Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD Help

15 May 2010   #1
zxc

Windows 7 Ultimate x84
 
 
BSOD Help

Hello SevenForums, I've been having computer troubles for months now and I have finally decided to seek help. With that said, I hope you don't mind lending your knowledge to a forum newbie.

As the title suggests, I've been getting frequent BSODs (99% of the time it being a STOP 0x0000007F and maybe twice 0x0000050) for some time now and I'm not sure what the problem is. I have quite a few dmp files (including two brand new ones created just today) but I'm not sure how I can upload them for you all to see, when I try to use the built-in "Attach Files" feature on here, it says "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission." despite this being the only account on this computer so it's definitely the root admin account and I shouldn't be getting such an error.

What I can do is give you the information that Event Viewer provides, I'll paste the most recent critical error into notepad and attach it. As you might be able to gather from the text doc, it's a critical, system error that lists the source as "Kernel-Power" and Event ID 41. Honestly, I have no idea what any of this means so if anyone can shed some light as to what the issue might be, that would be great because, looking back, it looks like 100% of the BSODs are like this.

Now for some information on when/how the error actually occurs. It seems to occur when I'm running high-stress programs that use flash or java but there are some flash based things using a fair bit of memory that I can run for hours without any trouble unless I try to watch a movie at the same time or something like that. I think it'd be best to take a look at some of my minidumps to see what it is that's failing so if someone can let me know how to upload a few for public viewing, that would be very helpful.

Originally I thought the problem was RAM (I have two sticks, 1GB each) but I encountered the BSOD with both sticks running individually and ruled out RAM as I thought it was unusual for both sticks to be bad, though I suppose it's possible? After that, I noticed the fan above the heatsink was running very slowly so I thought I might have been having some heat problems there and replaced it but the BSOD continued to occur. For the record, I've completely wiped my hard drive, reformatted and reinstalled Vista and Windows 7 at least three times and still the BSOD persisted, on both operating systems.

Finally, I'll post some computer specs if that helps:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 300 GB (16MB Cache 7200RPM Sata II/300)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Sound Card: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)


I'll stop rambling now. Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer support and I apologize if this thread is in the wrong section.

Edit: I just realized that there's a section for crashes, BSODs and the sort so if a mod or admin could move this thread, it'd be greatly appreciated. Suppose I should have looked a little harder.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 May 2010   #2
Tepid

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote:
I've completely wiped my hard drive, reformatted and reinstalled Vista and Windows 7 at least three times and still the BSOD persisted, on both operating systems.
Unfortunately, the 0x0000007F error is really a vague error. It could be any number of things wrong.

Due to the statement above,, I am going to say with most certainty that .....

A. Driver Issues with whatever Mobo you have... orrrrr

B. You definitely have bad hardware and need to run some diags,,, starting with memory Diags

Trouble Shooting - Running Diags ... Read Both of these completely through and follow them as precisely as possible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2010   #3
zxc

Windows 7 Ultimate x84
 
 

Thanks Tepid, I'll look into that link you posted and run the diagnostic tests. I should be able to report the results within a day or two. Meanwhile, if anyone else has any potentially helpful information, I wouldn't mind hearing it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 May 2010   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zxc View Post
Hello SevenForums, I've been having computer troubles for months now and I have finally decided to seek help. With that said, I hope you don't mind lending your knowledge to a forum newbie.

As the title suggests, I've been getting frequent BSODs (99% of the time it being a STOP 0x0000007F and maybe twice 0x0000050) for some time now and I'm not sure what the problem is. I have quite a few dmp files (including two brand new ones created just today) but I'm not sure how I can upload them for you all to see, when I try to use the built-in "Attach Files" feature on here, it says "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission." despite this being the only account on this computer so it's definitely the root admin account and I shouldn't be getting such an error.

What I can do is give you the information that Event Viewer provides, I'll paste the most recent critical error into notepad and attach it. As you might be able to gather from the text doc, it's a critical, system error that lists the source as "Kernel-Power" and Event ID 41. Honestly, I have no idea what any of this means so if anyone can shed some light as to what the issue might be, that would be great because, looking back, it looks like 100% of the BSODs are like this.

Now for some information on when/how the error actually occurs. It seems to occur when I'm running high-stress programs that use flash or java but there are some flash based things using a fair bit of memory that I can run for hours without any trouble unless I try to watch a movie at the same time or something like that. I think it'd be best to take a look at some of my minidumps to see what it is that's failing so if someone can let me know how to upload a few for public viewing, that would be very helpful.

