Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Which age category do you fall in?

View Poll Results: Which age bracket do you fall in?
<16 81 10.84%
16 to 20 138 18.47%
21 to 25 116 15.53%
26 to 30 59 7.90%
31 to 35 47 6.29%
36 to 40 28 3.75%
41 to 45 32 4.28%
46 to 50 39 5.22%
51 to 55 54 7.23%
> 55 153 20.48%
Voters: 747. You may not vote on this poll

30 Jan 2012   #731
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wanchoo View Post
Why have we put everyone above 55 years in one group. I am over 81 and I suggest that over 55s should be broken down into 5 groups namely 55 to 60, 61 to 70, 71 to 85, 86 to 100 and > 100.

I think it is not at fair to lump all over 55 in one group.
Polls only allow for 10 options, and before it started I had no idea about how many age brackets I would find here. That was the reason for the poll in the first place.

I'm not sure you would find many users here > 100 - possible, but not probable.

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #732
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

[QUOTE=wanchoo;1770896]Why have we put everyone above 55 years in one group. I am over 81 and I suggest that over 55s should be broken down into 5 groups namely 55 to 60, 61 to 70, 71 to 85, 86 to 100 and > 100.

I think it is not at fair to lump all over 55 in one group.

Well,you are a "Senior" member
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #733
z3r010

 

Cant be done without deleting the poll and starting again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jan 2012   #734
wanchoo

Windows 7 Pro with SP1 32bit
 
 

May be we should keep this in mind for any future polls. All I am saying is that over 55s should not be treated as Also Rans


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
Cant be done without deleting the poll and starting again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #735
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wanchoo View Post
May be we should keep this in mind for any future polls. All I am saying is that over 55s should not be treated as Also Rans
Mmm. I think you are being overly sensitive : no one is treating anyone as anything. As for also-rans, far from it....please read on.

The very reason I started the poll was because I suspected that the most active members here are older than I thought they may be (I'm 41 for the record). The poll was designed to test the myth that its the younger generation (lets say <25 for arguments sake) that grasp technology well (or better than the older generation). The poll has proved, with the current sampling, that the > 55's have as good, if not a better grasp, of Windows 7 and related technology. In my own personal experience here, I can confidently say that with only a few exceptions, its the > 55's that have taught me the most here. In fact, for me personally its given a new meaning to "respect for your elders". If you fall in that age bracket, then its a big plus for you

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #736
wanchoo

Windows 7 Pro with SP1 32bit
 
 

Thank you. I am touched.

PS: One of the reasons that there are fewer persons in 31 to 50 age brackets may be that they busy earning the bread for there families. The very young and over 55s have more time on there hands to keep fiddling with their Computers.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wanchoo View Post
May be we should keep this in mind for any future polls. All I am saying is that over 55s should not be treated as Also Rans
Mmm. I think you are being overly sensitive : no one is treating anyone as anything. As for also-rans, far from it....please read on.

The very reason I started the poll was because I suspected that the most active members here are older than I thought they may be (I'm 41 for the record). The poll was designed to test the myth that its the younger generation (lets say <25 for arguments sake) that grasp technology well (or better than the older generation). The poll has proved, with the current sampling, that the > 55's have as good, if not a better grasp, of Windows 7 and related technology. In my own personal experience here, I can confidently say that with only a few exceptions, its the > 55's that have taught me the most here. In fact, for me personally its given a new meaning to "respect for your elders". If you fall in that age bracket, then its a big plus for you

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #737
Influx

Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / WCP x64 / Ubuntu 11 x64
 
 

Cool, but a lot haven't polled. :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2012   #738
manhunter2826

Windows XP - Now Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
 
 

30-40
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2012   #739
Layback Bear

Windows 10 Pro. 64/ version 1709
 
 

The plus 55 are still winning. I wonder why that is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2012   #740
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Maybe because we are the ones needing the most help?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Which age category do you fall in? [2]
As the original thread didn't have a very good split on age groups I thought I'd remake it with a better spread. Original Thread - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/139563-age-category-do-you-fall.html
Chillout Room
Fall back to XP from Windows 7
Don't like Windows 7 on my new Dell PC, various reasons/problems. Tried to install XP, but got a message that said this is blocked because I already have a newer version installed. What can I do? Must I format hard drive to get rid of WIN 7?
Installation & Setup
The Accidental Fall
Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta , Georgia , told police he observed a male customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta , on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee,drew a...
Chillout Room
Is this a sign that HDD prices are about to fall?
I've noticed on Newegg that they've increased the limits on the amount of drives that you can buy. I've seen 3, 5, 10, 20 and 100 drive limits, today. Even the 20 packs are back. If they have so many drives in stock, then why are prices still so high? Price gouging, perhaps? Something...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD after slight fall off of bed
My Acer Aspire 7551 series laptop fell off of the bed, about 2 feet total. it froze then when i restarted it i got a blank black screen with a blinking cursor. tried starting into safe mode to no avail, used my windows 7 retail disk to try to repair it and its not seeing my install of windows,...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App