Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Android OS !

03 Aug 2012   #381
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

That's good advice. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2012   #382
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
That's good advice. Thanks.
Glad I could help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Aug 2012   #383
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Will installing a custom rom do anything and I mean ANYTHING to harm my tablet? There is a stable build of Cyanogenmod 9 out for my tablet and I may give that a try. Will Cyanogenmod mess with voltages for the cpu or overclock anything as I don't want that happening. I want my tablet to last a long time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Aug 2012   #384
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Will installing a custom rom do anything and I mean ANYTHING to harm my tablet? There is a stable build of Cyanogenmod 9 out for my tablet and I may give that a try. Will Cyanogenmod mess with voltages for the cpu or overclock anything as I don't want that happening. I want my tablet to last a long time.
It won't do anything. It may come with a kernel that allows for overclocking or voltage tweaks, but these will be set to stock when you flash it. Just read the comments to see what other people say about the ROM and make sure the MD5 checksums match up with what's online and what you have before flashing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2012   #385
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Will installing a custom rom do anything and I mean ANYTHING to harm my tablet? There is a stable build of Cyanogenmod 9 out for my tablet and I may give that a try. Will Cyanogenmod mess with voltages for the cpu or overclock anything as I don't want that happening. I want my tablet to last a long time.
It won't do anything. It may come with a kernel that allows for overclocking or voltage tweaks, but these will be set to stock when you flash it. Just read the comments to see what other people say about the ROM and make sure the MD5 checksums match up with what's online and what you have before flashing.
Ok. Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2012   #386
Everlong

 

I got my phone updated to the latest InsertCoin ROM for the One X, which is based on the 2.17 firmware for the phone and has Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1. Very smooth and fast, and scored close to 6300 in Quadrant.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #387
The Ironclad

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I love Android... Apple is shiny and what not, but I'm a fan of Open Source + Android has always worked nicely and smooth for me. When I had an iPhone with iOS v5 I didn't like it so much.

The one thing I hate about Android is that company remakes of the shell (like on HTC phones and things like that) are bloated and slow and usually come with apps that are the same way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #388
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Ironclad View Post
I love Android... Apple is shiny and what not, but I'm a fan of Open Source + Android has always worked nicely and smooth for me. When I had an iPhone with iOS v5 I didn't like it so much.

The one thing I hate about Android is that company remakes of the shell (like on HTC phones and things like that) are bloated and slow and usually come with apps that are the same way.
I always disable the 10-15 bloat apps and services in Application Management on my Samsung galaxy Tab. It doesn't uninstall the app, but it keeps it from running in the background or starting up with android starts up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #389
smarteyeball

 
 

Do custom ROMs also have the ability to block ads?

I'm thinking my G3 could do with a custom ROM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #390
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Do custom ROMs also have the ability to block ads?

I'm thinking my G3 could do with a custom ROM.
As long as your device is rooted, there are various ad blocking apps you can install. On my Samsung YP-G70 I use AdAway and it works like a charm.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Android G box
Does anyone know of information to the latest web tool on G box? Some sort of android program that allows web based streaming for free. I am curious to know how to add this software to me PC to view global TV shows.
Chillout Room
Transform Windows 7 Into Android-Like Look With Android Skin Pack
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/275/5/1/android_skin_pack_1_0_x86_by_hameddanger-d4bk719.jpg Download online installer with auto fix bugs: (recommended) 32 bit: 64 bit: Download offline installer: X86>> X64>>
Themes and Styles
The end of Android??
More...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App