Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today [5]

21 Nov 2010   #1361
Kari

 

With CEO's permission, I just opened the present my dear friend brought yesterday, a bottle of 18 year Laphroiag. First one in a few months. Now sitting in patio, watching beautiful fall sunset, enjoying the best Scotland has produced with a nice Dominican cigar, listening good music from laptop, eying SF.

Life could not be better.

For the record, last time I've been this long without my beloved Single Malt was just before my 18th birthday over 30 years ago...

Come and join me, there's enough whisky for good friends.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #1362
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Received my next piece of coursework for Uni today off the Intranet for my Operating System course. I have to build a fully working file system, either based on the simpler, yet less efficient FAT32, or the more intricate NTFS and optimise a 10MB HDD. I have 4 weeks to do it, so this next month is going to be fun.
Sounds challenging. Good luck

A Guy
Thanks, it will be quite the challenge. Gonna spend the next couple of days getting all my other coursework out of the way then I have just that to concentrate on.

But tonight, it's Harry Potter at the cinema
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #1363
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
With CEO's permission, I just opened the present my dear friend brought yesterday, a bottle of 18 year Laphroiag. First one in a few months. Now sitting in patio, watching beautiful fall sunset, enjoying the best Scotland has produced with a nice Dominican cigar, listening good music from laptop, eying SF.

Life could not be better.

For the record, last time I've been this long without my beloved Single Malt was just before my 18th birthday over 30 years ago...

Come and join me, there's enough whisky for good friends.

Kari
I was saving this for new year, but for u kari its anytime!

Today [5]-shot_1287163748.png
slàinte mhath


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Nov 2010   #1364
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
With CEO's permission, I just opened the present my dear friend brought yesterday, a bottle of 18 year Laphroiag. First one in a few months. Now sitting in patio, watching beautiful fall sunset, enjoying the best Scotland has produced with a nice Dominican cigar, listening good music from laptop, eying SF.

Life could not be better.

For the record, last time I've been this long without my beloved Single Malt was just before my 18th birthday over 30 years ago...

Come and join me, there's enough whisky for good friends.

Kari
Glad to see you are able to have a taste of your old favorites, Kari.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #1365
Imperfect1

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
With CEO's permission, I just opened the present my dear friend brought yesterday, a bottle of 18 year Laphroiag. First one in a few months. Now sitting in patio, watching beautiful fall sunset, enjoying the best Scotland has produced with a nice Dominican cigar, listening good music from laptop, eying SF.

Life could not be better.

For the record, last time I've been this long without my beloved Single Malt was just before my 18th birthday over 30 years ago...

Come and join me, there's enough whisky for good friends.

Kari
So nice to hear that! And so happy that you're feeling better Kari!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #1366
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
[I was saving this for new year, but for u kari its anytime!

Attachment 116192
slàinte mhath
I thank you, although that pic has three essential faults, revealing that could never be my glass:
  1. Ice? Who would like to destroy a good Single Malt with ice? The only way I drink my whisky is as it is supposed to be enjoyed, room temperature or even slightly warmer
  2. That glass suits brown corn schnapps (also called Bourbon) or normal blended household whisky's like Ballantine's or Johny Walker. Not good to experience the rich aroma of Single Malt
  3. The color of that liquid reveals it's most definitely Single Malt
Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #1367
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
[I was saving this for new year, but for u kari its anytime!

Attachment 116192
slàinte mhath
I thank you, although that pic has three essential faults, revealing that could never be my glass:
  1. Ice? Who would like to destroy a good Single Malt with ice? The only way I drink my whisky is as it is supposed to be enjoyed, room temperature or even slightly warmer
  2. That glass suits brown corn schnapps (also called Bourbon) or normal blended household whisky's like Ballantine's or Johny Walker. Not good to experience the rich aroma of Single Malt
  3. The color of that liquid reveals it's most definitely Single Malt
Kari
So ,you wont be wanting a straw then
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #1368
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
So ,you wont be wanting a straw then

That could be a good idea; at the moment some muscles on the left side of my face are still a bit paralyzed, making drinking somewhat more difficult than normally...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #1369
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Kari,
Hook up a slow drip IV and enjoy the effects.
I would prefer smelling and tasting the malt over the IV.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #1370
Kari

 

Dennis, unfortunately I can't test your idea now. The CEO has appointed herself also as the CMO (Chief Medical Officer), and as such she has forced me to end my civilized enjoyment immediately after noticing almost half of Laphroiag was consumed in less than an hour.

But I can guarantee you, the testing will resume in near future!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [15]
Continued from - Today I got called in to work last night ... and will have to do tonight .. then my week starts the following night ... no rest :rolleyes:
Chillout Room
Today [14.2¾]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/27696-today.html Today, I'm fixing to take a nap. :sleepy:
Chillout Room
Today
Today i worked out at my local ***nasium and later i made a new Sig for myself :)... what did you do today, please share ? Edit - Why is G Y M stared out ?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App