Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Windows 7: anyone know what these are called?

17 Apr 2011   #1

windows 7 32BIT SP1
anyone know what these are called?

hi guy been a long time since i have been here but i have, run into a little problam i have just sprayed all my case,now i need to find some of these screws with fixings or something same, as them but i don't no what ther called or where to buy them from but, i hope some 1 here can help also here is a pic of what i am on about.
anyone know what these are called?-dsc01644.png

p.s sorry if this is not in the right place.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2011   #2

Windows 7 Pro x64

Well in general they are called Sex Bolts or Sex Screws.
But I doubt you will find any that have the square female part as all I have ever seen are round.
These were made specifically for the application they were used in.
Why can't you reuse the ones you have?

As far as the Male part that should be easily gotten at any good hardware store.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2011   #3

windows 7 32BIT SP1

i only have 5 that are ok the rest are broken, i got the case from a friend he said it needed some bits, would you no of anything that would be same as using them ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec

17 Apr 2011   #4

Windows 7 Pro x64

Yeah like I said in my first reply, Sex Screws.
They have a female sleeve with internal threads that the male threads screw into. You will only find them in the round type but you should be able to make them work.
Usually they are all metal. It looks like the originals have a plastic female part.

I know you are saying, "This guy wants me to walk into a hardware store and ask for SEX SCREWS". Yeah right and while i'm at it I'll ask for a left handed hammer, a Board Stretcher and a Sky Hook.

No really that is the industrial name for them. Do a google search.

The ones you have now, the originals, are captive. Meaning there is no screw driver slot/philips on one end and they are held in place so they don't turn by the square section. The ones you will find have a slotted or philips bit head on both ends.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2011   #5

windows 7 32BIT SP1

thanks i will have to shop around see if i can find them, at about 5mm length ebay don't have them but more shopping, i should find them thanks for your help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2011   #6

MS Windows 8

if you couldn't find any of those at the local could have it lathe machined in a machine shop...pretty expensive though...but it will save you time looking for it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Apr 2011   #7

windows 7 32BIT SP1

where would one find these as i think these would look, ok Elevator Bolts i need them at around 5 ot 6mm long,or something short but looks nice too money is not an issue, as i have just got some ally sheeting with holes, for my side and top where the windows was.
My System SpecsSystem Spec

Thread Tools

Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
What's this bar called?
Hello, I have forgotten what this bar is called, I'm wanting to change the position of the bar back to the top. Thanks, Peter.
General Discussion
What is it called?
The window that pops up when you insert a flash drive or CD? Autorun or Autoplay? How do I disable it?
General Discussion
What is this called/far??
Hi, This is a really dumb question but i really want to know as every time is see them i keep meaning to find out. The calling are in some kind of big ditch lol :roflmao: and my understanding is that it fills with water?? What is it called and whats it for :D The video to 'The Calling -...
Chillout Room
Don't know what it's called, but want to fix. Please Help
Recently I received a couple virus' from a download. I've taken care of that problem but since then it disabled my ability to open the task manager, which I also fixed, but one other thing it did which was strange is change the way my..uhh bottom right half of my superbar works. I've provided a...
General Discussion
What is this effect called? The different scripts tht are running how to enable them? Any ideas? Thanks
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:24.
Twitter Facebook Google+