Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What to do about slipping on Ice in the Winter!

24 Nov 2010   #11
Imperfect1

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
I've got a pair of strap on rubber soles that have screws in them like that. They go on over my regular work boots with velcro straps. I keep them in the trunk of the car. The trail where I walk my dog gets hard packed snow from everybody walking on it. Eventually it turns to ice and can be quit trecherous. They've saved me from a bad fall many times.
That sounds great! Do you know where one can buy them, alphanumeric? I'm facing a very icy/snowy Milwaukee winter, and would sure appreciate a little slippage insurance!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #12
big gee

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Yaktrax Ice Grips

These are good
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #13
SledgeDG

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

I like the idea...Reminds me of the 70's when spikes still were legal in Germany

But of course you'd better make sure to steer clear of any hardwood floor

the beauty of it: you'll notice pretty fast if your screws were too long

-DG
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Nov 2010   #14
Packet

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

that is downright clever.

reminds me of always wanting to try golf shoes (the old style ones with the proper metal spikes, not the plastic stuff)
however, the golf shoes i have/got are the ones with the plastic/rubber spikes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #15
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
I've got a pair of strap on rubber soles that have screws in them like that. They go on over my regular work boots with velcro straps. I keep them in the trunk of the car. The trail where I walk my dog gets hard packed snow from everybody walking on it. Eventually it turns to ice and can be quit trecherous. They've saved me from a bad fall many times.
That sounds great! Do you know where one can buy them, alphanumeric? I'm facing a very icy/snowy Milwaukee winter, and would sure appreciate a little slippage insurance!
These are what I have, Icer's Inc. - Anti-skid Detachable Safety Soles , I bought them at a pharmacy here in town.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #16
Imperfect1

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by big gee View Post
Yaktrax Ice Grips

These are good
They look great! Thanks big gee!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #17
Imperfect1

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
I've got a pair of strap on rubber soles that have screws in them like that. They go on over my regular work boots with velcro straps. I keep them in the trunk of the car. The trail where I walk my dog gets hard packed snow from everybody walking on it. Eventually it turns to ice and can be quit trecherous. They've saved me from a bad fall many times.
That sounds great! Do you know where one can buy them, alphanumeric? I'm facing a very icy/snowy Milwaukee winter, and would sure appreciate a little slippage insurance!
These are what I have, Icer's Inc. - Anti-skid Detachable Safety Soles , I bought them at a pharmacy here in town.
These look great too! Quite different from the Yaktrax that big gee posted. I'll have to try them both! Thanks alphanumeric!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #18
big gee

windows 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by big gee View Post
Yaktrax Ice Grips

These are good
They look great! Thanks big gee!
Last winter during that month long ice and snow period ( in Scotland ) I kept seeing these tracks on the ground outside my house. I noticed that the wearer seemed to be having no trouble walking in a straight line, even though I was all over the place. I eventually tracked them up to a house and enquired about their great footware, and then bought a set. They are great and just seem to work like snow chains on vehicles
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #19
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

it's a good thing the wehrmacht didn't have the same idea back in '41 - they would probably have reached moscow...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2010   #20
Packet

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

the Russians have a huge ally on their side who goes by the name of General Winter.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Winter rocks.
http://screensnapr.com/e/AcQWYK.png
Performance & Maintenance
First taste of winter
maximize the window and speakers on Tombe_La_Neige-__JL Ppt Presentation
Chillout Room
Proof of winter coming
this pic was taken at 10:30 am+- Aug 31 2010 fresh snow last night:what:
Chillout Room
Big Winter Storm!
D*mn Global Warming! :shock: East Coast Braces for Heavy Snow - NYTimes.com
Chillout Room
Hot Winter
I can't believe it. It's almost December, but it was 84 F (29 C) in Los Angeles today.
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App