Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Who Here Knows Someone?

05 Jan 2011   #51
Kari

 

Rugby = a sport for real men
American Football = rugby for those afraid of hearting themselves
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2011   #52
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Rugby = a sport for real men
American Football = rugby for those afraid of hurting themselves
Never a truer word spoken!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2011   #53
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Rugby = a sport for real men
American Football = rugby for those afraid of hurting themselves
Never a truer word spoken!
Sorry I forgot you there down under. I consider Aussie Rules also being sport for real men. Really enjoy watching it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jan 2011   #54
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Rugby = a sport for real men
American Football = rugby for those afraid of hurting themselves
Never a truer word spoken!
Sorry I forgot you there down under. I consider Aussie Rules also being sport for real men. Really enjoy watching it.
Quite right, Aussie Rules and rugby look like painful sports to play! I've only seen them on television, and still I wince in pain at some of the collisions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2011   #55
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I have played and coached both and the injury rate in American Football is higher (helmet to helmet) than it is for soccer(cheek to cheek)!
Hurting one on the field is the intent in football where hurting one is soccer is made by missing the ball with your foot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2011   #56
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

rugby = a game played by gentlemen with oddly shaped balls.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2011   #57
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Well....I have to have my say on this matter:

Australian Rules Football (Aussie Rules)
A game of aerial pin-pong with no clear rule interpretation. Played by men who are crap at volleyball and/or rugby.

Rugby Union
A game for meatheads who are scared to run the ball and/or tackle properly

Rugby League
A game for meatheads who specialise in running the ball up hard, and tackling hard.

For your information - I love rugby league. It is by far the hardest game out there If you ever want to watch a group of grown men trying to hurt each other legitimately (and occasionally illegitimately) get to a rugby league match.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2011   #58
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
rugby = a game played by gentlemen with oddly shaped balls.
Are they oddly shaped before or after they play rugby?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2011   #59
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Well....I have to have my say on this matter:

Australian Rules Football (Aussie Rules)
A game of aerial pin-pong with no clear rule interpretation. Played by men who are crap at volleyball and/or rugby.
I have seen Aussie Football on TV a few times. It is a lot more interesting to watch than English Football (soccer to us Yanks) or Rugby. I think I could get into Aussie Football.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jan 2011   #60
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Well....I have to have my say on this matter:

Australian Rules Football (Aussie Rules)
A game of aerial pin-pong with no clear rule interpretation. Played by men who are crap at volleyball and/or rugby.
I have seen Aussie Football on TV a few times. It is a lot more interesting to watch than English Football (soccer to us Yanks) or Rugby. I think I could get into Aussie Football.
Hey,

Just call it Aussie Rules or AFL - you can watch some replays/highlight moments here if you like:
AFL - The official site of the Australian Football League - AFL.com.au
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App