Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random Restarting

14 Apr 2010   #111
seangalea

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
That's why I said 'if it does exist'

I think I just have to wait for next random reboot now...
if it does happen


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Apr 2010   #112
jcgriff2

Windows 7 - Vista
 
 

Uninstall PixArt.

A keygen app failed. . . what is it for ?
Code:
5/3/2010 21:24 Application Error Faulting app: Keygen.exe, 
The full WERCON sorted in descending chronological order is attached in Excel - 2003 compatibility mode format.

As was mentioned, the last dump file posted had bugcheck = 0x124 and brought the system down in just 8 seconds. The dump contained no useful information.

Run LoadOrd, from Microsoft TechNet SysInternals --> http://live.sysinternals.com/LoadOrd.exe

Download and save to Desktop. RIGHT-click, select "Run as Administrator". Copy all; paste into Notepad, upload & attach.

Enable boot logging in MSCONFIG.
START | msconfig | "boot tab" | check box for boot logging | Apply, OK

Boot log will be available next boot-up --> c:\windows\ntbtlog.txt

Upload & attach it in addition to LoadOrd.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

.

EDIT: Look harder for PC Tools or other - the presence of so many 0xc0000005 exception codes tells me that either a 3rd party firewall in installed (or remnants exist of one) or RAM is bad. Is all RAM matched?

.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2010   #113
usasma
Microsoft MVP

 
 

How to remove PCTools stuff:
PC Tools Community Forum - View Single Post - Uninstall PCTools problems

Hardware diagnostics:
Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Apr 2010   #114
squall leonhart

Windows 7
 
 

c:/windows/minidump

slashes are the wrong way for a drive:\folder path

edit

uh.... an admin needs to run the cache update tools on the forum stats... i keep getting sent to very old posts in a thread instead of the latest. >.>
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2010   #115
seangalea

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jcgriff2 View Post
Uninstall PixArt.

A keygen app failed. . . what is it for ?
Code:
5/3/2010 21:24 Application Error Faulting app: Keygen.exe, 
The full WERCON sorted in descending chronological order is attached in Excel - 2003 compatibility mode format.

As was mentioned, the last dump file posted had bugcheck = 0x124 and brought the system down in just 8 seconds. The dump contained no useful information.

Run LoadOrd, from Microsoft TechNet SysInternals --> http://live.sysinternals.com/LoadOrd.exe

Download and save to Desktop. RIGHT-click, select "Run as Administrator". Copy all; paste into Notepad, upload & attach.

Enable boot logging in MSCONFIG.
START | msconfig | "boot tab" | check box for boot logging | Apply, OK

Boot log will be available next boot-up --> c:\windows\ntbtlog.txt

Upload & attach it in addition to LoadOrd.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

.

EDIT: Look harder for PC Tools or other - the presence of so many 0xc0000005 exception codes tells me that either a 3rd party firewall in installed (or remnants exist of one) or RAM is bad. Is all RAM matched?

.
Here you go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2010   #116
seangalea

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by usasma View Post
How to remove PCTools stuff:
PC Tools Community Forum - View Single Post - Uninstall PCTools problems

Hardware diagnostics:
Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)
Couldn't find the folders named PC Tools... all I foundwas only one folder... but it didn't contain the files I had to delete
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #117
seangalea

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Another random restart... the problem persists!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #118
YakSipper

Win7
 
 

You have a 0x124 error which is a hardware error. Here is the best way how to troubleshoot and attempt repair:

https://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #119
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seangalea View Post
Another random restart... the problem persists!
And it's going to keep persisting until you learn how to get into your bios. The adjustments needed are fairly simple, yes you can do them yourself.

Usually just hitting the delate key right after you hit the start button "well before Windows starts" will get you there. Other times it's the F1 or some other key. This is something you need to know how to do on your system and it's pretty much standard procedure for setting up a new board, especially an enthusiast board.

I highly suggest you write down those system settings so that I can help you make those adjustments,.... often times it's the only way. I know exactly what to do once you get there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2010   #120
seangalea

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seangalea View Post
Another random restart... the problem persists!
And it's going to keep persisting until you learn how to get into your bios. The adjustments needed are fairly simple, yes you can do them yourself.

Usually just hitting the delate key right after you hit the start button "well before Windows starts" will get you there. Other times it's the F1 or some other key. This is something you need to know how to do on your system and it's pretty much standard procedure for setting up a new board, especially an enthusiast board.

I highly suggest you write down those system settings so that I can help you make those adjustments,.... often times it's the only way. I know exactly what to do once you get there.
I know how to get there... I knew since ever!!

What I don't know is where do I have to go once I get there to find this info...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random Restarting




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Repeated, random BSOD. Will keep restarting until working.
So, I've got a ticking time bomb here...trying to get help as soon as I can. Display driver reset and timeout failed, something like that. On occasion I can't even get to windows before the system crashes. Tried last known good config, windows memory diagnostics, startup repair finds stuff...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD when Restarting/Shutdown Computer.
I recently built my pc and since i installed Windows on it i am having BSOD every now and then i restart or shutdown the computer. It doesn't happen itself (e.g -restarts itself) it only occurs when i manually restart or shutdown the computer and it does it normally to the point the computer...
BSOD Help and Support
Random restarting returns
I was having problems a few months ago, and I ended up rebuilding my whole system after buying an SSD. I didn't have any problems for a few weeks, then I had the odd random restart, then it got more frequent until now it's back to its old tricks, restarting about every other day, sometimes as often...
BSOD Help and Support
Freezing, Random restarting and bsod
I have had nothing but trouble the last few days. I would be playing a game for an 1 quit and then 15 mins it would freeze. It always something different. I never get a bsod or restarting while in game. Instead of me reposting all the things that have happen, I also posted on another forum and...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 Random Restarting at Idle
Hi guys! I've been lurking here for awhile, it just sucks that my first post is with some crappy error. So...I'm killing myself over what could be wrong right now. Basically, Windows restarts randomly when I leave it idle; It could be that I get up to use the bathroom and come back, or I get a...
BSOD Help and Support
Random restarting
I've already read like 15 different threads around Google about this problem but none of them really sounded like my problem. What happens is that sometimes when I'm just using my computer, whether it be gaming or browsing the internet, it will restart randomly. Sometimes it will shut down and...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App