Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: NEW PC HARDWARE BSODS - minidumps in

28 Apr 2010   #21
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
You may want to remove Avast. Uninstall it using Programs and Features, and run its cleanup utility: http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Then download and install Microsoft Security Essentials.
Why?! Avast was the guilty?!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Apr 2010   #22
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Let's start from beginning:
BSODs happens this way: as today, I turn pc on and use it 'till 2pm - turn it off and the no break too. At 3h32pm I turn it on and there comes another BSOD. System restarts and normally, no safe mode. And here I'm. I could use pc all day long, play games, do everything and it won't crash... but, if I turn it off and turn it on later, I'll probably face a BSOD. All drivers are up-to-date.
I really need to discover what's going on here, please!!!



This was probably caused by pool corruption (memory), but I did notice aswmonflt.sys (Your avast AV) was loaded at the time.

I would test the memory by downloading memtestx86 and running it for at least 5 passes.

I would also un-install avast and install MSE in its place

Let us know if you need help with it

Ken




Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\042810-21715-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c67000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ea4e50
Debug session time: Wed Apr 28 14:31:38.208 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:45.504
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
...............................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
.....
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa800397daa0, fffbfa800397daa0, fffffa800397daa0}

Unable to load image aswMonFlt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+536 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, the pool freelist is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa800397daa0, the pool entry being checked.
Arg3: fffbfa800397daa0, the read back flink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
Arg4: fffffa800397daa0, the read back blink freelist value (should be the same as 2).

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  0x19_3

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  CCC.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002e0ad6f to fffff80002cd7600

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`0a155688 fffff800`02e0ad6f : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0397daa0 fffbfa80`0397daa0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a155690 fffff800`02cff8f4 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07d18f90 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000000 : nt!ExFreePool+0x536
fffff880`0a155780 fffff800`02d00e14 : fffffa80`04645200 00000000`00000040 fffff6fc`c0083800 fffff880`0a155880 : nt!MiAddViewsForSection+0x1d4
fffff880`0a155810 fffff800`02d002d7 : fffff8a0`02b57eb0 fffff880`02f64830 fffff880`0a1559b8 fffff8a0`0237d8e0 : nt!MmMapViewInSystemCache+0x194
fffff880`0a155980 fffff800`02cf6170 : fffff980`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!CcGetVacbMiss+0x177
fffff880`0a155a40 fffff800`02ff58d2 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0a155b10 fffff880`0a155ba0 : nt!CcGetVirtualAddress+0x1b0
fffff880`0a155ad0 fffff880`01219fc0 : fffff8a0`00000000 00000000`00000005 fffffa80`07d15420 fffff880`0126d001 : nt!CcCopyRead+0x132
fffff880`0a155b90 fffff880`0121e303 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`02b59140 fffff880`0a155dc0 00000000`00000001 : Ntfs!NtfsCachedRead+0x180
fffff880`0a155bf0 fffff880`01220f78 : fffffa80`07d15420 fffff980`150f6c10 fffff880`0a155d01 fffffa80`06400000 : Ntfs!NtfsCommonRead+0x583
fffff880`0a155d90 fffff800`0317dc16 : fffff980`150f6c10 fffff980`150f6c10 fffffa80`06400030 fffffa80`07cab2a0 : Ntfs!NtfsFsdRead+0x1b8
fffff880`0a155e40 fffff880`0111523f : fffff980`150f6fb0 fffff880`0a155ee0 fffffa80`077e48c0 fffffa80`07cab2a0 : nt!IovCallDriver+0x566
fffff880`0a155ea0 fffff880`0111794a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`077e48c0 : fltmgr!FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted+0x24f
fffff880`0a155f30 fffff880`01124204 : fffffa80`07225020 00000000`00000019 fffffa80`05995800 00000000`00000000 : fltmgr!FltPerformSynchronousIo+0x2ca
fffff880`0a155fd0 fffff880`011543b6 : fffffa80`07d18010 fffff880`0a1561e0 00000000`00000400 00000000`00000004 : fltmgr!FltReadFile+0x334
fffff880`0a1560b0 fffff880`06bc4cf7 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0a156180 fffffa80`0722b9e0 fffffa80`07ba97d0 : fltmgr!FltvReadFile+0xa6
fffff880`0a156120 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`0a156180 fffffa80`0722b9e0 fffffa80`07ba97d0 fffffa80`07d18010 : aswMonFlt+0x2cf7


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
nt!ExFreePool+536
fffff800`02e0ad6f cc              int     3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1

SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!ExFreePool+536

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  Pool_corruption

IMAGE_NAME:  Pool_Corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

MODULE_NAME: Pool_Corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x19_3_nt!ExFreePool+536

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x19_3_nt!ExFreePool+536

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #23
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Let's start from beginning:
BSODs happens this way: as today, I turn pc on and use it 'till 2pm - turn it off and the no break too. At 3h32pm I turn it on and there comes another BSOD. System restarts and normally, no safe mode. And here I'm. I could use pc all day long, play games, do everything and it won't crash... but, if I turn it off and turn it on later, I'll probably face a BSOD. All drivers are up-to-date.
I really need to discover what's going on here, please!!!



