Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD, whats the cause?

30 Apr 2010   #1
KaelonLloyd

Windows 7, Ubuntu 9.10
 
 
BSOD, whats the cause?

Recently i have been getting numerous BSOD and i don't know whats causing them.

I have had 3 BSOD in the past week, 2 happened when trying to use procaster(livestream) and the other happened when i tried installing a 3rd party driver to my Ralink RT61 (After this BSOD i had to go into recovery mode and restore to an ealier date).

Can anyone tell me what is causing these BSOD and how to resolve them. Could an inadequete PSU cause BSOD (350W)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Apr 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KaelonLloyd View Post
Recently i have been getting numerous BSOD and i don't know whats causing them.

I have had 3 BSOD in the past week, 2 happened when trying to use procaster(livestream) and the other happened when i tried installing a 3rd party driver to my Ralink RT61 (After this BSOD i had to go into recovery mode and restore to an ealier date).

Can anyone tell me what is causing these BSOD and how to resolve them. Could an inadequete PSU cause BSOD (350W)
These both were caused by your almost 3year old ahteros wlink driver. I would update it.


Code:
042710-34226-01.dmp    4/27/2010 5:04:19 PM    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED    0x0000001e    ffffffff`c0000005    fffff880`07161841    00000000`00000000    ffffffff`ffffffff    athrxu6.sys    athrxu6.sys+76841                    x64        C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\042710-34226-01.dmp    4    15    7600    
043010-17862-01.dmp    4/30/2010 2:14:37 PM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    00000000`0000f0d1    00000000`00000002    00000000`00000000    fffff880`0790d841    athrxu6.sys    athrxu6.sys+76841                    x64        C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\043010-17862-01.dmp    4    15    7600
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #3
KaelonLloyd

Windows 7, Ubuntu 9.10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KaelonLloyd View Post
Recently i have been getting numerous BSOD and i don't know whats causing them.

I have had 3 BSOD in the past week, 2 happened when trying to use procaster(livestream) and the other happened when i tried installing a 3rd party driver to my Ralink RT61 (After this BSOD i had to go into recovery mode and restore to an ealier date).

Can anyone tell me what is causing these BSOD and how to resolve them. Could an inadequete PSU cause BSOD (350W)
These both were caused by your almost 3year old ahteros wlink driver. I would update it.


Code:
042710-34226-01.dmp    4/27/2010 5:04:19 PM    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED    0x0000001e    ffffffff`c0000005    fffff880`07161841    00000000`00000000    ffffffff`ffffffff    athrxu6.sys    athrxu6.sys+76841                    x64        C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\042710-34226-01.dmp    4    15    7600    
043010-17862-01.dmp    4/30/2010 2:14:37 PM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    00000000`0000f0d1    00000000`00000002    00000000`00000000    fffff880`0790d841    athrxu6.sys    athrxu6.sys+76841                    x64        C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\043010-17862-01.dmp    4    15    7600
Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Apr 2010   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KaelonLloyd View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KaelonLloyd View Post
Recently i have been getting numerous BSOD and i don't know whats causing them.

I have had 3 BSOD in the past week, 2 happened when trying to use procaster(livestream) and the other happened when i tried installing a 3rd party driver to my Ralink RT61 (After this BSOD i had to go into recovery mode and restore to an ealier date).

Can anyone tell me what is causing these BSOD and how to resolve them. Could an inadequete PSU cause BSOD (350W)
These both were caused by your almost 3year old ahteros wlink driver. I would update it.


Code:
042710-34226-01.dmp    4/27/2010 5:04:19 PM    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED    0x0000001e    ffffffff`c0000005    fffff880`07161841    00000000`00000000    ffffffff`ffffffff    athrxu6.sys    athrxu6.sys+76841                    x64        C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\042710-34226-01.dmp    4    15    7600    
043010-17862-01.dmp    4/30/2010 2:14:37 PM    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL    0x000000d1    00000000`0000f0d1    00000000`00000002    00000000`00000000    fffff880`0790d841    athrxu6.sys    athrxu6.sys+76841                    x64        C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\043010-17862-01.dmp    4    15    7600
Thank you
No problem, thats why we are here.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD, whats the cause?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD at Random times - No idea whats causing it
Hey all , I have used the dm log collector program to collect all the log files , file dumps ect so you guys can have a look. I have recently installed a new gpu , but i have updated the drivers along with every other driver on my pc. I also installed a new psu but i was getting this random...
BSOD Help and Support
i'm having radnom Bsod have no clue whats causing it crash log inside
i have no clue what is causing this can some 1 please assist me windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601 windows dir: C:\Windows Hardware: MS-7918, MSI, Z97 GAMING 3 (MS-7918) CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6 4 logical...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD after leaveing a game dunno whats wrong 0x50
this is log from whocrash On Thu 04/09/2014 10:38:00 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090414-12573-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: cdd.dll (0xFFFFF9600069DC51) Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF900C29787A0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF9600069DC51,...
BSOD Help and Support
Keep getting BSOD on new computer don't know whats going on.
I have a computer running 64bit windows 7 home premium. I built it new in late October and I keep getting these BSODs, I really don't know what is causing it, it happens randomly and I have not pinpointed a specific task that triggers it. I ran a full diagnostic on my computer but I didn't find any...
BSOD Help and Support
Cant figure out whats causing BSOD
I built my own computer back in January and it ran perfect until a few months ago when I started randomly getting BSOD. my computer will crash when im playing games, music, browsing the wed and even idling. I tried reading the dump file but I don't really know how to read it. I thought it was a bad...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD, can somebody look at the dmp file and tell me whats up
Ok I tried everything I could think of, can somebody please look at my dump file and tell me whats wrong?
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:34.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App