Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today [5]

10 Nov 2010   #1161
StalkeR

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Thanks to all!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1162
Baroness von Shush

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
My dad is on blood thinners, too. The slightest neck or scratch looks like a bloody fight! Yesterday he fell while coming up the steps and was knocked unconscious. I heard him fall. He broke three ribs and his collarbone on the left side. So it is back to the hospital routine for me. He is 90.
Please send him our best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Regards Angie

BTW Happy birthday Stalker!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1163
Carl Lawrence

Dual-boot: Windows 7 HP 32-bit SP1 & Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP2.
 
 

I had my driving lesson earlier and we did emergency stop. Which I need to work on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Nov 2010   #1164
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Carl Lawrence View Post
I had my driving lesson earlier and we did emergency stop. Which I need to work on.

Can't you just use the Button ?


Attached Images
Today [5]-emergency-stop-button-30524707.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1165
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Carl Lawrence View Post
I had my driving lesson earlier and we did emergency stop. Which I need to work on.

Can't you just use the Button ?
Tank Makes An Emergency Stop - YourDailyMedia.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1166
Kari

 

Brutal reality:

A son of our neighbor, soon to be 14 years old, visited me today after the school, to thank for this. It was first visit since my last hospital period. We are friends, I have been encouraging and advising him when possible in his IT interests, being sure his future is in this field.

He said he's sorry not to come earlier "but to be honest, I'm a bit nervous to meet old, sick people". I said I'm only a couple of weeks older than when we saw last time. "But I have never realized how old you are. You are even older than dad." (His dad is 37.)

Reality sucks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1167
Joan Archer

Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Ouch, mind you it's the same with all kids you're over the hill when you get to 30, some even say 20, depends how old the kid is

It's wonderful to have your humour back with us Kari, even if you are over the hill
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1168
Kari

 

Thanks, Joan. He's a nice kid, mayby the only kid I know who I also consider as a good friend and I respect his honesty. However, it hurts a bit to notice how difficult it is to him to stay and talk with me; every time I say something, with my almost ununderstandable lisp, he cleary feels uncomfortable.

I think this time we were both happy when he went home, we have to start again with small steps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1169
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
Give your Dad my best wishes for a speedy recovery Carl, it wouldn't have been nice to get those injuries especially at his age.

My husband is on blood thinners, he's alright shaving mostly but does most of the damage to his arms when feeding and cleaning out the guinea pigs, plus one of our cats thinks nothing of giving him a swipe on a regular basis.

You see his arms covered in cuts and bruises and he can never remember how he did it, or even that he has.
Thank you, Joan. And I know what you mean. Dad is still quite active and he is forever getting scratched or bruised. He looks like he has been fighting all of the time.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spinifex View Post
Best wishes to your Dad, Carl, and a speedy recovery.
Thank you very much.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
My dad is on blood thinners, too. The slightest neck or scratch looks like a bloody fight! Yesterday he fell while coming up the steps and was knocked unconscious. I heard him fall. He broke three ribs and his collarbone on the left side. So it is back to the hospital routine for me. He is 90.
So sorry to hear this Carl I surely hope he will recover soon. You are a good son. A Guy

A Guy
Thank you, Bill.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Baron von Shush View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
My dad is on blood thinners, too. The slightest neck or scratch looks like a bloody fight! Yesterday he fell while coming up the steps and was knocked unconscious. I heard him fall. He broke three ribs and his collarbone on the left side. So it is back to the hospital routine for me. He is 90.
Please send him our best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Regards Angie
Thank you, Angie; and I will do just that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #1170
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StalkeR View Post
Today is my birthday
Happy birthday!! I hope your day is extra special.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Brutal reality:

A son of our neighbor, soon to be 14 years old, visited me today after the school, to thank for this. It was first visit since my last hospital period. We are friends, I have been encouraging and advising him when possible in his IT interests, being sure his future is in this field.

He said he's sorry not to come earlier "but to be honest, I'm a bit nervous to meet old, sick people". I said I'm only a couple of weeks older than when we saw last time. "But I have never realized how old you are. You are even older than dad." (His dad is 37.)

Reality sucks!
That is definitely brutal reality!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [15]
Continued from - Today I got called in to work last night ... and will have to do tonight .. then my week starts the following night ... no rest :rolleyes:
Chillout Room
Today [14.2¾]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/27696-today.html Today, I'm fixing to take a nap. :sleepy:
Chillout Room
Today
Today i worked out at my local ***nasium and later i made a new Sig for myself :)... what did you do today, please share ? Edit - Why is G Y M stared out ?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App