Originally I thought the problem was RAM (I have two sticks, 1GB each) but I encountered the BSOD with both sticks running individually and ruled out RAM as I thought it was unusual for both sticks to be bad, though I suppose it's possible? After that, I noticed the fan above the heatsink was running very slowly so I thought I might have been having some heat problems there and replaced it but the BSOD continued to occur. For the record, I've completely wiped my hard drive, reformatted and reinstalled Vista and Windows 7 at least three times and still the BSOD persisted, on both operating systems.

Finally, I'll post some computer specs if that helps:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 300 GB (16MB Cache 7200RPM Sata II/300)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Sound Card: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)


I'll stop rambling now. Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer support and I apologize if this thread is in the wrong section.

Edit: I just realized that there's a section for crashes, BSODs and the sort so if a mod or admin could move this thread, it'd be greatly appreciated. Suppose I should have looked a little harder.

We need the actual DMP file created when your machine crashed. Use these instructions to find and upload it to us. https://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2010   #5
zxc

Windows 7 Ultimate x84
 
 

I've attached all of the dmp files created today, thanks Ken!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2010   #6
zxc

Windows 7 Ultimate x84
 
 

Sorry, it's taken me a while to respond, I've been busy this past week but I managed to run those tests and they didn't turn up anything unusual. Any other ideas? The minidumps are still there for people to look at.

Edit:This is really starting to annoy me, here are the minidumps just from today.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2010   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zxc View Post
Sorry, it's taken me a while to respond, I've been busy this past week but I managed to run those tests and they didn't turn up anything unusual. Any other ideas? The minidumps are still there for people to look at.

Edit:This is really starting to annoy me, here are the minidumps just from today.

Doing them now. Most recent 5 from old ZIP

these were caused by amdk8.sys your AMD processor driver. To fix you are going to have to update your BIOS. Before you do backup the current one, make a restore point, and wave a win 7 dvd handy



Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat May 15 20:45:52.669 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:02:32.323
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat May 15 17:52:41.563 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:02.358
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000001
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_00000001
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat May 15 11:10:05.486 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:54:33.280
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : amdk8.sys ( amdk8!C1Halt+4 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
PROCESS_NAME:  System
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat May 15 04:06:44.431 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:51:10.210
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : amdk8.sys ( amdk8!C1Halt+4 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
PROCESS_NAME:  System
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat May 15 03:14:58.317 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:27.112
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : amdk8.sys ( amdk8!C1Halt+4 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
PROCESS_NAME:  System
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2010   #8
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Newset DMP's identical AMD processor driver


Code:
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:49.697
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:11.048
System Uptime: 0 days 1:50:44.555
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:30.408
System Uptime: 0 days 4:18:19.629
System Uptime: 0 days 0:20:35.190
System Uptime: 0 days 2:39:31.182
System Uptime: 0 days 0:44:09.177
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:39.182
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:
[font=lucida console]
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue May 25 23:26:20.042 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:49.697
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : amdk8.sys ( amdk8!C1Halt+4 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
PROCESS_NAME:  System
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue May 25 23:11:54.253 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:11.048
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : amdk8.sys ( amdk8!C1Halt+4 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
PROCESS_NAME:  System
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_004ea718
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_004ea718
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue May 25 23:07:45.776 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:50:44.555
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_004ea718
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_004ea718
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue May 25 20:08:24.738 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:30.408
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue May 25 20:28:49.303 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:18:19.629
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88004e7ad28, fffff88004e7a590, fffff880012d9a91}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsFindPrefix+121 )
PROCESS_NAME:  SwgClient_r.ex
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x24
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue May 25 19:29:06.411 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:20:35.190
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue May 25 18:42:24.528 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:39:31.182
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : amdk8.sys ( amdk8!C1Halt+4 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
PROCESS_NAME:  System
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue May 25 03:23:51.398 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:44:09.177
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : amdk8.sys ( amdk8!C1Halt+4 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
PROCESS_NAME:  System
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00034fa7
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_00034fa7
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue May 25 02:39:09.403 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:39.182
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00034fa7
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_00034fa7
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7f_d
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2010   #9
zxc

Windows 7 Ultimate x84
 
 

Thank you very much zigzag, I appreciate you taking the time to analyze the minidumps. Now that we seem to have identified the problem, I can work on the solution and hopefully say goodbye to those BSODs. Just need to find the right update now. I'll get back you guys if I need any help or to let you know if the problem has been resolved, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2010   #10
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zxc View Post
Thank you very much zigzag, I appreciate you taking the time to analyze the minidumps. Now that we seem to have identified the problem, I can work on the solution and hopefully say goodbye to those BSODs. Just need to find the right update now. I'll get back you guys if I need any help or to let you know if the problem has been resolved, etc.


No problem thats what we are here for. BTW You are not overclocking, correct?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD Help




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

й Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:31.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App