Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: The cult of Apple is real.

23 May 2011   #1
ionbasa

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 
The cult of Apple is real.

Quote:
The cult of Apple is real, according to neuroscientists.

They compared MRIs of Apple fans' brains to those of people who call themselves "very religious" and found that Apple and religion light up the same part of the brain. This means that Apple triggers the same feelings and reactions in people as religion.
Some brains see Apple, religion as the same - Business - Consumer news - Retail - msnbc.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #2
SledgeDG

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Steve Jobs as the new Ron Hubbard ???
Thanks but no thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #3
smarteyeball

 
 

Amusing correlation and observation

Although to be fair, the same area of the brain would light up like a Christmas tree in a MRI for those who are slightly brain damaged and are blindly devoted to anything.

It would be interesting to study the effects on other areas of the brain while this occurs.

"Devotion: ON, Logic: OFF"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 May 2011   #4
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Amusing correlation and observation

Although to be fair, the same area of the brain would light up like a Christmas tree in a MRI for those who are slightly brain damaged and are blindly devoted to anything.

It would be interesting to study the effects on other areas of the brain while this occurs.

"Devotion: ON, Logic: OFF"
I'm sure that would not include the Windows 8 leak "enthusiasts".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #5
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote:
The cult of Apple is real, according to neuroscientists.

They compared MRIs of Apple fans' brains to those of people who call themselves "very religious" and found that Apple and religion light up the same part of the brain. This means that Apple triggers the same feelings and reactions in people as religion.
On the other hand atheists eat apples and they were found to have the same feelings and reactions as those in the study above..... thus rendering it moot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #6
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

There are those that anything Apple is good and will stand in line to be the first to get whatever new item Apple is selling.

I have never been an Apple fan and was going to succumb to an iPhone as there was one app that I wanted and it was only available for the iPhone so I ordered one (Verizon). Dumb, it took over two hours on the phone with Verizon tech support to get it activated and running and then only to find out it downloaded everything from my Outlook address book including items that had been deleted a year ago. And the kicker was that Verizon Tech support told me that was the way it worked and I couldn't do anything about it. I immediately packaged it up and sent it back. I now have a Samsung "Fascinate" Android phone that didn't require Verizon Tech support to get activated and is more user friendly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #7
Win7User512

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

I'm not surprised. Too many Mac people I know take it way too seriously.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #8
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Pretty scary!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #9
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

I would suggest that anyone, might "light up" that same section of their brain, under the right conditions of mental/emotional activity relating to any concept. The idea of tying it to a religious fervor is absurd. From what I have read and seen in videos, Apple users are in a class of their own, and do exhibit some strong devotion to these products, but I have seen people of all types do the same for sports, politics, mushroom eaters and even Windows users. It would seem to me, that this is just more of the typical spin that is used by some to attempt to serve their own agendas.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2011   #10
DustSailor

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I would suggest that anyone, might "light up" that same section of their brain, under the right conditions of mental/emotional activity relating to any concept. The idea of tying it to a religious fervor is absurd. From what I have read and seen in videos, Apple users are in a class of their own, and do exhibit some strong devotion to these products, but I have seen people of all types do the same for sports, politics, mushroom eaters and even Windows users. It would seem to me, that this is just more of the typical spin that is used by some to attempt to serve their own agendas.
I think you're right. Besides, no one has ever proven that that section of the brain is reserved for religious emotions only. I am sure religious emotions are stored there, but I believe more than religiosity is stored in that section. Perhaps stronger feelings toward something? I don't know.

I am sure many windows 7 users are the same way. I have witnessed both parties fighting over the different factions and its funny as heck. I myself have fought over Win7 because I believe apple to be a cheap skatin' jerk who takes all your money due to the fact that they came out with some new really cool ideas. they're expensive and I don't need most of what they got. I am a gamer, and most gamers are PC. I like changing up my computer more than a mac allows. I grew up with PC, its what I'm used to. If I want a laptop for office or school use, I'll pay no more than 400US$. However, if you are an artist in anything from music to composition, I hear apple is the computer for you. But we all know what side of the brain artists use lol just kidding.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need Apple Help
Before anyone tells me I am at the wrong site, let me explain :). Today I won a $100 gift certificate for the Apple Store. Since I do not own any Apple products, I need help with what to do with my $100. Is there anything I can buy at the Apple Store that can be used on a Windows product? I...
Chillout Room
Apple is not always best
The new Nexus 7 is really amazing and left the mini iPad in the dust. Retina iPad mini comes in 'distant third' in mini-tablet displays | ZDNet
Chillout Room
Apple Orb
want some nice apple start orbs...... please post!!!
Customization
Cult Tv for those of us of a "certain age" :)
BBC - Cult - Classic TV - Index the adventure game was fantastic :) sorry this is pretty much aimed at the UK :p
Chillout Room
Real Player SP Scheduler Locks-Up Real Player
Real Player SP win32 Scheduler Locks-Up Real Player Version: 1.0.1 Helix Powered Build: 12.0.0.301 Distribution: R51X01 I have had to kill, disable and rename realsched.exe in order to keep realplayer from locking up, hanging and requiring me to kill realplayer to be able to restart...
Software
Apple's CEO
Talk of Jobs coming back soon from medical leave will make things interesting to see if he will somewhat soon relinquish the reins. Or if he will only do that when he physically can't continue on. Will Apple survive without him? Apple's CEO Conundrum - BusinessWeek
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App