This was probably caused by pool corruption (memory), but I did notice aswmonflt.sys (Your avast AV) was loaded at the time.

I would test the memory by downloading memtestx86 and running it for at least 5 passes.

I would also un-install avast and install MSE in its place

Let us know if you need help with it

Ken




Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\042810-21715-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c67000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ea4e50
Debug session time: Wed Apr 28 14:31:38.208 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:45.504
Loading Kernel Symbols
...............................................................
................................................................
...............................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
.....
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa800397daa0, fffbfa800397daa0, fffffa800397daa0}

Unable to load image aswMonFlt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+536 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, the pool freelist is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa800397daa0, the pool entry being checked.
Arg3: fffbfa800397daa0, the read back flink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
Arg4: fffffa800397daa0, the read back blink freelist value (should be the same as 2).

Debugging Details:
------------------


BUGCHECK_STR:  0x19_3

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  CCC.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002e0ad6f to fffff80002cd7600

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff880`0a155688 fffff800`02e0ad6f : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0397daa0 fffbfa80`0397daa0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a155690 fffff800`02cff8f4 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07d18f90 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000000 : nt!ExFreePool+0x536
fffff880`0a155780 fffff800`02d00e14 : fffffa80`04645200 00000000`00000040 fffff6fc`c0083800 fffff880`0a155880 : nt!MiAddViewsForSection+0x1d4
fffff880`0a155810 fffff800`02d002d7 : fffff8a0`02b57eb0 fffff880`02f64830 fffff880`0a1559b8 fffff8a0`0237d8e0 : nt!MmMapViewInSystemCache+0x194
fffff880`0a155980 fffff800`02cf6170 : fffff980`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!CcGetVacbMiss+0x177
fffff880`0a155a40 fffff800`02ff58d2 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0a155b10 fffff880`0a155ba0 : nt!CcGetVirtualAddress+0x1b0
fffff880`0a155ad0 fffff880`01219fc0 : fffff8a0`00000000 00000000`00000005 fffffa80`07d15420 fffff880`0126d001 : nt!CcCopyRead+0x132
fffff880`0a155b90 fffff880`0121e303 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`02b59140 fffff880`0a155dc0 00000000`00000001 : Ntfs!NtfsCachedRead+0x180
fffff880`0a155bf0 fffff880`01220f78 : fffffa80`07d15420 fffff980`150f6c10 fffff880`0a155d01 fffffa80`06400000 : Ntfs!NtfsCommonRead+0x583
fffff880`0a155d90 fffff800`0317dc16 : fffff980`150f6c10 fffff980`150f6c10 fffffa80`06400030 fffffa80`07cab2a0 : Ntfs!NtfsFsdRead+0x1b8
fffff880`0a155e40 fffff880`0111523f : fffff980`150f6fb0 fffff880`0a155ee0 fffffa80`077e48c0 fffffa80`07cab2a0 : nt!IovCallDriver+0x566
fffff880`0a155ea0 fffff880`0111794a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`077e48c0 : fltmgr!FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted+0x24f
fffff880`0a155f30 fffff880`01124204 : fffffa80`07225020 00000000`00000019 fffffa80`05995800 00000000`00000000 : fltmgr!FltPerformSynchronousIo+0x2ca
fffff880`0a155fd0 fffff880`011543b6 : fffffa80`07d18010 fffff880`0a1561e0 00000000`00000400 00000000`00000004 : fltmgr!FltReadFile+0x334
fffff880`0a1560b0 fffff880`06bc4cf7 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0a156180 fffffa80`0722b9e0 fffffa80`07ba97d0 : fltmgr!FltvReadFile+0xa6
fffff880`0a156120 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`0a156180 fffffa80`0722b9e0 fffffa80`07ba97d0 fffffa80`07d18010 : aswMonFlt+0x2cf7


STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
nt!ExFreePool+536
fffff800`02e0ad6f cc              int     3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1

SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!ExFreePool+536

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  Pool_corruption

IMAGE_NAME:  Pool_Corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

MODULE_NAME: Pool_Corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x19_3_nt!ExFreePool+536

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x19_3_nt!ExFreePool+536

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------
I'll follow your advices. How about BSODs MO - modus operandi?!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Apr 2010   #24
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

One more BSOD... is it news?! I don't think so... Same BSOD M.O.: turn pc off for few hours; turn it on and...
Can anybody take a look at minidump, please?!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #25
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

I do notice in the last three DMP's the CCC.exe (the catalyst control panel) was loaded. Did you completely remove the old driver before reinstalling the new one?


