Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: another curious thing

12 Jun 2011   #11
jfar

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums View Post
Imagine you are a cowboy in the wild west.
You are in a three way shoot out with two of your compatriots over the hand of a fair lady.
You're not a very good shot. You only hit what you're aiming at 10% of the time.
Your buddy Jake is better, he'll make the shot 60% of the time.
Elwood is the best, he'll hit his target 90% of the time.
You've all only got one bullet each.
You're only advantage is that you're a faster draw than the other two, who are about even.
What's your best course of action?
Can I phone a friend?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #12
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums View Post
Imagine you are a cowboy in the wild west.
You are in a three way shoot out with two of your compatriots over the hand of a fair lady.
You're not a very good shot. You only hit what you're aiming at 10% of the time.
Your buddy Jake is better, he'll make the shot 60% of the time.
Elwood is the best, he'll hit his target 90% of the time.
You've all only got one bullet each.
You're only advantage is that you're a faster draw than the other two, who are about even.
What's your best course of action?
Can I phone a friend?
You can shoot a friend!

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #13
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

You know I actually share names with an ancestor of mine that killed a man because he didn't like the way he was dividing up the fish they caught. (he was hung)
even with that tid bit, this just seems ridiculous to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jun 2011   #14
jfar

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums View Post
Imagine you are a cowboy in the wild west.
You are in a three way shoot out with two of your compatriots over the hand of a fair lady.
You're not a very good shot. You only hit what you're aiming at 10% of the time.
Your buddy Jake is better, he'll make the shot 60% of the time.
Elwood is the best, he'll hit his target 90% of the time.
You've all only got one bullet each.
You're only advantage is that you're a faster draw than the other two, who are about even.
What's your best course of action?
Can I phone a friend?
You can shoot a friend!

A Guy
I have none left.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #15
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums View Post
Imagine you are a cowboy in the wild west.
You are in a three way shoot out with two of your compatriots over the hand of a fair lady.
You're not a very good shot. You only hit what you're aiming at 10% of the time.
Your buddy Jake is better, he'll make the shot 60% of the time.
Elwood is the best, he'll hit his target 90% of the time.
You've all only got one bullet each.
You're only advantage is that you're a faster draw than the other two, who are about even.
What's your best course of action?

Hopalong never misses.

He never kills anyone either.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2011   #16
smarteyeball

 
 

You could always tell your buddies she's not that fair a lady and has the clap as well as consumption.

They may lose interest...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2011   #17
johnwillyums

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

You could put the gun under your chin and threaten to kill yourself unless they let you get the girl this time.
If Jake and Elwood were any kind of decent men they would suddenly realise that you had long been typecast as the sidekick who never got the girl. They'd suddenly become aware that you had real issues and might well blow your own head off.
They would then quietly withdraw. Both feeling a little ashamed that they had been too self absorbed to notice how unhappy you had become lately.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2011   #18
jfar

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums View Post
You could put the gun under your chin and threaten to kill yourself unless they let you get the girl this time.
If Jake and Elwood were any kind of decent men they would suddenly realise that you had long been typecast as the sidekick who never got the girl. They'd suddenly become aware that you had real issues and might well blow your own head off.
They would then quietly withdraw. Both feeling a little ashamed that they had been too self absorbed to notice how unhappy you had become lately.


Can I ask the audience instead?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Nothing serious, I'm just curious.
Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 4a BCP1: 000000007721167A BCP2: 0000000000000002 BCP3: 0000000000000000
BSOD Help and Support
Just curious
I am fixing a Vista machine at the moment and I find it will not run a full Malwarebytes scan in a normal boot but will in safe mode. Am just curious as to why?
System Security
Curious about 64 bit
I built my PC about 3 years ago. The Mother Board is a Gigabyte G41M-ES2L Socket 775. The CPU is an Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.2Ghz 1MB 800Mhz Is there any reason with this combination that I can NOT run a 64 bit OS??
Hardware & Devices
Curious..
Hi guys, I have a Toshiba Sattelite screen. http://pdfguides.com/images/uploads/Toshiba-Satellite-L510-D4012-Front.png I'm wondering if I could put it in my current computer. (Compaq Presario CQ62-210US)
Hardware & Devices
A curious thing
This seems hard to believe. A high powered rifle can fire a bullet a very long way:geek:
Chillout Room
Curious....
Using VMWare Player 3 to host a Linux VM, for which it works well. I see from the file menu it is also offering a way to 'import' a VPC VM (see attached screen shot). I'm trying to get a handle on how this works, so have a few questions, for those who may have actually tried doing this: ...
Virtualization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App