Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: NEW PC HARDWARE BSODS - minidumps in

27 Apr 2010   #11
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

That's good. Now follow these instructions for enabling Verifier: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Apr 2010   #12
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
That's good. Now follow these instructions for enabling Verifier: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers
Thanks for coming!!! I'll enable Driver Verifier one more time. Hope no more BSODs... Those described at posts #7 and #8 are too much for me... Could you analyse them?!

Thanks one more time!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Apr 2010   #13
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

No .. Your not doing anything worng. Memory.dmp would be large with lot of stuffs in it which we really don't want that's why we changed to Minidump. When we analysis the Dump files it will say whether its Driver Verifer enabled ones or not. !!

- Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Apr 2010   #14
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
No .. Your not doing anything worng. Memory.dmp would be large with lot of stuffs in it which we really don't want that's why we changed to Minidump. When we analysis the Dump files it will say whether its Driver Verifer enabled ones or not. !!

- Captain
Hummm... Thanks for clarifying! I'll "reenable" Driver Verifier and see what happens... 36 hours?! Even after first, second, etc BSODs?!...

Thanks for your time!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Apr 2010   #15
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Here we go again: "rtkvhd64.sys" was the guilty but seems to be not alone... I'm in Safe Mode now, 'cause there's no other way right now. Should I uninstall Realtek HD Audio Driver and continue with Driver Verifier?!
That is minidumps:



My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Apr 2010   #16
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Here we go again: "rtkvhd64.sys" was the guilty but seems to be not alone... I'm in Safe Mode now, 'cause there's no other way right now. Should I uninstall Realtek HD Audio Driver and continue with Driver Verifier?!
That is minidumps:



Yes !! First follow this Tutorial Turn off Windows 7 Automatic Driver Installation | WindowsObserver.com and disable Windows Automatic Driver installation. Then remove the Realtek Drivers completely then let the Computer to run for few hours and see whether you have the same problem. If that works without crashes then follow this thread and download the lastest verision of Drivers Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version by the way these Dump was not detected by Driver Verifier.

Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Apr 2010   #17
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Here we go again: "rtkvhd64.sys" was the guilty but seems to be not alone... I'm in Safe Mode now, 'cause there's no other way right now. Should I uninstall Realtek HD Audio Driver and continue with Driver Verifier?!
That is minidumps:



Yes !! First follow this Tutorial Turn off Windows 7 Automatic Driver Installation | WindowsObserver.com and disable Windows Automatic Driver installation. Then remove the Realtek Drivers completely then let the Computer to run for few hours and see whether you have the same problem. If that works without crashes then follow this thread and download the lastest verision of Drivers Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version by the way these Dump was not detected by Driver Verifier.

Hope this helps,
Captain

Automatic driver installation is off now. Realtek driver will be uninstalled... but it was downloaded from Realtek website, not from Gigabyte... so, should I reintall it if I face no more crashes?!...
Let us see what happens!!!

Thanks for help and atention!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Apr 2010   #18
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

But, just in case:
DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL =
rtkvhd64.sys



My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #19
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Let's start from beginning:
BSODs happens this way: as today, I turn pc on and use it 'till 2pm - turn it off and the no break too. At 3h32pm I turn it on and there comes another BSOD. System restarts and normally, no safe mode. And here I'm. I could use pc all day long, play games, do everything and it won't crash... but, if I turn it off and turn it on later, I'll probably face a BSOD. All drivers are up-to-date.
I really need to discover what's going on here, please!!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #20
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

You may want to remove Avast. Uninstall it using Programs and Features, and run its cleanup utility: http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Then download and install Microsoft Security Essentials.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 NEW PC HARDWARE BSODS - minidumps in




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSODs (No Minidumps, Driver Verifier freezes OS on boot)
So I've been getting BSODs lately. I would get the occasional one, but lately I've been able to have them happen without fail when trying to both host and play on a Minecraft server. I did 2 passes with Windows' 'Diagnose your computer's memory problems' tool and it found no error, so I assume...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs, New Computer Build, minidumps included
This is my first computer build, completed in September. Desktop has been used infrequently but will need to be used daily here soon. This computer is primarily going to be used for flash animation and video editing. There has been no pattern when receiving a BSOD. From what I can recall,...
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs - finding a reason (+minidumps)
Hello, I keep having BSODs for quite a long time. Basicly since I have this computer (5 months). Usually it happens during rendering, playing a game or if computer is running for a long time. I tried to find out the reason for myself, but I don't understand it too much and usually it says a...
BSOD Help and Support
Help me with Win 7 64-bit endless BSODs - minidumps
So many! Can't take it anymore! I installed win 7 64 bit few weeks ago and I had allot of Random BSOD since! 50 Minidumps included: Salvege me from the situation! Thank you so much.
BSOD Help and Support
Memory Management BSODs + Minidumps
Hi, For the past month I've been having an absolute nightmare in regards to Bluescreens on a new build. Originally I thought that a faulty stick of ram (Failed Memtest) was the problem but even after replacing the stick I'm still plagued with BSODs whenever the computer attempts anything to...
BSOD Help and Support
I'm back, more new, sudden BSODs three minidumps
Hello you 7 gurus. I'm back with some new minidump files. Any help you ppl can give me would be greatly appreciated. BTW, no commonality to give you on these other than the computer was at rest(not in use). It was not sleeping or in hibernation, just resting. Wish I could give you more help. I...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:11.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App