Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Random BSOD on my brand new computer

15 Apr 2010   #1
Jokerswild2412

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
Random BSOD on my brand new computer

Hey guys, I just bought a brand new computer (a Hp G60t-600), updated the drivers, and ever since have been getting BSOD's completely randomly. Sometimes the BSOD will pop up and within a split second the computer restarts, and sometimes it has a physical memory dump. The very first thing I did was update all the drivers I have (literally within 5 minutes of turning on my computer for the first time), so I don't know if it 's the new drivers or not. The only programs I've installed are AVG antivirus, Zonealarm firewall, and spybot search and destroy. I've run memtest86, Western Digital's HD tester, and System Integrity Checker, all saying that there are no problems. I'm including my minidump file, can anyone help me?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Apr 2010   #2
YakSipper

Win7
 
 

AVG is always the cause of problems. Uninstall that and all should be well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2010   #3
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YakSipper View Post
AVG is always the cause of problems. Uninstall that and all should be well.
That's a pretty broad statement. You have anything to back that up?

Thanks

To the OP, sorry I can't be of any help here as I'm not good with dump files, but I'm sure some of my more learned colleagues will chime in.

Sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Apr 2010   #4
YakSipper

Win7
 
 

Yes. The thread starter's report back that all is well after he has removed it from his machine. And the hundreds/thousands of machines I've repaired across the net as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #5
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YakSipper View Post
Yes. The thread starter's report back that all is well after he has removed it from his machine. And the hundreds/thousands of machines I've repaired across the net as well.
OK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #6
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jokerswild2412 View Post
Hey guys, I just bought a brand new computer (a Hp G60t-600), updated the drivers, and ever since have been getting BSOD's completely randomly. Sometimes the BSOD will pop up and within a split second the computer restarts, and sometimes it has a physical memory dump. The very first thing I did was update all the drivers I have (literally within 5 minutes of turning on my computer for the first time), so I don't know if it 's the new drivers or not. The only programs I've installed are AVG antivirus, Zonealarm firewall, and spybot search and destroy. I've run memtest86, Western Digital's HD tester, and System Integrity Checker, all saying that there are no problems. I'm including my minidump file, can anyone help me?
Welcome Jokerswilde,
I have examined your dmp files.
At this stage I would suggest you -

1. remove Zone Alarm Firewall from your new OS.
Z/A removal --> Self-Service Support
Reboot upon completion.
Make sure the Win 7 firewall is activated.
[Re the default Windows Firewall. It's built directly into Windows, runs quietly in the background, and blocks suspicious attacks without requiring you to install any third-party software.]

2. Remove AVG using the appropriate removal tool-
http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-tools
Reboot.
Install MSE --> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Use your system. Should BSOD's persist please let us know. We will then look at further methods to help you.


Thanks.
Jan.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2010   #7
Jokerswild2412

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

ok great, i uninstalled those two programs, what's a good replacement for them that's free?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2010   #8
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jokerswild2412 View Post
ok great, i uninstalled those two programs, what's a good replacement for them that's free?
Jokerswild,
I suggest you refer back to my post above yours. Refer what I said re the Windows7 firewall & MSE. [ Now highlighted in red for you.]
Note MSE is free.

Please let us know how you go............
Jan.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2010   #9
Jokerswild2412

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

so far no BSOD's, then I tried reinstalling AVG, with no BSOD's, and then I reinstalled Zonealarm, and sure enough, it was zonealarm that was giving me the BSOD. Thanks guys for everything!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2010   #10
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jokerswild2412 View Post
so far no BSOD's, then I tried reinstalling AVG, with no BSOD's, and then I reinstalled Zonealarm, and sure enough, it was zonealarm that was giving me the BSOD. Thanks guys for everything!

Thank you for reporting back.
Hopefully now everything will be ok.
Good luck.
Jan.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Random BSOD on my brand new computer




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD on brand new computer
BSOD on brand new computer. Attaching the SF_Diagnostic info here... Things I was probably doing when it happened - - Adobe InDesign - Streaming music on Spotify Thank you!
BSOD Help and Support
Brand New Build - Random BSOD 124
Need some help with this. Brand new build: Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 Z77 G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz CL9 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3 RAID-0 (FW 2.25 on both) Nothing overclocked but running Intel XMPP Installed Win7 SP1 and ran all updates, then random BSOD 124. Could be me just...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD on brand new computer
I'm having random BSODs on my brand new computer: I5-760, 8GB Ram Kingmax (2x4G dual core), video Radeon 6870 1GB, Windows 7 x64 fresh install. I used BlueScreenView but looks like the error code is different every time, so I am a bit lost. I attached all the files required for posting BSODs and...
BSOD Help and Support
Brand new computer BSoD
So, I bought this computer bit by bit at the end of June. The BSoDs got worse and worse while I was trying to figure out the problem. Eventually I decided it was my motherboard and returned it. It didn't come back for 3 weeks, and now that its back, I'm still getting BSoDs. Yeah. I'm in need of...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD's in brand new PC.
Hello, My brand new PC with all the latest gear keeps randomly getting BSOD's. The Blue Screen never appears after launching a particular program, or anything of that sort. Adding to that, there is never a similar error. It's always another system file which is causing everything to crash. I...
BSOD Help and Support
Brand new computer, Brand new windows 7.. no wireless?
I just unpacked my custom build and got it turned on.. went to try and get the internet working, and for the life of me.. i can't figure it out. I don't even have a little wireless bar down in the right hand corner. when i try to connect to a network in network and sharing center, it wants me to...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App