Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What do you think of the new Box Art?

View Poll Results: What Do You Think Of The Box Art?
5 Stars 4 14.81%
4 Stars 4 14.81%
3 Stars 8 29.63%
2 Stars 6 22.22%
1 Star 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

08 Jun 2009   #11
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
like i said i don't care about the box but i don't see what's so wrong with it.

Well its not 'whats wrong with it' its more what I don't like about it.

Its too plain, simple. Atleast put some effort into it, hell I could design that box art, and I suck at designing!

Maybe for Windows 8 they will just say 'screw it' and just use a plain old brown cardboard box (or go eco-friendly and use recycled cardboard, which is green I believe).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2009   #12
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Maybe for Windows 8 they will just say 'screw it' and just use a plain old brown cardboard box (or go eco-friendly and use recycled cardboard, which is green I believe).
: roflmao:

I love it! They could also leave the disk just the plain DVD+R and write Windows 8 X Edition on it in Sharpie, and the Box.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2009   #13
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
: roflmao:

I love it! They could also leave the disk just the plain DVD+R and write Windows 8 X Edition on it in Sharpie, and the Box.

~Lordbob
Lmao, Nah why bother labeling it? It would ruin the 'simpleness' of it. =P

In all seriousness though, I think MS should start selling OS's with both versions on them (meaning x86 and x64) but only use one key. Something like that. They smart *holds in laughter* they can figure it out.


EDIT: Scratch that last idea, MS would rather you pay more for x64 version =P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jun 2009   #14
dw96

Windows 7 Home Premium [64-Bit]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
who cares about the box! its the OS that matters
The comment that said it all!
Agreed!~~!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2009   #15
Ballistyx

Windows 7 RC build 7100x64 // 7260x32
 
 

how about instead of saying "it sucks" why dont you make your own design.. see you can do any better

I gave it a 3.. its alright

As Mercurial said.. its the OS that matters
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2009   #16
scaramonga

 
 

Very plain and minimalistic, not necessary a bad thing, but the disk contents are far more important to me anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2009   #17
Lee

Win 7 Pro x64, VM Win XP, Win7 Pro Sandbox, Kubuntu 11
 
 

Does it really make a difference. I am not buying the box but what the box contains. The box will go where all software boxes go. . .the landfill.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2009   #18
holo88

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ballistyx View Post
how about instead of saying "it sucks" why dont you make your own design.. see you can do any better

I gave it a 3.. its alright

As Mercurial said.. its the OS that matters
ditto @ 3 ... maybe we should declare a "make a sex-ified box art contest"
bring a little competition to the game.
-better yet, make em the same size/shape as the real box, so you can print em and glue it over the s&#ty retail one, when it comes out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2009   #19
Ballistyx

Windows 7 RC build 7100x64 // 7260x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by holo88 View Post
ditto @ 3 ... maybe we should declare a "make a sex-ified box art contest"
bring a little competition to the game.
-better yet, make em the same size/shape as the real box, so you can print em and glue it over the s&#ty retail one, when it comes out.
I think your onto something there Holo88

Maybe the admins and mods could organize something
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2009   #20
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by holo88 View Post
ditto @ 3 ... maybe we should declare a "make a sex-ified box art contest"
bring a little competition to the game.
-better yet, make em the same size/shape as the real box, so you can print em and glue it over the s&#ty retail one, when it comes out.
What do you think of the new Box Art?

Do that on my poll here.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:59.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App