Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't load my desktop

17 Jun 2010   #11
RegiKing

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

I'm using TuneUp Utilities.

I just tried reverting the style back to the default but as soon as I opened that option, windows went crazy and the whole problem started again. It threw me to the log in screen and haven' been able to normal boot again.

Btw, I can't seem to start bootcfg in safe mode, nothing happens when I start the program.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Jun 2010   #12
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RegiKing View Post
Sorry for posting a lot, but I just know found what the problem is. As said in my first post, TuneUp had something to do, I installed a third-party windows 7 style and apparently that is what makes my computer unable to pass the log on screen. Anyone got any ideas on how I might be able to fix this? I can't use Aero themes or anything, the theme appearing is the simplest it can be...
Can you make a new user?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #13
RegiKing

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RegiKing View Post
Sorry for posting a lot, but I just know found what the problem is. As said in my first post, TuneUp had something to do, I installed a third-party windows 7 style and apparently that is what makes my computer unable to pass the log on screen. Anyone got any ideas on how I might be able to fix this? I can't use Aero themes or anything, the theme appearing is the simplest it can be...
Can you make a new user?
yup though what will I do with it?

well created a new user with administrative privileges and once I try to start with that user it tell me "User service profile cannot start. User profile cannot be loaded" (this is a translation)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jun 2010   #14
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RegiKing View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RegiKing View Post
Sorry for posting a lot, but I just know found what the problem is. As said in my first post, TuneUp had something to do, I installed a third-party windows 7 style and apparently that is what makes my computer unable to pass the log on screen. Anyone got any ideas on how I might be able to fix this? I can't use Aero themes or anything, the theme appearing is the simplest it can be...
Can you make a new user?
yup though what will I do with it?

At some point you are going to have to start thinking about a clean install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #15
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RegiKing View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RegiKing View Post
Sorry for posting a lot, but I just know found what the problem is. As said in my first post, TuneUp had something to do, I installed a third-party windows 7 style and apparently that is what makes my computer unable to pass the log on screen. Anyone got any ideas on how I might be able to fix this? I can't use Aero themes or anything, the theme appearing is the simplest it can be...
Can you make a new user?
yup though what will I do with it?
Did the setting work OK in the new user?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #16
RegiKing

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RegiKing View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post

Can you make a new user?
yup though what will I do with it?
Did the setting work OK in the new user?
new user can't even log in, saying the error I mentioned in my last post.

By the way, is there any other program that can manage windows style? Perhaps I might be able to get rid of this broken style through any other program.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #17
Drewbie

Win7 Ultimate (32) & Win7 Pro (64)
 
 

I had a similar problem a while back you need to uninstall tune up utilities and then start regedit go to edit and find and search for tune-up utilities or go to hkey local machine software and browse to anything associated with the program and delete them from you're system I would then go to windows resources and delete anything there that has to do with themes downloaded by the program ....After all this set a restore point before rebooting

I still dont really get it though you cant go to personalization and run a high contrast old school visual style .... never experienced that

Alternatively reinstall tuneup utilities right on top of the existing installation
to try and rectify the corrupt file thats all it is there's a corrupt file somewhere
messin stuff up maybe try that first before all the other stuff
If that doesn't work remove every trace of the program from your system set a restore point back up yer most important files while your in and reboot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #18
RegiKing

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
I had a similar problem a while back you need to uninstall tune up utilities and then start regedit go to edit and find and search for tune-up utilities or go to hkey local machine software and browse to anything associated with the program and delete them from you're system I would then go to windows resources and delete anything there that has to do with themes downloaded by the program ....After all this set a restore point before rebooting

I still dont really get it though you cant go to personalization and run a high contrast old school visual style .... never experienced that

Alternatively reinstall tuneup utilities right on top of the existing installation
to try and rectify the corrupt file thats all it is there's a corrupt file somewhere
messin stuff up maybe try that first before all the other stuff
If that doesn't work remove every trace of the program from your system set a restore point back up yer most important files while your in and reboot
You sir deserve a manly hug, that worked perfectly, I now can log in normally with all the services running without worrying if it will log me in again or not. Thanks for the help ^^
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #19
Drewbie

Win7 Ultimate (32) & Win7 Pro (64)
 
 

is there any chance that you could tip the scales for me in the upper right corner
also other users may be interested to know what you did that worked
glad to have been able to help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't load my desktop




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD while on desktop not on load
Hello, Last week I've bought a new GPU (R9 290). Today I have been getting some BSOD's and I wonder what is causing it. I might have a hunch, it says (kernel-41) which means my PSU is failing I guess? But I would like to know for sure. Twice now I went out of a game and was going to facebook...
BSOD Help and Support
windows desktop will not load
Hello, just now I am having this problem with my laptop here. Whenever I start,it does the usual windows sign,but then its black screen.I can hear starting music but a black screen.My login is set to auto,so no point showing the login screen as well. Last night it was working perfect,have...
General Discussion
Desktop Does not load.
Hello, I have an Acer laptop model #5538-1395 that my wife brought me to look at for her friend. After Windows loads all I see is the mouse pointer on the screen. There is no background, taskbar or Icons. I tried going into safe mode and saw the files load but still could only see the mouse...
Hardware & Devices
please help me my desktop not load
I always boot the system and load normally but now when turn on the system not load normally and only i see my document and black screen in screen i send my desktop and screen photo please help me what happened to my windows
Performance & Maintenance
Can Not Log In Now To Load Desktop
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 64-bit. Everything was going fine until today. Powered on laptop. Windows got to my log in screen in the boot process. Log in screen shows my correct user name. I enter my password and get an error message that I have an incorrect user name or...
General Discussion
Desktop wont Load!!
Everytime I restart my computer I get the windows loading screen. then it goes to a black screen for 10 seconds then shows my desktop background, but my icons, taskbar, nothing ever load. I have to go to safemode and then it will... How can i fix this?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:51.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App