I put the Dynamic RAM to 0, and tried again and got the same message. I thought it was just vegas until a message popped up that told me to "close the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App