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #26
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
I do notice in the last three DMP's the CCC.exe (the catalyst control panel) was loaded. Did you completely remove the old driver before reinstalling the new one?


Ken
No... I install it one upon another... Should I uninstall each mobo driver before update it?!

Thanks for helping!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #27
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
I do notice in the last three DMP's the CCC.exe (the catalyst control panel) was loaded. Did you completely remove the old driver before reinstalling the new one?


Ken
No... I install it one upon another... Should I uninstall each mobo driver before update it?!

Thanks for helping!!!
You need to go to your video drivers site and find their un-install tool. use it to remove everything, and just install the driver back, not the control panel, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #28
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

All ATI components were removed. Driver Sweeper under Safe Mode. Reinstall JUST video driver. Three boot ups towards this process, as required. Turn pc off. Turn it on one hour later... what happened?!...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #29
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
All ATI components were removed. Driver Sweeper under Safe Mode. Reinstall JUST video driver. Three boot ups towards this process, as required. Turn pc off. Turn it on one hour later... what happened?!...


Nothing has changed. there is almost nothing in this dmp to help you. This particular bug check is Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory.

We have asked you to test the memory, to run a system file check.

If you are overclocking stop

then if you still have them you are going to need to run driver verifier. before you do you will need to have a restore point and a backup, plus a win 7 dvd.

Let us know when you have them.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #30
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wallonn7 View Post
All ATI components were removed. Driver Sweeper under Safe Mode. Reinstall JUST video driver. Three boot ups towards this process, as required. Turn pc off. Turn it on one hour later... what happened?!...


Nothing has changed. there is almost nothing in this dmp to help you. This particular bug check is Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory.

We have asked you to test the memory, to run a system file check.

If you are overclocking stop

then if you still have them you are going to need to run driver verifier. before you do you will need to have a restore point and a backup, plus a win 7 dvd.

Let us know when you have them.

Ken
I'll test memory tomorrow.

Sfc /scannow begins and suddenly goes to 78% ( ?! )... and found no problem - as you may see at attachment.

No O.C.. I've just rise ram voltage to 1.515v, 'cause at defaults 1.500v, BIOS shows 1.488v. After rise to 1.515v, BIOS shows 1.505v now.

Driver Verifier is running since post #13, or yesterday tonight. All latest BSODs came under Driver Verifier running.

Thanks a lot for helping!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 NEW PC HARDWARE BSODS - minidumps in




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSODs (No Minidumps, Driver Verifier freezes OS on boot)
So I've been getting BSODs lately. I would get the occasional one, but lately I've been able to have them happen without fail when trying to both host and play on a Minecraft server. I did 2 passes with Windows' 'Diagnose your computer's memory problems' tool and it found no error, so I assume...
BSOD Help and Support
Random BSODs, New Computer Build, minidumps included
This is my first computer build, completed in September. Desktop has been used infrequently but will need to be used daily here soon. This computer is primarily going to be used for flash animation and video editing. There has been no pattern when receiving a BSOD. From what I can recall,...
BSOD Help and Support
BSODs - finding a reason (+minidumps)
Hello, I keep having BSODs for quite a long time. Basicly since I have this computer (5 months). Usually it happens during rendering, playing a game or if computer is running for a long time. I tried to find out the reason for myself, but I don't understand it too much and usually it says a...
BSOD Help and Support
Help me with Win 7 64-bit endless BSODs - minidumps
So many! Can't take it anymore! I installed win 7 64 bit few weeks ago and I had allot of Random BSOD since! 50 Minidumps included: Salvege me from the situation! Thank you so much.
BSOD Help and Support
Memory Management BSODs + Minidumps
Hi, For the past month I've been having an absolute nightmare in regards to Bluescreens on a new build. Originally I thought that a faulty stick of ram (Failed Memtest) was the problem but even after replacing the stick I'm still plagued with BSODs whenever the computer attempts anything to...
BSOD Help and Support
I'm back, more new, sudden BSODs three minidumps
Hello you 7 gurus. I'm back with some new minidump files. Any help you ppl can give me would be greatly appreciated. BTW, no commonality to give you on these other than the computer was at rest(not in use). It was not sleeping or in hibernation, just resting. Wish I could give you more help. I...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App