Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Thunder Flies

02 Aug 2011   #1
Ziani

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 
Thunder Flies

Hiya....have this really annoying problem. Just taken procession of a new lappy and I have 2 thunder flies stuck behind the screen...not moving so think they are dead.

Will these just burn up eventually and drop down?

Any ideas how I can remove them?

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2011   #2
Zomby88

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

Place the laptop in very hot soapy water for about 3 hours and then hang on the line to dry overnight.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #3
Ziani

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zomby88 View Post
Place the laptop in very hot soapy water for about 3 hours and then hang on the line to dry overnight.
Not funny These are very annoying as I cannot get to them and it really getting me down
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Aug 2011   #4
Digerati

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

Yeah, I don't think that was funny either. It was an inappropriate response.

I note thunderflies, midges, noseeums, gnats, or whatever you want to call them can be a real nuisance, especially when they become trapped and die in such visible, but distracting places. This is actually the 3rd time in a month I have seen this same complaint from UK users, and sadly, I only have the following to offer - and it has not been too successful.

You can try to disconnect the monitor, turn it upside down and shake it in the hopes the bug will fall behind the bezel (the covering over the edges of the screen) and out of sight. You can try blasting compressed air in there to again, move the bug out of sight.

If no success trying to shake it out of view, you can take the monitor to a shop where they probably have a shelf full of similarly infested monitors.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2011   #5
Ziani

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
Yeah, I don't think that was funny either. It was an inappropriate response.

I note thunderflies, midges, noseeums, gnats, or whatever you want to call them can be a real nuisance, especially when they become trapped and die in such visible, but distracting places. This is actually the 3rd time in a month I have seen this same complaint from UK users, and sadly, I only have the following to offer - and it has not been too successful.

You can try to disconnect the monitor, turn it upside down and shake it in the hopes the bug will fall behind the bezel (the covering over the edges of the screen) and out of sight. You can try blasting compressed air in there to again, move the bug out of sight.

If no success trying to shake it out of view, you can take the monitor to a shop where they probably have a shelf full of similarly infested monitors.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Thank you for a nice response....some people have a sick sense of humour at other peoples misfortunes

I have to be careful as its just out of the bag and under warranty. I have arranged for it to go back for them to have a look at it so fingers crossed they may be able to sort it....meanwhile no computer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2011   #6
Digerati

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

I hope you get some resolution through the warranty process, but I would be surprised if they did do anything (without charging you). It is not really a fault with the monitor. Please keep us posted.

As far as no computer, note that most TVs sold in the last few years support computers too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2011   #7
Imperfect1

 
 

Hi Ziani, Welcome to the forum, and here are some words of caution --- and I hope you haven't sent your computer off to be repaired yet because unfortunately, a lot of harm can be done by the repair people.

First and most important, is to backup everything before you send your laptop off to be repaired.

It is also important to take dated photos of your laptop --- open and closed --- to show that there was no damage (i.e. scratches, dents, etc.) on your laptop when you sent it.

It's also important to send a clear written statement of exactly what the problem is. Some people even go so far as to include a short video.

If you don't want them messing with your hard drive or any other component of your computer, you need to tell them, because for whatever reason, they usually seem to make changes to your system --- no matter what the problem supposedly is.

Don't mean to scare you, but there are numerous nightmare stories of all kinds of harm caused by the repair people, when sending a laptop off to be repaired.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2011   #8
Digerati

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

Sorry, I completely missed where you said "lappy".

I would not disconnect the monitor as I suggested above. But shaking (gently) may still be an option. Otherwise, I think imperfect's advice is counter to his name.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2011   #9
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
Sorry, I completely missed where you said "lappy".

I would not disconnect the monitor as I suggested above. But shaking (gently) may still be an option. Otherwise, I think imperfect's advice is counter to his name.
Her
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2011   #10
Digerati

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

Quote:
Her
I'm going back to bed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSODs playing War Thunder
So I had another thread for multiple BSOD issues and I applied all of the fixes suggested. I went 48 hours with no issues so I closed that one out. A few hours later I had another BSOD. I followed the instructions for turning on driver verifier and I let that run. Just now I had the first BSOD...
BSOD Help and Support
dll flies for livemail
Morning I used to have a Windows live mail email address. But it got lost when it changed to Hotmail /then to Outlook.com,i am trying to get back to live mail but I keep getting a message that say's I am missing a file, WLDCore.dll. what is this and how can I install it again.
Drivers
How to watch online as a huge asteroid flies by Earth today
Read more at: How to watch online as a huge asteroid flies by Earth today | Cutting Edge - CNET News Asteroid Near Earth Fly-By Captured By Italian Observatory | Video - YouTube SfAynAE8Dx4
Chillout Room
Distorted Graphics in NASCAR Thunder 2004
Hello, I have a copy of NASCAR Thunder 2004 for PC. I recently tried to install it on my new Win 7 machine. But when I start the game, the 3D graphics are distorted. This game worked fine on my old Win XP machine. I really would like to play this game. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...
Gaming
Acer Netbook 521 -- FLIES with 2GB RAM and W7 PRO
Hi all I got one of those small netbooks for travelling - Acer ONE LO5021 with the faster AMD chip. The spec says max 1GB RAM DDR3. Anyway I removed the 1 GB ram and replaced it with a 2GB RAM module -- these are cheap enough now. It works fine and the system really flies for what I need on...
Hardware & Devices
Thunder Struck
I am rather new to this so please bear with me. The other day while my wife and I were away from the house there was a thunder storm here that caused a power outage. Now my computer won't post. Sounds like a motherboard to me. What do you guys think?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App