Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Funny and Geeky Cool Pics [2]

22 Mar 2012   #1091
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 






















My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2012   #1092
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
road to el dorado



i used google image search - just drag an image into the searchbox!
Yes, Thank You! Hah, Google Image Search, might need to learn that one...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2012   #1093
xarden

Windows 7 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
i used google image search - just drag an image into the searchbox!
Thats handy. You learn something everyday...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Mar 2012   #1094
Borg 386

Win 7 32 Home Premium, Win 7 64 Pro, Win 8.1, Win 10
 
 

Secretaries chair from the 60's, for taking dictation or listening to music...groovy


Attached Images
Funny and Geeky Cool Pics [2]-181635.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2012   #1095
Imperfect1

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
road to el dorado



i used google image search - just drag an image into the searchbox!
FABULOUS tip mickey megabyte. I wish I could rep you for that because I have been trying forever to figure out how to search for certain images --

But here's my question --- Do you have to have two pages (the Google Search page + the website page with the photo) open at the same time in order to drag the image over to Google Image Search? I tried the Copy command to copy a photo and Paste it into the Google Searchbox, but that didn't work --- although the "Copy Shortcut" command did work a little better --- but I don't think that's what you meant.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2012   #1096
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

i don't know which browser you use, but i use a chrome based browser which allows me to 'rip' a tab off to one side, which opens a new window. i now have two browser windows showing different tabs, and can drag and drop images from one to the other.

or, depending on browser, you may be able to drag the picture up onto the google image page tab, which will then open allowing you to drop the image from the original tab into the searchbox, if you get what i'm trying to say.

i suppose what we really need is some sort of extension or accelerator which lets you right-click on an image and select 'search this image.'...and will open up google image search results in a new tab.

(or a bookmarklet that we could drag images onto)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2012   #1097
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
did you pass that test, booh?

Funny and Geeky Cool Pics [2]-did-someone-say-something.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2012   #1098
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
i don't know which browser you use, but i use a chrome based browser which allows me to 'rip' a tab off to one side, which opens a new window. i now have two browser windows showing different tabs, and can drag and drop images from one to the other.

or, depending on browser, you may be able to drag the picture up onto the google image page tab, which will then open allowing you to drop the image from the original tab into the searchbox, if you get what i'm trying to say.

i suppose what we really need is some sort of extension or accelerator which lets you right-click on an image and select 'search this image.'...and will open up google image search results in a new tab.

(or a bookmarklet that we could drag images onto)
I just tried this in Firefox:
Right clicked on Borg386's photo
Selected: "Copy Image Location"
Open Google Images > Pasted info > Chose: "Image Search"
And got these results:


Does that work for anyone else?


Attached Thumbnails
Funny and Geeky Cool Pics [2]-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2012   #1099
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post

I just tried this in Firefox:
Right clicked on Borg386's photo
Selected: "Copy Image Location"
Open Google Images > Pasted info > Chose: "Image Search"
And got these results:


Does that work for anyone else?
I don't get any option to 'Chose: "Image Search"' Just the search field and search button?

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2012   #1100
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

yes, if you click on the little camera in the searchbox, it offers a new dialogue, and you can paste the image URL.

Funny and Geeky Cool Pics [2]-gid.png

at least it does in my browser.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Funny and Geeky Cool Pics [4]
A cozy crowd is too much for comfort
Chillout Room
Funny and Geeky Cool Pics
OK, I love some of the random images that fly up on here. Some of my favorites are the ones referring to chasing down all of the builds, and what lengths we go to get them. Post your best Funny, Geeky, Techie, Cool pic(s) below.
Chillout Room
Funny and Geeky Cool Pics [3]
:note: Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/174695-funny-geeky-cool-pics-2-a.html I give up.
Chillout Room
The Cool & Funny Videos Thread
Funny Videos YouTube - Tree Power
Chillout Room
Funny pics relating to MS Windows
Just thought I'd start a thread for funny Windows-related images. Sadly, this is what the Vista Capable logo should have been... http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UTFnozSwee4/RcY5pXapuqI/AAAAAAAAAEU/gGyoQdE0jg0/s400/vistalogo.bmp
Chillout Room
Cool volcano pics!
Volcano Lightning Pics
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App