Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What Did You Get for Christmas?

25 Dec 2010   #21
spinifex

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Nothing...... material.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
I got what I wanted most. Friendship, caring, and affection from those I Love.
It is easy to get sucked into the material aspect of the holiday, isn't it?

I'm not immune to it, either....... but being that I am three years removed from a ventilator in a hospital doing my breathing for me, I can at least be grateful for another chance to try and be a better guy for another year.
Actually no.
Tis a discipline.
Discipline. Isn't that where you buy the latest and greatest at the best possible price.??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2010   #22
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Underwear / socks and money.
)
Wasn't that a Warren Zevon song

I got to spend Christmas eve with my family. Mt dearest friend in the world is in the hospital, and could not be home with her family. Alas, the gift of her health was not delivered. When she is home I will celebrate. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2010   #23
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Nothing...... material.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
I got what I wanted most. Friendship, caring, and affection from those I Love.
It is easy to get sucked into the material aspect of the holiday, isn't it?

I'm not immune to it, either....... but being that I am three years removed from a ventilator in a hospital doing my breathing for me, I can at least be grateful for another chance to try and be a better guy for another year.
Actually no.
Tis a discipline.
Discipline was never a strong suit of mine. Even now, I have what I would call "selective" discipline only.....certain things, I have willpower and I am diligent amd responsible, and certain other things, I'm still a fool.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Dec 2010   #24
smarteyeball

 
 

Update:

A voucher to go race a V8 supercar with tutelage for 8 laps at Queensland Race Way race track.



**** Yeah
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2010   #25
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ionbasa View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ionbasa View Post
Ohh and before you ask, since my family is from Europe we celebrate on the 24th.
Sorry, I have to ask. What does Europe and the 24th have to do with it?
I live in California, but its not Christmas yet, but in Europe we celebrate on the 24th not the 25th
I'm in Europe, though I call it England, and we celebrate on the 25th. Who celebrates on the 24th and why? Just curious and thirsting for knowledge. Well thirsting for something this Christmas Day lunchtime (hic)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2010   #26
marsmimar

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TOMPPA View Post
White wonderful christmas -27c and 70cm snow
I'm jealous. We just had a "cold" front move through the area. It's about 5C (42F) with a north wind (wind chill around 2C / 36F.) High for Christmas day is supposed to be around 12C (56F.) No snow. That would have been an awesome present. But I'll settle for the cooler temps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2010   #27
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
I'm in Europe, though I call it England, and we celebrate on the 25th. Who celebrates on the 24th and why? Just curious and thirsting for knowledge. Well thirsting for something this Christmas Day lunchtime (hic)
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who had not heard of the Christmas on the 24th. I just always assumed that the world observed December 25 as the day. I am in the USA and we opened presents on the 24th, but still the 25th is Christmas. Is this what everyone is referring to about the 24th?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2010   #28
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Computer wise, a Logitech wireless trackball, 2 more gigs of RAM for this PC, and a couple of on memory module cooler kits. Oh and a 10th Anniversary Medal of Honor game pack.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2010   #29
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
I'm in Europe, though I call it England, and we celebrate on the 25th. Who celebrates on the 24th and why? Just curious and thirsting for knowledge. Well thirsting for something this Christmas Day lunchtime (hic)
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who had not heard of the Christmas on the 24th. I just always assumed that the world observed December 25 as the day. I am in the USA and we opened presents on the 24th, but still the 25th is Christmas. Is this what everyone is referring to about the 24th?
Looking at the OP's name i think he might hail from Romania. That being the case perhaps they do celebrate on the 24th but I will look after the holidays to see if I can find out! Just curious.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2010   #30
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Computer wise, a Logitech wireless trackball, 2 more gigs of RAM for this PC, a couple of memory module cooler kits, and a 10th Anniversary Medal of Honor game pack.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
New Christmas ad.
LadyPinktomato 1 sent this to me. Someone needs to fix this link but will melt your heart... This WWI-themed Christmas ad is blowing up the Internet | Rare NWF2JBb1bvM May even get our minds off what is and is not important. Dennis
Chillout Room
How was your Christmas?
Mine was better than I thought it would be :D.. I'll leave it at that
Chillout Room
Christmas Avatars
Its that time of year again to don your holiday avatars ... show us whatca got! ;)
Chillout Room
What Did YOU Get for Christmas?
SF The title says it all...what did you get for Christmas (or are going to get tomorrow)?
Chillout Room
christmas greetings to us all
Ok guys thought its time for this so... wishing you all at sevenforums a merry christmas and a happy new year thanks to you all for making sevenforums a genuine pleasure to be part of :party:
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App