Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: help with BSOD

22 Jun 2010   #111
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

That is an informative link. Here is what most of us here use; it is very thorough.

BSOD Index

John's work is excellent.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jun 2010   #112
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

update> no bsod yet been running a few hours now since i clean fan over cpu heatsinks temp for cores are> core 0 > 51 c core 1> 47 c core 2 > 51 c core 3 > 48 c
cpu usage >14% - 18%
91 processors
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #113
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Good to hear. Excessive heat can most certainly trigger a shutdown.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Jun 2010   #114
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Good to hear. Excessive heat can most certainly trigger a shutdown.
when the air comes i will clean with that i also have a new pci card to fit
TP-Link TL-WN851N 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #115
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Sounds good to me. No BSOD"S today?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #116
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

hello there
no so far so good i found this site Cleaning the Interior of your PC
and i started a thread to help people, i think the cleaning part is overlooked of the inportance of a good running machine carl i hope thats the prob with mine i will do a good clean when the air comes and when i fit the the new card. but i must say its good in a way this prob has happened i have learnt so much and have cleaned up my system files. and i have learnt that there is so many nice people like yourself and john willing to share so much knowledge it makes me happy and i will try and help people too with what i no
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #117
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion View Post
hello there
no so far so good i found this site Cleaning the Interior of your PC
and i started a thread to help people, i think the cleaning part is overlooked of the inportance of a good running machine carl i hope thats the prob with mine i will do a good clean when the air comes and when i fit the the new card. but i must say its good in a way this prob has happened i have learnt so much and have cleaned up my system files. and i have learnt that there is so many nice people like yourself and john willing to share so much knowledge it makes me happy and i will try and help people too with what i no
And that is just what this forum is about. Welcome to the Seven Forums family!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #118
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion View Post
hello there
no so far so good i found this site Cleaning the Interior of your PC
and i started a thread to help people, i think the cleaning part is overlooked of the inportance of a good running machine carl i hope thats the prob with mine i will do a good clean when the air comes and when i fit the the new card. but i must say its good in a way this prob has happened i have learnt so much and have cleaned up my system files. and i have learnt that there is so many nice people like yourself and john willing to share so much knowledge it makes me happy and i will try and help people too with what i no
And that is just what this forum is about. Welcome to the Seven Forums family!
i have been reading on other forums that people wont clean because some report boot up problems after and they feel dust does not do anything to electronics how untrue is that!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #119
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Simply stated, they are wrong. Dust causes heat problems and can impede contacts.

The only reasons people would have problems after cleaning is if they damaged a component or didn't replace it when they were done.

Just use a can of compressed air, NOT a vacuum cleaner, and you should be okay. Go slow and be careful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2010   #120
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

hi all got another bsod i cleaned with air today and installed new card i updated the driver from tp-link to a beta one on there site but i have rolled back to the driver that come on the disc incase it was that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 help with BSOD




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App