Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What would you have done?

22 Oct 2010   #11
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Although it seems like they haven't noticed their mistake. You know in your heart of hearts it's not right to keep something you didn't pay for.

I believe in karma and what goes around comes around. I would ship it back after making sure they paid for the return shipping, but at this point it's been so long, you obviously already made your mind up what you were going to do. And they haven't noticed their mistake.

So you got away with this now but what about later on? The next time something happens to you that negatively effects your life or someone close to you remember this. JMO
Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #12
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kellymac35 View Post
This all took place about a month ago. And guess what..............I have 3 GTX460's
If 2 of them work correctly, I would ask Tiger Direct how to deal with the 3d one. I usually buy from NewEgg and their service is impeccable. So I figure that I would treat them the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #13
Lemur

Systems 1 and 2: Windows 7 Enterprise x64, Win 8 Developer
 
 

I might make sure the first works, then call them. They may just say to keep it. Better than having them catch it in accounting later and bill you extra.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Oct 2010   #14
Kirsch

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kellymac35 View Post
This all took place about a month ago. And guess what..............I have 3 GTX460's
Good. I don't think sending it back to them would have necessarily been the "right thing" to do anyways. As someone posted earlier, with how much they ship out and keep track of, I wouldn't doubt if they just threw it away instead of running it through testing again to make sure whoever sent it back didn't tamper with it, then re-add it to inventory, etc etc.

Congrats on the extra card
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #15
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Although it seems like they haven't noticed their mistake. You know in your heart of hearts it's not right to keep something you didn't pay for.

I believe in karma and what goes around comes around. I would ship it back after making sure they paid for the return shipping, but at this point it's been so long, you obviously already made your mind up what you were going to do. And they haven't noticed their mistake.

So you got away with this now but what about later on? The next time something happens to you that negatively effects your life or someone close to you remember this. JMO
Fabe
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kellymac35 View Post
This all took place about a month ago. And guess what..............I have 3 GTX460's
If 2 of them work correctly, I would ask Tiger Direct how to deal with the 3d one. I usually buy from NewEgg and their service is impeccable. So I figure that I would treat them the same.
Yep, that is why I said to call them. Again 99% of the time it is more trouble for them to get it back and they will tell you to keep it. Then you have done the right thing and you have clean Karma.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2010   #16
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kirsch View Post
Good. I don't think sending it back to them would have necessarily been the "right thing" to do anyways. As someone posted earlier, with how much they ship out and keep track of, I wouldn't doubt if they just threw it away instead of running it through testing again to make sure whoever sent it back didn't tamper with it, then re-add it to inventory, etc etc.

Congrats on the extra card
Agreed, however call them and let them make that call (i.e. you keeping it or not).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2010   #17
smarteyeball

 
 

It's been a month... send an e-mail for conscience sake.

Then enjoy SLI and and a dedicated physx card
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2010   #18
01101001

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
 
 

Maybe its because I've been kicking around for 57 years and so my
formative years were spent in a much simpler time -- but I wouldn't
even have had to ask the question: "What would you have done?"

It's a simple matter of right and wrong. Without a second thought I
would have called TD (who I ahve ordered from many many times without
a single issue, btw) and explained what had happened. Any resolution
would be at their (rightful) discretion.

I'm no Ward Cleaver (LOL), but it would be impossible for me to "enjoy"
something that was not mine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:40.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App