Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD when PC goes into sleep mode

18 Apr 2010   #11
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnion View Post
I also had a problem with my network connection not functioning upon reboot and removing the driver from device manager and Scanning for hardware changes fixed that. It found an older version of the Atheros driver that didn't cause problems. However, this did not fix my sleep mode issue.

I know agree with ickymay that its my antivirus.I am running a trial of Eset smart security. It runs out in a few weeks and I will go back to Avira Antivir. Sleep mode worked fine on Avira.

Eset makes a good antivirus product but Ive had nothing but problems with it on Windows 7 64bit. Before with Nod32 4.0 and now with Smart Security 4.2.
MSE is also very good and stable , don't forget
Quote:
ASACPI.sys is known to cause BSOD's: ASACPI.sys belongs to the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (14/05/2009 is latest available)



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Apr 2010   #12
TheOnion

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnion View Post
I also had a problem with my network connection not functioning upon reboot and removing the driver from device manager and Scanning for hardware changes fixed that. It found an older version of the Atheros driver that didn't cause problems. However, this did not fix my sleep mode issue.

I know agree with ickymay that its my antivirus.I am running a trial of Eset smart security. It runs out in a few weeks and I will go back to Avira Antivir. Sleep mode worked fine on Avira.

Eset makes a good antivirus product but Ive had nothing but problems with it on Windows 7 64bit. Before with Nod32 4.0 and now with Smart Security 4.2.
MSE is also very good and stable , don't forget
Quote:
ASACPI.sys is known to cause BSOD's: ASACPI.sys belongs to the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (14/05/2009 is latest available)
I have heard good things about it. Maximum PC gave it an 8 out of 10 in their recent Antivirus round up. That's really good for a free antivirus product.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2010   #13
TheOnion

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Ok so the plot thickens. I removed ESET smart security and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. I then re enabled sleep mode and walked away from my PC to see if it worked. A few hours later I come back and the PC is not in sleep mode, it's off.

It blue screened again. The latest mini dump file attached.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Apr 2010   #14
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnion View Post
Ok so the plot thickens. I removed ESET smart security and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. I then re enabled sleep mode and walked away from my PC to see if it worked. A few hours later I come back and the PC is not in sleep mode, it's off.

It blue screened again. The latest mini dump file attached.
well it's the same power state failure error so we haven't found the culprit yet although I would advise you don't change too much on your system or revert from what wev'e done yet ?

the next likely candidate I mentioned before is Acronis Disk Backup Software which you need to completely unninstall as you are using an old version which was also known to cause crashes in vista
Quote:
snapman.sys fffff880`01b0e000 fffff880`01b47000 0x00039000 0x46974de0 13/07/2007 11:03:12
tifsfilt.sys fffff880`050a5000 fffff880`050bc000 0x00017000 0x46d56889 29/08/2007 13:37:29
timntr.sys fffff880`01868000 fffff880`01918000 0x000b0000 0x46d568bf 29/08/2007 13:38:23
tdrpman.sys fffff880`01a6b000 fffff880`01aff000 0x00094000 0x4725d229 29/10/2007 13:29:29
as you can see these drivers are from 2007 which predates the introduction of windows 7

do that and monitor for crashes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Apr 2010   #15
TheOnion

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I removed Acronis True image and it still blue screens when going into Sleep mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Apr 2010   #16
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Hello !!

Delete all the Minidump from that folder and Enable Driver Verifier Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #17
TheOnion

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I setup and ran the Driver Verifier. So far nothing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #18
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnion View Post
I setup and ran the Driver Verifier. So far nothing.
post any more .dmp files so we can look for a trend and anymore clues
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #19
TheOnion

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Fresh minidump file for you. I ran the driver verifier for hours and it did not blue screen. It made my system run like mud, but no blue screen. Then I put it in sleep mode because I was sleepy and it did what it always does: Monitor looses signal, backlight LEDs on keyboard go off and it will not come back from sleep. I left it alone and went to bed. In the morning the PC was off so I turned it back on. It booted though BIOS and froze on the loading windows screen. After a reboot it got to the loading windows screen and blue screened. Then it auto rebooted and loaded into windows fine,slow,but fine. I then turned off that cursed verifier and rebooted again. Windows runs like normal now.

Attached if the new mini dump file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Apr 2010   #20
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnion View Post
Fresh minidump file for you. I ran the driver verifier for hours and it did not blue screen. It made my system run like mud, but no blue screen. Then I put it in sleep mode because I was sleepy and it did what it always does: Monitor looses signal, backlight LEDs on keyboard go off and it will not come back from sleep. I left it alone and went to bed. In the morning the PC was off so I turned it back on. It booted though BIOS and froze on the loading windows screen. After a reboot it got to the loading windows screen and blue screened. Then it auto rebooted and loaded into windows fine,slow,but fine. I then turned off that cursed verifier and rebooted again. Windows runs like normal now.

Attached if the new mini dump file.
my thoughts are you have a driver which does not support sleep state and as driver verifier didn't crash or name a driver and this last dump has failed to catch the driver that caused the crash the only thing we can work with is driver age ?

nearly all of your drivers in the crash are from july 2009 and I am confident that they are not going to be the most current ?

please fill out your system specs such as mobo and ram makes and models etc then go to your motherboard manufacturers website and check you have all the latest drivers ?

unninstall Utorrent if you have it and please post a shortlist of your software installed including any third party firewalls etc ?

Oo and for now unninstall speedfan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD when PC goes into sleep mode




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode
Hi, I've had this problem intermittently on my laptop for the past 2 years however it has been occuring more often recently. Basically sometimes when I click the sleep button on Windows 7, the screen fades to black as usual. However the fan keeps running (sounds like when it's on full load) and...
General Discussion
BSOD during sleep mode
In the last few days my computer has started consistently (~50%) blue screening after I've put it to sleep. Upon waking it up it informs me about how it wasn't able to shut down correctly, and once I get to the desktop, about the BSOD that occurred. I'd be grateful if you could assist me in finding...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during sleep mode
Hello I've having problems with BSOD after my computer goes to sleep mode. I haven't had a chance to check it out until now, so there are quite a bit of minidump files that have been accumulated. My computer is about 6 years old. All I've done so far is update drivers for my graphic and sound...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD during sleep mode
Just got a new Dell XPS Studio 7100 about 3 weeks ago. I get random BSOD during sleep mode at random times. BSOD never occurs while I am actively using the computer. This is very annoying and I am afraid I will lose my work at some point! Enclosed zip file contains last 3 minidumps of the...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after sleep mode
Hello, This computer was purchased second hand. I purchased windows 7 about 3 months ago. The previous version was not genuine. - it is 32 bit - previous OS is unknown - OEM is purchased at full retail - age of system is unknown - OS was installed 3 months ago and the windows/old file...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD in sleep mode
My Win 7 professional x64 on a lenovo T500 sometimes restarts during sleep mode and gives me this message: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000009f ...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App