Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Reputation and Badges [4]

10 Nov 2010   #1411
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

It's not a perfect system, but it works okay if members participate properly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1412
HonorGamer

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

I think the system is great. You actually have to be active to make it anywhere.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1413
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
but some persons would get badges just by posting wallpapers but not by helping others
And there lies the problem. When you need real help with a complex problem or something that needs to be fixed ASAP you tend to give more merit to the solutions posted by the people that have more REP. (Human nature) This is because you believe they have that REP because they have solved a lot of problems. If all the REP and badging is from wallpapers or how pretty their desktop looks it gives you a false sense of how good they are at solving a real problem.

If I read the Admins and the support mods correctly REP is to be given for helping solve problems. That is THEIR vision of how REP works here. This is their BBS and they have the right to say how it works. We as users have to conform or decide not participate and go somewhere else. I hope that everyone will choose to participate. AMHO
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Nov 2010   #1414
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
but some persons would get badges just by posting wallpapers but not by helping others
And there lies the problem. When you need real help with a complex problem or something that needs to be fixed ASAP you tend to give more merit to the solutions posted by the people that have more REP. (Human nature) This is because you believe they have that REP because they have solved a lot of problems. If all the REP and badging is from wallpapers or how pretty their desktop looks it gives you a false sense of how good they are at solving a real problem.

If I read the Admins and the support mods correctly REP is to be given for helping solve problems. That is THEIR vision of how REP works here. This is their BBS and they have the right to say how it works. We as users have to conform or decide not participate and go somewhere else. I hope that everyone will choose to participate. AMHO
+1

There's something that bothers me a bit when someone copying nice pics from the net and posting them gets the fame and rep, when some of our best assets, Zigzag (Ken) and Jonathan King and others like them, mainly work in specialized threads which don't get as much publicity, thus doing really hard work but not getting the recognition they deserve.

Generally speaking, I think we are OK. When you think we have 100K+ members and tens of thousands of visits every single day, for instance at this moment over 10,000 visitors online, the abuse of rep system is really not so wide spread problem all things considered.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1415
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yowanvista View Post
but some persons would get badges just by posting wallpapers but not by helping others
And there lies the problem. When you need real help with a complex problem or something that needs to be fixed ASAP you tend to give more merit to the solutions posted by the people that have more REP. (Human nature) This is because you believe they have that REP because they have solved a lot of problems. If all the REP and badging is from wallpapers or how pretty their desktop looks it gives you a false sense of how good they are at solving a real problem.

If I read the Admins and the support mods correctly REP is to be given for helping solve problems. That is THEIR vision of how REP works here. This is their BBS and they have the right to say how it works. We as users have to conform or decide not participate and go somewhere else. I hope that everyone will choose to participate. AMHO
+1

There's something that bothers me a bit when someone copying nice pics from the net and posting them gets the fame and rep, when some of our best assets, Zigzag (Ken) and Jonathan King and others like them, mainly work in specialized threads which don't get as much publicity, thus doing really hard work but not getting the recognition they deserve.

Generally speaking, I think we are OK. When you think we have 100K+ members and tens of thousands of visits every single day, for instance at this moment over 10,000 visitors online, the abuse of rep system is really not so wide spread problem all things considered.

Kari
Thanks Kari Great Points!

On a side note: Very happy to have you back on-line!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1416
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
On a side note: Very happy to have you back on-line!
Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1417
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
On a side note: Very happy to have you back on-line!
Thanks!

I am delightful to have you back.....
Reputation and Badges [4]-ugly.jpg

You short and pudgy old man! hehehehehe


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1418
lorddenis

 

when and how did i become a supporter ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1419
StalkeR

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Congrats lorddenis
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1420
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lorddenis View Post
when and how did i become a supporter ?
Someone likes you

(If the Mods or Admins think you are supporting the site they will add the badge)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Reputation and Badges [10]
This post is to explain the Reputation and Badges and how they work. Badges are given when a user reaches a certain level of reputation and also meets the minimum requirements posted below, or if the Administrators feel a member has earned it before the reputation level is reached. The...
Chillout Room
Reputation and Badges [6]
This post is to explain the Reputation and Badges and how they work. Badges are given when a user reaches a certain level of reputation and also meets the minimum requirements posted below, or if the Administrators feel a member has earned it before the reputation level is reached. The...
Chillout Room
Reputation and Badges [5]
This post is to explain the Reputation and Badges and how they work. Badges are given when a user reaches a certain level of reputation and also meets the minimum requirements posted below, or if the Administrators feel a member has earned it before the reputation level is reached. The...
Chillout Room
Reputation and Badges [3]
This post is to explain the Reputation and Badges and how they work. Badges are given when a user reaches a certain level of reputation and also meets the minimum requirements posted below, or if the Administrators feel a member has earned it before the reputation level is reached. The...
Chillout Room
Reputation and Badges [2]
This post is to explain the Reputation and Badges and how they work. Badges are given when a user reaches a certain level of reputation, or if the Administrators feel a member has earned it before the reputation level is reached. The maximum amount of badges a user can have at one time is 3....
Chillout Room
Reputation and Badges
This post is to explain the Reputation and Badges and how they work. Badges are given when a user reaches a certain level of reputation, or if the Administrators feel a member has earned it before the reputation level is reached. The maximum amount of badges a user can have at one time is 3....
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App