Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why do some thread starters do not report (...)?!

29 Jul 2010   #21
Petey7

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
Ok how do you mark a thread as solved
You should see a red (yellow on some themes for the site) triangle in the upper-right corner of every post. There are three (sometimes two) buttons in the corner of every post. It will always be the one on the right of the others.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2010   #22
DirtRider

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Is this only available in certain forum areas as I have never seen it and I have looked all over for an option like this. I know on my forums I actually install this into only the technical areas so to speak and then you find it at the bottom left of the thread. However I run different software to this being used here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2010   #23
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Simple... Click on the red triangle Why do some thread starters do not report (...)?!-capture.png and report the post as solved


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jul 2010   #24
DirtRider

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Oh is that how you guys are doing it here We only allow that to be used for reporting abusive and spam threads. I was looking for the solved icon all this time no wonder I got confused. The poor mods must have plenty of work getting all this manual information and having to do it each time for every member

I will make a point of doing it this way in future thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2010   #25
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Only a Mod or Admin can actually mark the thread as solved... reporting the thread as solved saves them a lot of time..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2010   #26
DirtRider

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

I see that now after searching myself stupid for the resolved icon, apologies to all for not reporting my threads as resolved I am busy with that now but flood control is slowing me down
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2010   #27
Wallonn7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
Ok how do you mark a thread as solved
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Petey7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
Ok how do you mark a thread as solved
You should see a red (yellow on some themes for the site) triangle in the upper-right corner of every post. There are three (sometimes two) buttons in the corner of every post. It will always be the one on the right of the others.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
Is this only available in certain forum areas as I have never seen it and I have looked all over for an option like this. I know on my forums I actually install this into only the technical areas so to speak and then you find it at the bottom left of the thread. However I run different software to this being used here
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Simple... Click on the red triangle Attachment 88116 and report the post as solved
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
Oh is that how you guys are doing it here We only allow that to be used for reporting abusive and spam threads. I was looking for the solved icon all this time no wonder I got confused. The poor mods must have plenty of work getting all this manual information and having to do it each time for every member

I will make a point of doing it this way in future thanks
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Only a Mod or Admin can actually mark the thread as solved... reporting the thread as solved saves them a lot of time..
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
I see that now after searching myself stupid for the resolved icon, apologies to all for not reporting my threads as resolved I am busy with that now but flood control is slowing me down
It was on such small things that I mentioned in post # 4 this thread! I'm glad that the exchange of views and personal experiences are making room for doubt never mentioned and other things that show it was worth having opened this thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2010   #28
DirtRider

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Oh well I suppose you need to learn how each forum operates
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2010   #29
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
Oh well I suppose you need to learn how each forum operates
No biggie mate - they're all different. Not marking as solved isn't the biggest crime in the world.


Especially when you can read a thread and you can tell it came to a conclusion anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2010   #30
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Some of us are over 27, and have been around a while, and maybe admined on forums. It's not uncommon for posters to ask questions, and never post again. Either they got their answer and are gone, or perhaps they posted multiple places, and forgot the others when they got their answer.

I think on the internet, those who have bad behavior, or rude , or unthankful behavior, have those traits magnified by the anonymity. Whereas face to fasce, they are forced to at least show some civility, on the internet they have little repercussion for poor behavior. Especially when they have what they wanted.

But there are also those who are not used to posting on forums, and in fact, may avoid it due to personality, aversion, shyness, etc. They may just be unfamiliar with protocol. I tend to assume the latter is the case, and believe the best of people unless they prove otherwise. Hoping they got their problem solved, and are left a little better off for it. Much better to think you helped someone, even if they didn't acknowledge it

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSODs while idle; Driver Verifier report report available
I'll try and make this concise: BSODs occur even while desktop is not in use. Memory_Management and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is what I remember seeing. Also: IE9, IE10 and IE11 all "stop working" randomly. Chrome - ditto. FF32 - ditto. I've run Memtest86 (10 passes) no errors. The last BSOD was...
BSOD Help and Support
Advice to Thread Starters
Lately I have been seeing a lot of thread starters using general title headings such as:" Help, Problem, Urgent help needed". Anyone who sees this post and is thinking of making a post, remember, we want to help you. Everyone here has a different area of expertise. Be as accurate as possible in...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:23.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App